Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Going to the game Sunday night.  My be the only one I get to this season.

It better not rain..  Dammit..  I went last year and it rained.  

Ravens Center, 2 other OLINE did not practice today.  Might be catching them at the right time.

With their previous DC the head coach of Seatlle now, this Baltimore Defense just doesn't feel the same.  Run away from R Smith.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, wjag said:

Going to the game Sunday night.  My be the only one I get to this season.

It better not rain..  Dammit..  I went last year and it rained.  

Ravens Center, 2 other OLINE did not practice today.  Might be catching them at the right time.

With their previous DC the head coach of Seatlle now, this Baltimore Defense just doesn't feel the same.  Run away from R Smith.

Seems it always rains there.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen statement game. 

2 time MVP was a shot at the press, well he's a two time MVP and I'm not so they must be better than us quietly passive aggressive dog. Well done 

Josh is taking no prisoners this year.  There is no one on the team second guessing coaching, or adding that negative energy.  The rest of this team will feed off Josh. 

Looking forward to what they put out there Sunday. I'm expecting us to all be quite happy come 11 pm Sunday.  Get your wives ready, rock their world Sunday night gentleman 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Josh Allen statement game. 

2 time MVP was a shot at the press, well he's a two time MVP and I'm not so they must be better than us quietly passive aggressive dog. Well done 

Josh is taking no prisoners this year.  There is no one on the team second guessing coaching, or adding that negative energy.  The rest of this team will feed off Josh. 

Looking forward to what they put out there Sunday. I'm expecting us to all be quite happy come 11 pm Sunday.  Get your wives ready, rock their world Sunday night gentleman 

Sometimes we take care of business at halftime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I want to be on record that I think Dorian Williams will be most important defender against Ravens. The speed of Lamar will be the biggest challenge for this defense and I am quite sure he is the fastest guy on our front seven. He can't get burned too badly by Lamar and have us win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Despite the Ravens' record, this will be our first real test against a team we know is good. I won't say our first three games were powder puffs but they felt easy.

What's scary in a good way is that we haven't really played our best football yet. Josh has yet to synch up consistently with the WRs.

Our first three games except Arizona were effectively over at the half. We only needed a solid second half to put the Cardinals away. 

While the Ravens don't look as dominant as last year, I think we'll need a full four quarters to beat them.

We now have a strong running game and a respectable pass rush. We haven't had to put it all together in one game yet. This could be the week we hit on all cylinders.

If we do, we will be the best team in the league for as long as we can sustain it. 

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

On one hand, you don't necessarily want to make a change for the sake of making a change, given how good this Defense is playing (Bernard/Johnson aside once they're ready to come back).. but on the other hand, Cole Bishop seems designed in a lab to play against a team like Baltimore with Lamar's running ability and Andrews/Likely at Tight End. 

Agreed. Our safeties have been okay, but not really tested in any way. I would love to see Bishop out there either for Rapp or Hamlin. He offers much more big play ability. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I want to be on record that I think Dorian Williams will be most important defender against Ravens. The speed of Lamar will be the biggest challenge for this defense and I am quite sure he is the fastest guy on our front seven. He can't get burned too badly by Lamar and have us win. 

I see Henry and Likely as threats.  McD seems to know how to deal with Lamar.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I see Henry and Likely as threats.  McD seems to know how to deal with Lamar.

Henry is the problem.  He makes Lamar and every receiver more available to a big play.

I know our CBs have been pretty good, if not great at locking them down, but we have been middle of the pack vs the run this year.  With our starting LBs and NCB out still, we are asking a lot from Ingram, Williams and Spector.  

This is the type of thing that Babich and McD have probably been talking about since the postgame locker room speech.   McD has had Lamar contained most of the time we have played him but he's never had to deal with a RB like Henry and a QB like Lamar when it comes to the run (unless you count when he was the DC with Cam and Stewart).

Edited by The Wiz

12 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

If we go 2-1 in the next 3 that's a huge win IMO. 5-1 coming home against the Titans will be huge.

We’re going to be 6-0.

Josh and the team is going to be FIRED UP like no other against Diggs. It’s obvious they were sick of him 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

That's going to be a tough challenge for a Bills team that has embraced the run this season, running at a top five rate amongst all teams.

This is a person that hasn't watched a single snap of our team. They probably haven't even looked at the box score. Four entire quarters this year, literally 1/3 of our total game time, we have not actively been trying to score points. Gee I wonder why we've been running the ball so frequently? This is like people who throw out that stat that teams who have more rush attempts tend to win more often. They have the correlation backwards.

The Bills haven't embraced any particular style of offense. The Dolphins are weak up front so we went with a run heavy game plan. The Jags have a poor pass defense so we passed on 75% of plays in the 1st half when the game wasn't over yet. The only thing Joe Brady has embraced is high percentage plays and gameplanning for the specific opponent.

Blows my mind that people like this get paid to write this stuff. You'll find better analysis from any random poster on this board, for free.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4

I'm waiting on this game to determine whether or not these Bills are actually different.

We've seen the Bills kick ass through September nearly every year since 2020, often with blowout wins against inferior opponents. Thankfully, this game is still in September, so maybe we'll have just enough juice to make it 4-0.

But the Ravens run the ball extremely well while not allowing anyone to run against them. Unless we can somehow be the first team to rush the ball successfully, it'll require Josh heroics again.

The biggest difference to this year's start is the lack of turnovers committed by our offense. If that continues in Baltimore, we should win. If the INTs start showing up, it'll feel like the same ol' Bills. Problem is that even if we win, people will get louder with the "they haven't played any good teams!" narrative.

Baltimore will drop to 1-3, which makes them look like a "bad" team. Then we have to go on the road to face Diggs & Co... As much as people will want to downplay that game, it's going to get a LOT of coverage. There will be a lot of "told ya so's" going on depending on who wins.

I really need to see the Bills come away 2-1 to think this season is truly going to be special. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOOTBALL DEITIES, BLESS US IN OUR COMING GAMES!