Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

8 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Undersized second string linebackers facing a stiff test on a Sunday night roadie … anticipating our toughest test thus far.  Cautiously optimistic. 

Second string LBs are bigger than the starters and are playing well in run support. Etienne had me worried prior to the game, but LBs held their own 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

I do think this is the week where the Bills injuries catch up to them. You're asking Baylon Spector, Dorian Williams and Cam Lewis with the slowest set of safeties in the NFL to contain Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, Isiah Likely and Derrick Henry? Nah man that ain't it.  Not even McDermott witchcraft is going to have consistent success here.

For the Bills to win this way, I think they need to goto a grind offense to protect their defense, and then defensively just be opportunistic, and hold them to FGs in the Red Zone.  If they Bills want to have a truly good game defensively then Ed Oliver, AJE, DJ, Austin Johnson, and Groot are going to have to have elite games on 1st and 2nd down, so they can unleash Von on 3rd and long.  

Offensively Spencer Brown is gonna have his biggest challenge yet with Odafe Oweh who looks like he's taken the leap. This is a DE with legit 4.3 40 speed who's currently got an 84.8 grade on PFF.  If Brown can handle him on his own that's gonna be huge - but good chance he's gonna need help

• Dislike 2

Lamar will want to show the world on Primetime that he deserved the MVP and should be considered QB2 and not Allen. I'm sure he's heard all about his  pedestrian MVP numbers. 

Desperation can be over rated form of motivation at times like we saw Monday.  Ravens are a much better team than Jax.

• Simon pinned this topic
5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Lamar will want to show the world on Primetime that he deserved the MVP and should be considered QB2 and not Allen. I'm sure he's heard all about his  pedestrian MVP numbers. 

Desperation can be over rated form of motivation at times like we saw Monday.  Ravens are a much better team than Jax.

Jackson isn't that guy and wired to want to prove it like that. he always carries that chip and isn't capable of getting up or down. he's flat and consistent but an excellent football player who plays QB well.

Josh, on the other hand, can light the world on fire when dialed in to elevate the entire team.

Edited by boyst

16 hours ago, eball said:

This game is all about stopping Henry.  Bills have a huge advantage on both the OL and DL.  I don't see the Ravens stopping our offense, so the key is keeping Henry from opening up everything else for them.

Right now the forecast looks beautiful.

I think they need to scrap the full time nickel for this game and play a 3rd LB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

not sure how cole bishop is progressing but his size and speed would come in handy

On one hand, you don't necessarily want to make a change for the sake of making a change, given how good this Defense is playing (Bernard/Johnson aside once they're ready to come back).. but on the other hand, Cole Bishop seems designed in a lab to play against a team like Baltimore with Lamar's running ability and Andrews/Likely at Tight End. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Sweats said:

The Jags don't have nearly the talent as years past, however, the Ravens "can" be dangerous if they finally figure out how to put it all together and King Henry always seems to have good games against us........the Jags aren't scaring anyone this year.

Not really, Henry has had one really good game against us. Every other time we held him to around 60 yards. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/derrick-henry-career-stats-vs-buffalo-bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

In a perfect scenario the Bills win their next 3. However, IMO the order of importance for winning the division and playoff seeding would be the following:

1. NYJ beat the Jets allows us to go up 2-0 in the division improving our chances of winning the AFCE again. NYJ have an easy schedule.

2. Houston their division is garbage and beating them improves the Bills having a higher seed come playoffs as we’d have the head to head tie breaker if it came to that.

3. Baltimore yes I want to beat the Ravens. However the Ravens division should be competitive and I expect them to lose some more. But a loss wouldn’t necessarily impact playoff seeding. 

If the Bills could somehow manage to go 3-0 and stay healthy…..lord have mercy.

They can’t go 0-3 which would be a major gut punch!

• Like (+1) 3

Just saw the stat from Sal C that the Ravens have given up 16 pass plays of 20+ yards this season: MOST in the NFL.

Plays will be there for the taking in the passing game. If the OL continues to keep Josh upright and comfortable, I like the Bills' chances of putting up a lot of points on Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, appoo said:

I do think this is the week where the Bills injuries catch up to them. You're asking Baylon Spector, Dorian Williams and Cam Lewis with the slowest set of safeties in the NFL to contain Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, Isiah Likely and Derrick Henry? Nah man that ain't it.  Not even McDermott witchcraft is going to have consistent success here.

For the Bills to win this way, I think they need to goto a grind offense to protect their defense, and then defensively just be opportunistic, and hold them to FGs in the Red Zone.  If they Bills want to have a truly good game defensively then Ed Oliver, AJE, DJ, Austin Johnson, and Groot are going to have to have elite games on 1st and 2nd down, so they can unleash Von on 3rd and long.  

Offensively Spencer Brown is gonna have his biggest challenge yet with Odafe Oweh who looks like he's taken the leap. This is a DE with legit 4.3 40 speed who's currently got an 84.8 grade on PFF.  If Brown can handle him on his own that's gonna be huge - but good chance he's gonna need help

we have the best QB playing at a very high level. Why the hell would we go to a grind offense? How about we score a lot to protect the defense?

• Like (+1) 1