Three bad plays. Thats it. Three bad plays in three games. Prove me wrong.

Chaos

In the NFL opponents are going to score. Teams are going to have turnovers.  Not every turnover and not every opponent score is a "bad" play, in the sense it is out of the ordinary. 

By this standard, the Bills have had three bad plays this season. The TD return. Bass's missed FG, Bass's missed XP.  Thats it, all the other plays could be argued to be good plays by the opponent.  

This is a truly remarkable run of three games. 

PS.  I am old enough to remember the plan to build the team around a highly paid Ryan Fitzpatrick not that many eons ago, after a 3 game win streak. 

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

Cook should be benched for 6 games for dropping the ball.

Jokes aside, him dropping passes like that could cost us big in a game where the score is a lot closer. He drops as many of those as he catches, going back to last year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Jokes aside, him dropping passes like that could cost us big in a game where the score is a lot closer. He drops as many of those as he catches, going back to last year.

Ummm….. it did cost us in a big game.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I have been on Cook about his drops but that is a very tough catch for a RB. It is nothing like some of the lollipops he was dropping last year. That's the only one he's dropped this year so I really can't complain. Just keep catching the easy ones.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

In the NFL opponents are going to score. Teams are going to have turnovers.  Not every turnover and not every opponent score is a "bad" play, in the sense it is out of the ordinary. 

By this standard, the Bills have had three bad plays this season. The TD return. Bass's missed FG, Bass's missed XP.  Thats it, all the other plays could be argued to be good plays by the opponent.  

This is a truly remarkable run of three games. 

PS.  I am old enough to remember the plan to build the team around a highly paid Ryan Fitzpatrick not that many eons ago, after a 3 game win streak. 

Allen's fumble in the first game. That was on him...not the defense making a good play. He held the ball far too long there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I have been on Cook about his drops but that is a very tough catch for a RB. It is nothing like some of the lollipops he was dropping last year. That's the only one he's dropped this year so I really can't complain. Just keep catching the easy ones.

Watching Cook over his time - I think that throw is very hard for him to catch.  That particular throw - over the top/shoulder with the receiver going straight away - is a WR style catch and Cook has missed on several of those over the last 2 years - especially last year.  I don’t think they are really drops as those are going to be very low percentage catches for him.

Cook is much better on the quick sideline routes and the crossing the middle style routes - where he can turn and get eyes on the ball and look it in.  I think Brady and Josh need to recognize that and adjust because Ty Johnson and Ray Davis seem better at that route.  

It does not mean the Bills should not utilize Cook in the passing game or limit his plays, but maybe they need to look as his personal route tree and limit that specific type of throw and move him to something where he can really see the entire pass.  

He is a good receiver out of the backfield and has shown that at every level he has played, but he looks very awkward when trying to catch that type of pass and he seems to misjudge and not make a hands catch like he does elsewhere on the field.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Watching Cook over his time - I think that throw is very hard for him to catch.  That particular throw - over the top/shoulder with the receiver going straight away - is a WR style catch and Cook has missed on several of those over the last 2 years - especially last year.  I don’t think they are really drops as those are going to be very low percentage catches for him.

I have noticed this too.