Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, finn said:

So is Mahomes. Facts say Allen is the better quarterback. 

In the other thread I said Allen was the better QB but Mahomes was the more accomplished QB. Allen has been the better QB since the start of last year

But I'll triple down on Tucker. Last year a FGs within 30 yards had a 99% chance of accuracy. Simply not including the gimme FGs Tucker was 22 of 27. Bass was 20 of 25. This year Tucker is 4 of 7 and Bass is 4 of 5. So Tucker the last 2 years not kicking a 29 or less FG: Tucker-26 of 34: 76.5% Bass - 24 of 30: 80%

That's not even saying Bass is good. That's just proving that Tucker isn't good anymore

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

In the other thread I said Allen was the better QB but Mahomes was the more accomplished QB. Allen has been the better QB since the start of last year

But I'll triple down on Tucker. Last year a FGs within 30 yards had a 99% chance of accuracy. Simply not including the gimme FGs Tucker was 22 of 27. Bass was 20 of 25. This year Tucker is 4 of 7 and Bass is 4 of 5. So Tucker the last 2 years not kicking a 29 or less FG: Tucker-26 of 34: 76.5% Bass - 24 of 30: 80%

That's not even saying Bass is good. That's just proving that Tucker isn't good anymore

We should trade a 1st round pick for Tucker 😃

Thoughts on the eve before battle…

This game is good on good. And even great on great.

I get the sense that Allen is reaching that top-most-tier “knows how to win”  all-time-great level of QB play. 

I don’t want to compare 17 to Lamar now since they aren’t competing against each other in week 4. That’s more of a legacy question 

Buffalo D line needs to freak out on Lamar and King Henry, which has potential to be a real two-headed monster.

Crowd should be a factor. A black out? It’s gonna be raucous.

Will Allen need to go into “hero mode” to pull this more out?

Big time matchup…

8 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Thoughts on the eve before battle…

This game is good on good. And even great on great.

I get the sense that Allen is reaching that top-most-tier “knows how to win”  all-time-great level of QB play. 

I don’t want to compare 17 to Lamar now since they aren’t competing against each other in week 4. That’s more of a legacy question 

Buffalo D line needs to freak out on Lamar and King Henry, which has potential to be a real two-headed monster.

Crowd should be a factor. A black out? It’s gonna be raucous.

Will Allen need to go into “hero mode” to pull this more out?

Big time matchup…

ITA on all these takes.

I am giving the edge to the Ravens because I feel like their defense is a little better than ours, and I feel like The Ravens are going to run right through us. Josh is most likely going to be our hope, if he goes god mode. This game might come down to who has the ball last.

I am still very salty that the NFL gave us three really tough road games in a row 🤬

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

2022 Bills at Ravens is on NFLN now.

Just started watching it and got to witness this classic miss in the end zone by our favorite WR.  

image.png.14d2bddb763d1d83e98ab58e94732cf6.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned if at all, is that though the Bills have generally defensed Lamar and DH pretty well, this will be the first time they've been on the same team.

"Henry is fifth in the league so far this season with 281 rushing yards and Jackson is eighth with 254 rushing yards. They’re the first pair of teammates both to have at least 250 rushing yards in their team’s first three games of a season since 1976, when the Rams’ John Cappelletti had 315 yards and Lawrence McCutcheon had 298."

So this is uncharted territory. I'm still confident for the win but I doubt it will be easy.

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

The Picker!

His career took a nosedive when they outlawed Stickum.

• Agree 1

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned if at all, is that though the Bills have generally defensed Lamar and DH pretty well, this will be the first time they've been on the same team.

"Henry is fifth in the league so far this season with 281 rushing yards and Jackson is eighth with 254 rushing yards. They’re the first pair of teammates both to have at least 250 rushing yards in their team’s first three games of a season since 1976, when the Rams’ John Cappelletti had 315 yards and Lawrence McCutcheon had 298."

So this is uncharted territory. I'm still confident for the win but I doubt it will be easy.

His career took a nosedive when they outlawed Stickum.

Its going to be a challenge for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Just started watching it and got to witness this classic miss in the end zone by our favorite WR.  

image.png.14d2bddb763d1d83e98ab58e94732cf6.png

Oh God.  He made a lot of clutch catches over the years.  We don't have to diminish his contributions because we don't like how he exited.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 3

On 9/26/2024 at 6:36 PM, Success said:

This really is shaping up to be the "prove it" game.  Watching all of the talking heads this week - they're impressed, but we haven't "played anyone yet."

Though, if we beat the Ravens, they'll be 1-3 and everyone will move onto "we overrated them," and we still will not have played anyone.

The talking heads are starting to buy in, and jump on our band wagon. If we lose, they will jump off just as quickly. WHEN we win, and prove we are who I think we are, their narratives about the Ravens will be moot.