Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Lose and the Bills only beat bad teams

Win and the Ravens are just a bad team.

I can't wait for this game!

In all honestly, how good are the teams we have beaten? Dolfish and jags are terrible.  Cards seems decent? 

42 minutes ago, balln said:

Yes I know McD wants to let teams run and not get beat deep. This is the game to flip game plan. Stop the run. Bracket flowers. Live and die w your secondary. I want Allen and the O to have as many possessions as possible 

Interesting Coaching by you. And I might say to start the first half that way :)

But Babich need to be ready to adjust to Harbaugh quickly after that

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

not in the last game under the lights.

Titans fans and fantasy football owners alike could only watch in dismay as the Bills limited running back Derrick Henry to one of his worst rushing performances of his NFL career on "Monday Night Football."

Buffalo did not shrink from the primetime stage, winning 41-7 and limiting Henry (who did not play in the fourth quarter) to 25 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries (a 1.92 yard-per-carry average). Those represent the 14th-fewest and sixth-lowest totals of his career, respectively.

Thank you

as some have clarified Henry vs Bills

But i still stand firmly in that Bills need to take care of Henry and Lamar.

Do it up front if possible

D Jones and Ed Oliver

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

We have not gone against a brutal downhill runner as Henry. Since we played against .....Henry.

It was mentioned about LBs not being so valuable as the edge players in another thread. I call BS ( 😇 )

This will be the 1st real test against the run game. Derrick and Lamar. Two hugely different weapons

Bills have to get a LB in front of that dude with a Safety hovering just above for the broken tackle.

And still spy Lamar

Big game, HUGE.

When I was watching the Baltimore/ Dallas game I saw how the dynamic between Henry/Jackson is so deadly. 

Especially on those read option plays they do. Dallas would key on Lamar only for it to switch at the last second and get steamrolled by Henry. Likewise, they would bow up to stop Henry and have a Corvette slip past them. Gonna be tough to defend.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

When I was watching the Baltimore/ Dallas game I saw how the dynamic between Henry/Jackson is so deadly. 

Especially on those read option plays they do. Dallas would key on Lamar only for it to switch at the last second and get steamrolled by Henry. Likewise, they would bow up to stop Henry and have a Corvette slip past them. Gonna be tough to defend.

Glad to read your insight BillyG

I hope the Ravens try to pass 

lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Malazan said:

People vastly underappreciate Collinsworth. The dude manages to talk constantly through entire games with Mahomes balls in his mouth. That's pretty impressive.

Has the sorest throat in all of show bizz

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The key is to keep the Ravens behind the sticks and/or behind on the scoreboard.  In the Chiefs game, Baltimore had one good drive when they featured Henry, but the rest of the time, he was barely involved because they were (1) not gaining any yards on first down, and then (2) behind by multiple scores.  Henry comes off the field on passing downs...He was effective against Dallas because the Ravens led the whole game (and because Dallas's run defense stinks).      

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

The key is to keep the Ravens behind the sticks and/or behind on the scoreboard.  In the Chiefs game, Baltimore had one good drive when they featured Henry, but the rest of the time, he was barely involved because they were (1) not gaining any yards on first down, and then (2) behind by multiple scores.  Henry comes off the field on passing downs...He was effective against Dallas because the Ravens led the whole game (and because Dallas's run defense stinks).      

I hope it plays out that way. Jump ahead early, and force Lamar to pass. If it does, we win big.

6 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I hope it plays out that way. Jump ahead early, and force Lamar to pass. If it does, we win big.

That's why the Bills have been successful vs. the Ravens recently...they've taken the lead early and kept the Ravens behind the sticks.  Lamar is not effective when the Ravens are forced to abandon the run.

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

People vastly underappreciate Collinsworth. The dude manages to talk constantly through entire games with Mahomes balls in his mouth. That's pretty impressive.

The word “blowhard” was invented to describe someone like CC. He would be tolerable if he stopped acting like every play, player, game was a superlative of the highest order. Players just doing their jobs bro…

3 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I actually remember the game that the Titans won over the Bills a few years ago (when he went off) them saying Henry has been bad against the Bills. In that game he had 143 yards and 3 TDs. All the other 4 games: 216 yards, 4 TDs 3.43 yards per attempt. 

It really comes down to Henry has one big run against the Bills and really hasn't been great except that run (and Poyer did the same thing that play that he did against James Cook in week 2... .he ran up and got beat and couldn't catch Henry)

That run had a big hold in the secondary too. I can’t remember if it was Hyde or Poyer that got yanked out of his path.

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

In all honestly, how good are the teams we have beaten? Dolfish and jags are terrible.  Cards seems decent? 

Probably not very good.  We are always Dolphins daddy and they have been figured out.  Jags have lost 8 in a row with Lawrence now. Tough to say about the Cards. Tougher teams ahead for sure. To me, it doesn't matter.  We didn't just beat the Jags and Dolphins.  We destroyed them and they weren't even trying to run up the score.  Not much more you can do than that.

1 hour ago, The Helmet of said:

The word “blowhard” was invented to describe someone like CC. He would be tolerable if he stopped acting like every play, player, game was a superlative of the highest order. Players just doing their jobs bro…

Typical low IQ narcissist. 

If not for football he’d be a smarmy used car dealer.