Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

My Lord wait till next week, every show will devote 7 hours a day to the Bills Diggs reunion

I know... lazy media just grabbing the only story they know coming out of Buffalo.

Maybe a good thing to keep that focus off the SB pressures for this club.

It is like that narrative of all the players we parted with in the offseaon when most spent their time on IR and were not a big part of the success we were having prior.

Good luck to them but the team needed to move on with players that could see the field more (you hope).

21 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

My Lord wait till next week, every show will devote 7 hours a day to the Bills Diggs reunion

And then the next week against the NYets.  Game of the week, week and week.  

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

I miss the days of the 1pm Sunday game, my body clock schedule is a mess with the Thur , Monday Sun nite crap

17 minutes ago, wjag said:

Dont sleep of Broncos upset watch for the Jets

27 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

I miss the days of the 1pm Sunday game, my body clock schedule is a mess with the Thur , Monday Sun nite crap

Truth.

For my wife who does not understand the game at all she treats every game like an excuse for heading to our local Bills Backer bar for a social event.

Even asks at the end if we won or lost... no clue.

But we both work and all these prime time games kind of mess that schedule up that we older fans need for recovery from socializing.

We have spent a bit more time watching from home during the Allen era. The price I gladly pay for my Bills being relevant again.

• Like (+1) 2

This game kind of feels like a no win type situation for the Bills in terms of "proving" anything this week.  What I mean is all the people saying this is a tough game now are going to change their tune if the Bills win in decisive fashion again and point to the Ravens then 1-3 record and say well they just must not be any good (like they did after we smashed Miami and Jags) rather than look at the Bills as proving they are this good.

At the same time, if we lose a tough road game on a short week while missing 3 of our best defensive players I am sure there will be a crowd that says points and says the Bills were a product of their schedule and not that good after all.  

And we already know what this board will be like if heaven forbid we lose a game in general.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This game kind of feels like a no win type situation for the Bills in terms of "proving" anything this week.  What I mean is all the people saying this is a tough game now are going to change their tune if the Bills win in decisive fashion again and point to the Ravens then 1-3 record and say well they just must not be any good (like they did after we smashed Miami and Jags) rather than look at the Bills as proving they are this good.

At the same time, if we lose a tough road game on a short week while missing 3 of our best defensive players I am sure there will be a crowd that says points and says the Bills were a product of their schedule and not that good after all.  

And we already know what this board will be like if heaven forbid we lose a game in general.  

Honestly none of that matters, I mean literally who cares what the media says.

This would be a HUGE win, on the road against last year's #1 AFC seed.  Ravens are a couple plays from being undefeated as well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, balln said:

I don’t think you can leave Hamlin in the middle of the field alone. Hes too slow and too slow to react.  Rasuul is awesome but does not have the foot speed either. 

Couple reasons why i expect it to work. First he handled the dolphins receivers fine enough that I think we can he be deep middle. I really only fear him against one of their WR which brings me to. Second the ravens are not driving the ball down field so I don’t expect him to be tested. If they choose to try and push the ball I expect it to go poorly considering their OL issues (this is why they are not pushing the ball deep) going against the best DL they have seen. 

under the lights. the bills are going to shine. under the lights

Top 5 storylines to follow for Bills at Ravens | Sunday Night Football

x0xzcod9cclhzh2eoh7n.png

1. Josh Allen is 6-1 on SNF

QB Josh Allen shines on Sunday Night Football. Allen is 6-1 on SNF since coming into the league.

Allen has thrown for 1,696 passing yards and 13 passing touchdowns on Sunday night. The QB also averages 2.3 total touchdowns per game when he plays on SNF.

Buffalo's last game on Sunday night happened last season in Week 18 with the AFC East title on the line.

The Bills beat Miami 21-14 that night. Allen threw for 359 passing yards and two passing touchdowns. He averaged 9.4 yards per pass attempt, completed 78.9% of his passes and finished with a 101.6 passer rating.

In Week 4, the Bills offense will be tasked with a defense who has been great in one area and not so great in another. The Ravens have the best run defense through three games as they allow an average of 50 rushing yards per game (2.8 rushing yards per attempt).

When it comes to defending the pass, Baltimore has struggled. They're allowing an average of 291.7 passing yards per game, which is the most in the NFL.

2 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Bass better than Tucker?

that’s a bold call there, Cotton. 

3 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Bass: 5/6 XP: 13/14

Tucker: 5/8 XP: 8/8

Bass and Tucker both have missed a 40+ and Tucker is 0/2 on 50 yarders this year. He is 1 for 7 on 50 yard FGs. 

It's not. Facts don't lie. Tucker is a name. 

31 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Honestly none of that matters, I mean literally who cares what the media says.

This would be a HUGE win, on the road against last year's #1 AFC seed.  Ravens are a couple plays from being undefeated as well.

Dont get me wrong, I could personally care less.  I am just more talking about all this focus leading up to this game and how this is a big test for the Bills and how the media, and even the pessimistic crowd around here, always change that narrative after the games.  Just like how a lot of people picked us to lose to Miami week 2 and then after we embarrassed them its now that the Dolphins just suck even though they have since had to play without Tua.  Jags too...heading into the season and even that game it was all about the Jags being dangerous needing the win, how they have our number, etc.  Then we blow them out and its well they just suck.  

So I don't think it will be any different if we decisively beat the Ravens is all with people citing their 1-3 record.  And again, none of this is important by any means, just more of an observation.  

But mark my words...this board will be insufferable this week if we lose.  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dont get me wrong, I could personally care less.  I am just more talking about all this focus leading up to this game and how this is a big test for the Bills and how the media, and even the pessimistic crowd around here, always change that narrative after the games.  Just like how a lot of people picked us to lose to Miami week 2 and then after we embarrassed them its now that the Dolphins just suck even though they have since had to play without Tua.  Jags too...heading into the season and even that game it was all about the Jags being dangerous needing the win, how they have our number, etc.  Then we blow them out and its well they just suck.  

So I don't think it will be any different if we decisively beat the Ravens is all with people citing their 1-3 record.  And again, none of this is important by any means, just more of an observation.  

But mark my words...this board will be insufferable this week if we lose.  

Naw can't play perfect every week

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hear ya, but those scenarios play out every single week. 

• Agree 1