Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh God.  He made a lot of clutch catches over the years.  We don't have to diminish his contributions because we don't like how he exited.  

He did make a lot of clutch catches; agreed. Diggs' contributions aren't being diminished; his negligence is merely being revisited while watching past performances, such as the replay of the Bills/Ravens from 2022. I forgot about how wide open Diggs was and how perfect the pass from Josh was that it was dumbfounding that Diggs would not catch it in the end zone. If Shakir winds up being Diggs' replacement, then I think we'll see more of the clutch catches and less of the disappointing drops. Besides, any animosity directed towards Diggs was brought on by himself.

• Agree 1

Shakir should be getting a lot more hype.

He has the potential to have Wes Welker level of success with Josh. Great hands, quick/ plays fast, tough as nails, reliable all over the field— especially over the middle.

Let’s hope Shakir’s upward trajectory continues to stardom.

Edited by The Helmet of
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Our interior D line is going to have to win up front, if the Bills are gonna have any chance…

If our guys are getting blown off the ball, Baltimore will have its way with us…

No one is blowing DaQuan off the ball.  Fred Smoot will move inside.  Baltimores interior OLine is banged up 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

No one is blowing DaQuan off the ball.  Fred Smoot will move inside.  Baltimores interior OLine is banged up 

I don't know about Fred Smoot (who is retired), but Dawuane Smoot is listed at 249. Not sure he'd hold up very well inside. 

Am I the only one who would be happy to have Linval Joseph still with the team? We have penetrators, but I'd like to see a few more brick walls. 

It’s pretty simple, if our D line is dominant against a banged up Ravens O-line, we win handily. If they aren’t, it’s going to be a close one.  Ed needs to have a disruptive game in the backfield, the ends need to contain Lamar, and DaQuon needs to do his usual double team absorption so our LBs can shoot the gaps and hit Henry before he gets going. 

26 minutes ago, finn said:

I don't know about Fred Smoot (who is retired), but Dawuane Smoot is listed at 249. Not sure he'd hold up very well inside. 

Am I the only one who would be happy to have Linval Joseph still with the team? We have penetrators, but I'd like to see a few more brick walls. 

Austin Johnson is a bigger body DT.

• Like (+1) 1

Ravens may need to shuffle on the OL today. Their LG is expected to be out today.  Their C and RT are banged up. And with the way our DL has been playing, this could be an enormous benefit for the Bills.

They will also be without NT Michael Pierce, who is a strong force up the middle for them. They really don't have another strong NT behind him. Big boost for the Bills run game.

I think the key matchup for the day will be Shakir.   Shakir has been phenomenal when targeted and the Ravens and Hamilton have been very weak so far this year with the intermediate passing game.

Buffalo by design is an “everyone eats” sort of an offense but I do believe the rate of the equal distribution we have seen is somewhat unsustainable and I believe we will begin to see some receivers begin to emerge and breakout from what we’ve seen so far.

Today’s game most likely will see the most competitive game yet for the Bills and I like Shakir’s matchup and I think you could see a 7+ reception game from him today.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Am I the only one who would be happy to have Linval Joseph still with the team?

Probably.  The Bills interior line starters and depth are as good as they have been in some time.

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, eball said:

Probably.  The Bills interior line starters and depth are as good as they have been in some time.

The departure and return of Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson was an interesting "evolution" on the Bills roster. Both players were generally well-liked and legit NFL talents but I agree that both at DT and DE, the Bills are much stronger now.

7 hours ago, finn said:

Lol my bad.  Dawuane Smoot played 18 snaps inside last week.  I predict a great game by Smoot tonight 

• Like (+1) 1