If you thought the Bills’ offense would struggle, what are your thoughts now?

eball

We heard a whole lot of this during the offseason:

”How can they trade away Diggs and not bring in a true #1?”

”We have a bottom-three WR room in the NFL!”

”McGovern can’t switch to C; he hasn’t played there since college!”

”Brady can’t design an NFL offense that doesn’t rely upon Josh being Superman every game!”

”McDermott doesn’t understand modern NFL football.”

So after three weeks and 112 points, and two 2nd halves spent just running out the clock, is it still “too soon” to say that perhaps Beane and McDermott know what they are doing?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean I was optimistic and curious about the new scheme but I'm not going to pretend that I thought it would be "highest offensive PPG in the league by 3 points" good. I don't think ANYONE here expected that much .

I still think someone will find a counter, but we know Josh can turn it on when he needs to.

• Like (+1) 2

I was more optimistic than most on Brady. I had zero concerns over McGovern. I was worried about the receiver situation. I think our OC has schemed around a weakness brilliantly so far. But I still think it is a weakness. I need to see them succeed in a shoot out where they get forced into pure drop back passing where their shifts and motion etc counts for less. That is the remaining hurdle for me. If I can see them pass and pass successfully when everyone in the stadium know they have to and is playing to take it away then I will relax over the receiver room. As it is, win one of the next two and they are all but guaranteed the playoffs IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, eball said:

We heard a whole lot of this during the offseason:

”How can they trade away Diggs and not bring in a true #1?”

”We have a bottom-three WR room in the NFL!”

”McGovern can’t switch to C; he hasn’t played there since college!”

”Brady can’t design an NFL offense that doesn’t rely upon Josh being Superman every game!”

”McDermott doesn’t understand modern NFL football.”

So after three weeks and 112 points, and two 2nd halves spent just running out the clock, is it still “too soon” to say that perhaps Beane and McDermott know what they are doing?

i went into this season thinking the offense would be in trouble. through three games i am way more optimistic than before w two caveats-

i am not convinced we've played a decent defense yet

i think our run game is still kind of built to succeed when things are easy

outside that my biggest takeaways are 1 davis+diggs were just as bad a fit for allen as i thought and 2 allen is even better than i realized. props to brady for putting the puzzle together nicely

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I was more optimistic than most on Brady. I had zero concerns over McGovern. I was worried about the receiver situation. I think our OC has schemed around a weakness brilliantly so far. But I still think it is a weakness. I need to see them succeed in a shoot out where they get forced into pure drop back passing where their shifts and motion etc counts for less. That is the remaining hurdle for me. If I can see them pass and pass successfully when everyone in the stadium know they have to and is playing to take it away then I will relax over the receiver room. As it is, win one of the next two and they are all but guaranteed the playoffs IMO.

My thoughts exactly.

I believed that the offense was automatically top 10 off the rip when you have a HOF QB and I was hopeful they would improve as the season went along, I was never worried about the offense. I never would have predicted this efficiency especially this early.

It was the D where my concerns laid, but they have looked up for it and have exceeded my expectations majorly.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I'm being a bit of a troll but I never thought they would struggle and said all summer, they're the most complete O in the Allen era!

I used the term Josh is a point guard a few times on this board after Diggs trade. Get it to who's open and see how it plays out, don't force it 

I had a feeling, so far so good! 🤞

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

I used the term Josh is a point guard a few times on this board after Diggs trade. Get it to who's open and see how it plays out, don't force it 

I had a feeling, so far so good! 🤞

Yes brother. ❤️❤️ ya I did as well, pretty sure the coaches, F.O and Josh strategically planned all the offensive moves .

Bro, once the Diggs trade happened. I knew Brady  McD, Beane and Josh had a concrete plan for success 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

@Virgil

Waiting to see if good ole Virg chimes in wink, wink...😉

I'm going to try and put something out tomorrow.  It's been a crazy busy work day.  I haven't even been able to watch GMFB

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm going to try and put something out tomorrow.  It's been a crazy busy work day.  I haven't even been able to watch GMFB

You clearly need to take a sabbatical from this ‘work’ thing. It’s just getting in the way now! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Based on weeks 1-3, Brady seems to have developed a perfect offense for our QB and current cast of skill players.  So I'm feeling pretty good overall, but want to see how we look against some stiffer competition the next few weeks before drawing any firm conclusions.  There are many twists and turns over the course of 18 weeks.

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Based on weeks 1-3, Brady seems to have developed a perfect offense for our QB and current cast of skill players.  So I'm feeling pretty good overall, but want to see how we look against some stiffer competition the next few weeks before drawing any firm conclusions.  There are many twists and turns over the course of 18 weeks.

Just a random thought, but could we maybe petition Joe Brady to change his last name?

Every time I read something like  "Brady has done blah-blah for the Bills..."  I have a nearly overwhelming urge to strangle someone....

• Thank you (+1) 1

I just want to also remind everyone that we have a VERY vocal, high-and-mighty poster on this board who assured us that Josh Allen is not and can’t be a “distribute the ball” passer.

So we are doomed.