Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Just now, Doc Brown said:

So were the Jags.  It's going to come down to execution and coaching like always.

The Jags don't have nearly the talent as years past, however, the Ravens "can" be dangerous if they finally figure out how to put it all together and King Henry always seems to have good games against us........the Jags aren't scaring anyone this year.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The Jags don't have nearly the talent as years past, however, the Ravens "can" be dangerous if they finally figure out how to put it all together and King Henry always seems to have good games against us........the Jags aren't scaring anyone this year.

Last time the Bills played King Henry...

Buffalo did not shrink from the primetime stage, winning 41-7 and limiting Henry (who did not play in the fourth quarter) to 25 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries (a 1.92 yard-per-carry average). Those represent the 14th-fewest and sixth-lowest totals of his career, respectively.

You'd have to go back to the 2018 and 2019 seasons, respectively, to see lower rushing totals from Henry: The last time he ran for fewer yards was on Oct. 14, 2018, when he rushed 21 yards off seven carries (3.0 ypc) in a 21-0 loss to the Ravens. The last time he averaged fewer yards per carry was Oct. 13, 2019, when he averaged 1.87 ypc in a 16-0 loss to the Broncos.

• Like (+1) 1

Game should be a dog fight. Ravens are a physical team. Bills getting up early forcing Balt to throw greatly reduces their strength and physicality in the running game. 

If Buffalo can continue to execute and protect the football, I like our chances. Bills putting Baltimore in a 1-3 hole to start the season would be awesome! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Three tough road games back to back, all AFC teams. Important games as far as seeding goes. The Ravens are going to try to run on us and they have a dual threat there with Lamar able to keep it himself and run. Thing is, we have a QB that can do that too and who also is playing like the best player in the league. The Ravens defense is very exploitable while ours has miraculously managed to keep opposing offenses in check.

I think the only path for the Ravens to win is to have a dominating run game that eats clock and keeps our offense off the field. Even then, it's going to be hard to hold back an offense that is running on all cylinders with Josh playing the way he is. If the Bills jump out to an early lead, forget about it.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I actually remember the game that the Titans won over the Bills a few years ago (when he went off) them saying Henry has been bad against the Bills. In that game he had 143 yards and 3 TDs. All the other 4 games: 216 yards, 4 TDs 3.43 yards per attempt. 

It really comes down to Henry has one big run against the Bills and really hasn't been great except that run (and Poyer did the same thing that play that he did against James Cook in week 2... .he ran up and got beat and couldn't catch Henry)

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

If the Bills win they will automatically give the mvp to lamar

Fixed it for you 🤪

Interesting wrinkle for game prep. Going into Week 4 the Ravens somehow have both the best Rushing defense in the league (50 YPG) and the worst passing defense (292 YPG)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Three tough road games back to back, all AFC teams. Important games as far as seeding goes. The Ravens are going to try to run on us and they have a dual threat there with Lamar able to keep it himself and run. Thing is, we have a QB that can do that too and who also is playing like the best player in the league. The Ravens defense is very exploitable while ours has miraculously managed to keep opposing offenses in check.

I think the only path for the Ravens to win is to have a dominating run game that eats clock and keeps our offense off the field. Even then, it's going to be hard to hold back an offense that is running on all cylinders with Josh playing the way he is. If the Bills jump out to an early lead, forget about it.

Yes I know McD wants to let teams run and not get beat deep. This is the game to flip game plan. Stop the run. Bracket flowers. Live and die w your secondary. I want Allen and the O to have as many possessions as possible 

The Yankees are 1 win away from the american league east and the 1 seed, Baltimore is in the bronx for three final nights.  

So it's a big week for me to dislike the city of Baltimore.

So here is to the Yankees beating the Orioles this week and the Bills beating the Ravens sunday night.  

Big New York vs Baltimore week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

We all know the way to beat Lamar led offense

stop the run. Rush is muted : keep HIM in the pocket - make him throw outside 

game set match

my only worry is King Henry has killed us in the past. Keep him in check and spy Lemur should hold them to under 20. 

Their D hasn't figured themselves out yet so we should be good for at least 24-27 pts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gonna be a tough game. Gotta play a clean game penalty wise. 

We have not gone against a brutal downhill runner as Henry. Since we played against .....Henry.

It was mentioned about LBs not being so valuable as the edge players in another thread. I call BS ( 😇 )

This will be the 1st real test against the run game. Derrick and Lamar. Two hugely different weapons

Bills have to get a LB in front of that dude with a Safety hovering just above for the broken tackle.

And still spy Lamar

Big game, HUGE.

17 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

my only worry is King Henry has killed us in the past. Keep him in check and spy Lemur should hold them to under 20. 

Their D hasn't figured themselves out yet so we should be good for at least 24-27 pts.

not in the last game under the lights.

Titans fans and fantasy football owners alike could only watch in dismay as the Bills limited running back Derrick Henry to one of his worst rushing performances of his NFL career on "Monday Night Football."

Buffalo did not shrink from the primetime stage, winning 41-7 and limiting Henry (who did not play in the fourth quarter) to 25 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries (a 1.92 yard-per-carry average). Those represent the 14th-fewest and sixth-lowest totals of his career, respectively.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

This game is all about stopping Henry.  Bills have a huge advantage on both the OL and DL.  I don't see the Ravens stopping our offense, so the key is keeping Henry from opening up everything else for them.

Right now the forecast looks beautiful.

And Lamar on the outside.

Two headed running game and TE or two are my worry.

Josh and Brady will need to win this one possibly. and the D line

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So were the Jags.  It's going to come down to execution and coaching like always.

apples to oranges Doc. The Ravens are a REAL NFL caliber Team  lol

This is not a must win for Buffalo and I think that will work in our favor.  They will play loose and have fun out there.  I think the Bills will put up some points here, probably 27-30...  The question is can they stop Baltimore from outscoring them?  It is absolutely a must win for the Ravens and they will try to bully the Bills with their supposed physicality and game day histrionics over the Sound system (which can be annoying as hell as a visiting fan rooting against the Ravens).

But again, the Bills have been a solid road team in the Allen era and this will be a fun competitive game.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

not in the last game under the lights.

Titans fans and fantasy football owners alike could only watch in dismay as the Bills limited running back Derrick Henry to one of his worst rushing performances of his NFL career on "Monday Night Football."

I watched some of the Ravens last game. A few times Lamar would fake a handoff to Henry. The defense came crashing down to stop Henry but Lamar would keep it go untouched for 10yds.  It's a dangerous dual threat that the Titans didn't have. It's going to be a game of deception. Our defense will need to be sharp defending this running attack.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sleeby said:

Collinsworth.  Eff him.  He sucks at his job.  

People vastly underappreciate Collinsworth. The dude manages to talk constantly through entire games with Mahomes balls in his mouth. That's pretty impressive.

Edited by Malazan
  • Haha (+1) 1