Joe Brady has changed the season's expectations

Inigo Montoya

Every year before the season starts my wife who is a Bills fan by marriage, and causal football fan overall, asks me if the Bills are going to be good this year.  She has suffered through more "husband in a bad mood Sundays" than she should have in the 27 years we've been married.

I told her I didn't think the Bills would do great this year, we might make the playoffs, but I didn't think it could be a Super Bowl year.   We were getting our salary cap straight and hopefully Beane was setting the table to start a new run the next few seasons with a younger roster and room to maneuver in the free agency.

Through the first three weeks it looks like I was wrong.  I think if they keep winning, the urgency for them to win a Super Bowl this year increases exponentially for one reason, Joe Brady. 

If the Bills make a deep playoff run, Joe Brady will be a head coach next season.  We will have one year with him here to get over the hump.  I'm not an X's & O's guy but its clear that Brady has designed an offense that is bringing out the best in Josh, can score a lot of points, and win in different ways.  Josh has easy reads, wide open receivers, and a creative and effective running game to support him.  It looks more like an Andy Reid offense than anything we've fielded since Josh arrived.  Teams hoping to find their franchise QB in next year's draft will be lining up to hire Brady. 

After the first three games I have a different outlook, I think this is a team that can make a run and win a Super Bowl.  I also think we better get it done this year because the Brady/Allen collaboration is almost certainly going to be a one and done.

I disagreed strongly with the vast majority of the board who thought the Bills were not a SB contender esp after the injuries started piling up. As long as Allen is here we will always have a shot. This team is getting younger and more athletic and will continue to do so in the next year or two with a plethora of draft picks and money coming off the books 

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Every year before the season starts my wife who is a Bills fan by marriage, and causal football fan overall, asks me if the Bills are going to be good this year.  She has suffered through more "husband in a bad mood Sundays" than she should have in the 27 years we've been married.

I told her I didn't think the Bills would do great this year, we might make the playoffs, but I didn't think it could be a Super Bowl year.   We were getting our salary cap straight and hopefully Beane was setting the table to start a new run the next few seasons with a younger roster and room to maneuver in the free agency.

Through the first three weeks it looks like I was wrong.  I think if they keep winning, the urgency for them to win a Super Bowl this year increases exponentially for one reason, Joe Brady. 

If the Bills make a deep playoff run, Joe Brady will be a head coach next season.  We will have one year with him here to get over the hump.  I'm not an X's & O's guy but its clear that Brady has designed an offense that is bringing out the best in Josh, can score a lot of points, and win in different ways.  Josh has easy reads, wide open receivers, and a creative and effective running game to support him.  It looks more like an Andy Reid offense than anything we've fielded since Josh arrived.  Teams hoping to find their franchise QB in next year's draft will be lining up to hire Brady. 

After the first three games I have a different outlook, I think this is a team that can make a run and win a Super Bowl.  I also think we better get it done this year because the Brady/Allen collaboration is almost certainly going to be a one and done.

Well if Brady is going to be gone that quickly,  we better have a guy ready who knows Joe's playbook extensively.  I just wish Josh could have the stability of the same OC for a few years. Patrick has Andy forever.

I suspect that Brady won't be to quick to take a head coaching job unless it' the perfect spot.  He was promoted from college to be an NFL OC way to quickly and he wasn't ready.  He suffered through getting thrown under the bus and has to consider himself lucky to have landed with Buffalo.  I doubt he makes the same mistake again. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well if Brady is going to be gone that quickly,  we better have a guy ready who knows Joe's playbook extensively.  I just wish Josh could have the stability of the same OC for a few years. Patrick has Andy forever.

This is the problem with a defensive coach and a superstar QB.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I suspect that Brady won't be to quick to take a head coaching job unless it' the perfect spot.  He was promoted from college to be an NFL OC way to quickly and he wasn't ready.  He suffered through getting thrown under the bus and has to consider himself lucky to have landed with Buffalo.  I doubt he makes the same mistake again. 

This right here ^^^

8 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

This is the problem with a defensive coach and a superstar QB.

One just makes Brady the “assistant head coach “ and give him a big ass raise,  just saying. 

Edited by Don Otreply