Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

I truly appreciate this moment: we have one of the best teams in the league, and possibly the best;  we have one of the best QB's in the league, and possibly the best; and we have the best game of the weekend, on SNF.

We went to the fan version of hell and back since the Kelly years - but the payoff is good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Weather reports are looking better.  These all can change but looking more promising early.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baltimore/21202/evening-weather-forecast/348707?day=3  <--- Accuweather says a couple of showers in the evening - .1 inch expected right now.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Baltimore+MD?canonicalCityId=97ee60ad2fa1394922f97788b2d2dfe435f20295a5d38940a32e042a73f2d8c6 <-- Weather Channel is saying a few light rain showers.

https://foxbaltimore.com/weather/maps <--- Local Fox Affiliate only gives it a 30% chance of rain right now.

Would be nice if weather is zero to a minimal factor.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Ed Oliver has been invisible to my eye, and interior pressure on the QB has been a noticeable weakness.

Well, I don't have my pitchfork out. Just want to see more from him, that's all. He's getting paid a lot of money. Would you say you've noticed him making an impact outside of one big play against the Dolphins?

To each their own.  We’re 5th in the league in sacks.  Sacks aren’t just generated by one person making the sack.  Sacks are often a result of the entire defensive line keeping in their lanes and containing the QB in the pocket so one guy can reap the stat.  

Ed has not been a “noticeable weakness”.   That proclamation is noticeably weak 

• Agree 4

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

To each their own.  We’re 5th in the league in sacks.  Sacks aren’t just generated by one person making the sack.  Sacks are often a result of the entire defensive line keeping in their lanes and containing the QB in the pocket so one guy can reap the stat.  

Ed has not been a “noticeable weakness”.   That proclamation is noticeably weak 

Couldn't have said it any better....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/25/2024 at 10:34 AM, YattaOkasan said:

RAS says both our backups are bigger than the starters.  So as far as size only we should be ok.  However, I do worry about their processing.  Thankfully the thing they do best (though Dorian has continue to take a step in coverage) is come down hill against the run.

Derrick Henry I feel fine against.  We have answered that question before and it feels like penetration from the DL is critical (as you mention) to slow him down so the rest of the team can get him down. 

As for the slowest set of safeties they managed to limit the leagues fastest set of skill players in miami just fine.  I will acknowledge this is a slightly different problem because baltimore will happily stay with the run but it wont be "speed" that gets us.  I worry more about processing from the second level when its play action.  That said we sorta played a very similar offense (but with better outside weapons) week 1.  Conners and that run game is very efficient and Kyler is probably the closest to Lamar's skill set.  I think they are too good to be stopped but I think we have played a very similar offense.  

If you scrap nickel, it has to be morrow right?  Still need to cover either or andrews or likely in the middle.  I think we stay with Lewis.

Mark Andrews is shot. Likely is the one I am far more concerned about. He actually reminds me a ton of Kincaid 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles