This team’s mentality is similar to the 90’s teams

Snappysnackcakes

One quiet summer afternoon I ended up flicking my tv on to find the America's Game of the 2006 Colts. I remember from the very end of the episode Tony Dungy saying he felt the 2006 roster was less talented than some of the early 00s Colts teams but they just bonded and gelled as a team and that was what catapulted them to their Lombardi Trophy. That is actually the team I now think of when I think of this Bills squad - all worldly QB in his prime who despite that hasn't yet made a Superbowl in a year where he has lost some pieces of his stellar supporting cast... let's hope the outcome is the same!

• Like (+1) 5

That was 3.5 decades ago.........we don't need to find a way to make this group of Bills teams like the teams from teh 90's.....the game has changed, preparation has changed, strategy has changed, how players keep themselves in shape has changed.  These teams stand on their own.  I look back at the 90's teams with a mountain of fond memories but this team is not like them, it is different we dont need to make them the same, it has no bearing on if they get over the hump or not.

• Thank you (+1) 2

The thing i remember well about those early-mid 90's Bills teams is that we were the best in the AFC.  Sure, you had Marino and Moon and Montana came over to the Chiefs...but Kelly and the Bills were well above those clubs.  We knew it, they knew it.  The Bills also dominated the NFC during that era except for the Super Bowl game(s), which is so frustrating but whatever, that's history.

This Bills team over the past 4-5 years is super talented but have not been well above the rest of the AFC.  Sure they win a lot of regular season games, but winning the games that matter is what you need.  I actually think our best path to beating KC in the playoffs, is not to play them.   I think a team like the Jets is a bad matchup for KC and if the Jets get a wild card and happen to play the Chiefs that would be ideal.

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They want to buy a big bag of coke and fight over the same blonde newscaster?

If it’s the same newscaster im thinking of she thinks her past with Bills players and George Clooney should get her special treatment from everyone. Hated when she would come into our office. Wouldn’t say anything just stare down the secretary expecting her to drop what she was doing with other clients and rush to help her even though she was close to an hour late. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That was 3.5 decades ago.........we don't need to find a way to make this group of Bills teams like the teams from teh 90's.....the game has changed, preparation has changed, strategy has changed, how players keep themselves in shape has changed.  These teams stand on their own.  I look back at the 90's teams with a mountain of fond memories but this team is not like them, it is different we dont need to make them the same, it has no bearing on if they get over the hump or not.

Well said!  And this is coming from someone who probably wouldn't be the Bills fan I am today without the influence of those 90s Bills teams.  And I always wanted to see a reincarnated version of the 90s Bills because I was on the younger side during the first run.  But too much time has passed.  The game is completely different and there's really no parallel's over 30 years later.  The 90s Bills will always have their place in history, it was a wild ride but this team has it's own thing going on that's pretty cool.  I remember during the drought years we would always try to make comparisons about the 90s Bills teams but I think it's time to let these comparisons RIP.  It is a new era and this Bills team is very relevant in today's NFL. 

14 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If Marv opens his eyes and realizes we could have ran all day on the Giants we win 1 going away

I hate talking about this anymore as I agree 14 carries for 156 years if memory serves is ######ed to keep sticking to the K Gun offense.  It’s not that Keyys offense wasn’t excellent, but Parcells outcoached him.