This team’s mentality is similar to the 90’s teams

Kelly learned to rely heavily on the run game is very similar to Josh’s reaction to run-heavy game plans. Keep in mind that Kelly was calling his own plays for the majority of “the runs” to the Super Bowls. Thurman was happy to have Kenny Davis taking runs and touchdowns from him. They both understand we>me and the selflessness exemplified by their so-called sacrifices. I don’t see at as sacrificing anything, it’s about winning. Ridding this squad of Diggs (he pushed for it) is the best thing that could’ve happened to them. He could’ve destroyed a lot of careers if he wasn’t moved. I can’t believe it’s only Brady’s doing, this is a fundamental paradigm shift in thinking and not easily accomplished with the egos of modern athletes. My hat goes off to all of these people; from Pegula down to every player who’s bought into this new way of being coached. You watch, there’s going to be a lot of teams that’ll hope to poach our players away because they’re creating leaders out of all these players. 

• Like (+1) 1

So, we are going to be really talented, dominate the regular season, dominate in the playoffs, and make the Super Bowl only to...

Please no. I loved the 90s teams, but the only comparison I want with that team is that Josh Allen is going to be in the Hall of Fame too. Other than that, my heart can't take any comparisons to teams that tripped at the finish line. 🤕

Edited by Wizard
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Wizard said:

So, we are going to be really talented, dominate the regular season, dominate in the playoffs, and make the Super Bowl only to...

Please no. I loved the 90s teams, but the only comparison I want with that team is that Josh Allen is going to be in the Hall of Fame too. Other than that, my heart can't take any comparisons to teams that tripped at the finish line. 🤕

I believe that Marv, and I love the man as much as anyone, did not have a handle on those teams. The stories about their partying before the Super Bowl games are nuts. I’m not comparing the results (hopefully) but the commitment to the team succeeding. 

Just now, Snappysnackcakes said:

I believe that Marv, and I love the man as much as anyone, did not have a handle on those teams. The stories about their partying before the Super Bowl games are nuts. I’m not comparing the results (hopefully) but the commitment to the team succeeding. 

If Marv just implements a curfew, we win at least 1.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They want to buy a big bag of coke and fight over the same blonde newscaster?

This just about nails it. People young enough have no clue what it was really like before cell phones existed. People got away with so, so much more. I wonder what the University of Miami’s program would’ve really looked like from ‘80 - ‘99. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If Marv just implements a curfew, we win at least 1.

Probably, yes. It’s just insane to think we went to 4. Marino in his prime, Elway, Esiason…

2 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

This just about nails it. People young enough have no clue what it was really like before cell phones existed. People got away with so, so much more. I wonder what the University of Miami’s program would’ve really looked like from ‘80 - ‘99. 

Cocaine IVs in  each room.