Three bad plays. Thats it. Three bad plays in three games. Prove me wrong.

Chaos

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

I agree.  People are harsh on Cook because the video shows ball going through his hands...but what is not seen is the spectacular leap he made to reach that ball...He was a good 3-4 yards behind the ball.

Yea that was a tough catch. I agree with what others have said in that type of catch being an issue for him generally but the over the shoulder down the field catches he dropped last year were right in his hands. This one wasn't quite. It was catchable but it was not an easy catch he was at his limit in terms of his stretch. I think very few running backs make that play tbh.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im with you here on the very limited number of bad plays...but there are a few more.  

1. Allen Fumble - self inflicted
  2. 3 early penalties on the OL first half of AZ game
  3. 2 different missed throws by Allen down field to an open MVS
  4. Cook dropped TD pass...not the easiest catch, but one he needs to make
  5. Couple play calls I think Brady wants back

Still...a very short list for 3 games in.  

I don't think I have ever been more pissed than when the news broke about Fitz new contract.  He got it over one game then went on to average 1 TD a game the rest of the season except for the Bengals game where he had 3 INTS until their entire secondary got hurt and he made a 4 TD game comeback.  He literally was trash almost every game that year and making it worse was all the people trying to argue to me that he was good and had a lot of TD's despite the fact they all came in just 2 of his games.  

LOVE FITZ the person, the mindset and style of player, guy off the field.  But Ryan FitzPickSix the QB I had enough of as the Bill starter long before he wasn't the Bills QB here anymore.  

If i remember correctly, most of Fitz's TD's that year came in garbage time.......and not in a good way for us either.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Thurman caught those all the time.

It marks the difference between very good and HOF.

I had the same thought! Thurman seemingly had eyes on top of his head. We older fans also recall Joe Cribbs' great hands on receiver-type overhead throws. Anyhow I sure hope Cook gets it worked out, because he does run terrific downfield routes -- wheels, etc. His speed is so deceptive; he just glides away from the DBs. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that was a tough catch. I agree with what others have said in that type of catch being an issue for him generally but the over the shoulder down the field catches he dropped last year were right in his hands. This one wasn't quite. It was catchable but it was not an easy catch he was at his limit in terms of his stretch. I think very few running backs make that play tbh.

Agreed.  I class it as a tough catch that still counts as a drop.  Great effort to get to the ball, would've been a major highlight-reel if he caught it, but ultimately the ball went through his hands and that has to be counted as a drop.  Much less concerning than his TD drops last year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

If i remember correctly, most of Fitz's TD's that year came in garbage time.......and not in a good way for us either.

It 100% did and I kept posting about that and people kept arguing his totals.  It was one of the most frustrating times...that and Trentative era may have been the two worst as there was a plethora of people trying to make cases that both were good when they never were good at any point.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Einstein said:

Jokes aside, him dropping passes like that could cost us big in a game where the score is a lot closer. He drops as many of those as he catches, going back to last year.

Agree, I have come to realize he is a good route runner but his hands a garbage.....most RB passes are short passes with little velocity, easy peasy....his drops are all routine.  The one Monday was harder but not a terribly difficult catch, he was not close, did not even get it in his hands.  It is a hole in his game.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It 100% did and I kept posting about that and people kept arguing his totals.  It was one of the most frustrating times...that and Trentative era may have been the two worst as there was a plethora of people trying to make cases that both were good when they never were good at any point.

I know you don't agree but that is how I felt about Tyrod. I hated watching the Bills those years. He was enthusiasm sapping. When you know a guy isn't it and he is being propped up it is depressing. 

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

In the NFL opponents are going to score. Teams are going to have turnovers.  Not every turnover and not every opponent score is a "bad" play, in the sense it is out of the ordinary. 

By this standard, the Bills have had three bad plays this season. The TD return. Bass's missed FG, Bass's missed XP.  Thats it, all the other plays could be argued to be good plays by the opponent.  

This is a truly remarkable run of three games. 

PS.  I am old enough to remember the plan to build the team around a highly paid Ryan Fitzpatrick not that many eons ago, after a 3 game win streak. 

Since Special teams has failed should they fire the OC?

Seriously I get the season has started well but there have been other bad plays, a bit too much rose colored glasses for me.

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know you don't agree but that is how I felt about Tyrod. I hated watching the Bills those years. He was enthusiasm sapping. When you know a guy isn't it and he is being propped up it is depressing. 

I hear you.  While I do think Tyrod was the best QB between Kelly and Allen, that isn’t saying much and his competition for that title are scrubs.

My thing with Tyrod is our offense scored compared to the QBs before him.  His 3 years was the 2nd highest scoring 3 year period (pre Allen of course) to only the SB years in Bills history.  It was maddening to see him somehow not see a wide open Clay running right over the middle in front of him, but at least we scored points compared to the previous QB’s of the drought eras.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted to upgrade from TT too, but scoring points was a refreshing change from the previous pathetic offenses we had to watch.  

What drove me more nuts was how bad Rex ruined our defense and how bad that coaching staff was.  Can’t believe I actually liked that hire initially at the time it happened because I thought he would at least elevate our D to another level.  Gross.  

Can’t believe we suffered through 17 years of that inept level of football 🤢

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hear you.  While I do think Tyrod was the best QB between Kelly and Allen, that isn’t saying much and his competition for that title are scrubs.

My thing with Tyrod is our offense scored compared to the QBs before him.  His 3 years was the 2nd highest scoring 3 year period (pre Allen of course) to only the SB years in Bills history.  It was maddening to see him somehow not see a wide open Clay running right over the middle in front of him, but at least we scored points compared to the previous QB’s of the drought eras.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted to upgrade from TT too, but scoring points was a refreshing change from the previous pathetic offenses we had to watch.  

What drove me more nuts was how bad Rex ruined our defense and how bad that coaching staff was.  Can’t believe I actually liked that hire initially at the time it happened because I thought he would at least elevate our D to another level.  Gross.  

Can’t believe we suffered through 17 years of that inept level of football 🤢

Yea and I feel the way you do about Tyrod about Fitz. He just played on much worse Bills teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod, then Bledsoe, then Fitz.  Tyrod got us to a playoff game (Thanks Andy Dalton).

As to bad plays there are 3 that stand out from the AZ game alone -  Torrence's Face mask cost us a TD against AZ.  Josh's fumble when what should have been an early scoring drive.  The AZ kick return for a TD.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

5 hours ago, Cash said:

Agreed.  I class it as a tough catch that still counts as a drop.  Great effort to get to the ball, would've been a major highlight-reel if he caught it, but ultimately the ball went through his hands and that has to be counted as a drop.  Much less concerning than his TD drops last year.

Is it really that tough of a catch for an NFL caliber player?

I know it’s over the shoulder but my goodness it went right through his hands.

IMG-3701.jpg

Not like he had to dive for it or make a circus one-handed grab.

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

I agree.  People are harsh on Cook because the video shows ball going through his hands...but what is not seen is the spectacular leap he made to reach that ball...He was a good 3-4 yards behind the ball.

There was no leap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Is it really that tough of a catch for an NFL caliber player?

I know it’s over the shoulder but my goodness it went right through his hands.

IMG-3701.jpg

Not like he had to dive for it or make a circus one-handed grab.

It's a tough catch for him.  He dropped this pass against the Eagles last year and the Dolphins finale.

He's 0 for 3 if my memory serves me right.  

In general, as a professional football player at a skill position, he should catch it.  He is good at everything except this over the shoulder catch.  It's like a shooting guard that can drain the ball everywhere but struggles with free throws.  

• Like (+1) 1