Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

52 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Oh really?  How many DTs league wide are winning more and how many of them are getting double teamed more?

Sure, you do you.

Has anyone noticed that after these next three games, the Bills' schedule is flat out easy?  Of the final 11 games, only three (KC, Jets, Lions) look to be tough games.  SF (at home) could be tough but SF are not looking good and they are getting more banged up every week.  At Seahawks won't be easy, but that's not a great team, either, and I think the Bills match up well with them.  If we can go 2-1 the next three weeks, a 14-3 or 13-4 record is very much in play.     

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Has anyone noticed that after these next three games, the Bills' schedule is flat out easy?  Of the final 11 games, only three (KC, Jets, Lions) look to be tough games.  SF (at home) could be tough but SF are not looking good and they are getting more banged up every week.  At Seahawks won't be easy, but that's not a great team, either, and I think the Bills match up well with them.  If we can go 2-1 the next three weeks, a 14-3 or 13-4 record is very much in play.     

I wouldn't say all that....

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, f0neguy said:

In Ed’s defense, we have no idea what he’s supposed to be doing each play.  Are all four D-linemen rushing all out or does Ed maintain a spot protecting the middle of the field?  Considering the pressure our DL is applying as a group, I’d think they’re all doing their jobs.

Nah, man, some fans have been waiting to get the pitchforks back out with respect to Ed.  Let them have their fun.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

I definitely wouldn’t classify the upcoming stretch of Colts, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Lions as easy. I wouldn’t be shocked to drop any one of those games. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Ed Oliver has been a “noticeable weakness”?  Or he’s just been “invisible to your eye”?  Which is it, because they are 2 completely different things.  

Ed Oliver has been invisible to my eye, and interior pressure on the QB has been a noticeable weakness.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Nah, man, some fans have been waiting to get the pitchforks back out with respect to Ed.  Let them have their fun.

Well, I don't have my pitchfork out. Just want to see more from him, that's all. He's getting paid a lot of money. Would you say you've noticed him making an impact outside of one big play against the Dolphins?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well, I don't have my pitchfork out. Just want to see more from him, that's all. Would you say you've noticed him making an impact outside of one big play against the Dolphins?

What I’ve noticed — without re-watching games and having been at two of them live — is that the DL is balling out and wreaking havoc, both in the run game and getting pressure.  Ed is a big part of that given his snap count (67%).

Edited by eball
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Y’all need to watch the clip above about .. Gap integrity.   

If I were to hazard a guess, I’d say Ed has been maintaining his gaps, closing running/passing lanes and not being asked to  get after the QB and make all the stat inducing plays.  Those game plans and results may come.   

• Thank you (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ed Oliver has been invisible to my eye, and interior pressure on the QB has been a noticeable weakness.

Well, I don't have my pitchfork out. Just want to see more from him, that's all. He's getting paid a lot of money. Would you say you've noticed him making an impact outside of one big play against the Dolphins?

I agree he has been slow getting to the QB thus far.

But I have definitely seen him making an impact against the run game, whether it's making solo tackles or just beating a Guard to blow up a run play.

• Like (+1) 2

I will say that the run defense (to my admittedly untrained eye) has not been that great. The defense is allowing almost 4.7 yards per carry, which is 22nd in the league. In all three games, RBs have had some success running the ball against us -- even against the Jags Etienne picked up over 6 yards per carry. The good news is that the Bills offense has been so dominant that the opponents had to abandon the run early.

One interesting thing to observe is that while the Ravens' run DEFENSE is tops in the league, their run OFFENSE has also been tops in the league averaging over 5.8 yards per carry. I am sure much of that can be attributed to Lamar's own rushing abilities.

You can bet that the Ravens are going to stay committed to the run, and if the Bills' own run game is stifled Josh may have to put the team on his back and win via the passing game. I have faith in the team, but this is not a great match-up for them. Bottom line, this will be a great test for the Bills.

8 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I will say that the run defense (to my admittedly untrained eye) has not been that great. The defense is allowing almost 4.7 yards per carry, which is 22nd in the league. In all three games, RBs have had some success running the ball against us -- even against the Jags Etienne picked up over 6 yards per carry. The good news is that the Bills offense has been so dominant that the opponents had to abandon the run early.

One interesting thing to observe is that while the Ravens' run DEFENSE is tops in the league, their run OFFENSE has also been tops in the league averaging over 5.8 yards per carry. I am sure much of that can be attributed to Lamar's own rushing abilities.

You can bet that the Ravens are going to stay committed to the run, and if the Bills' own run game is stifled Josh may have to put the team on his back and win via the passing game. I have faith in the team, but this is not a great match-up for them. Bottom line, this will be a great test for the Bills.

I expect the Bills to come out throwing against the Ratbirds.  Their defense is giving up the most big plays in the passing game.  As far as the Bills run D, 4.7 ypc allowed is not great but the D has played really well the last 10 quarters.  The first half against the Cards they missed tackles, some assignments, and they weren't really coming after Murray that much.  Against the Fish, I believe the Bills were focused on Hill and Waddle, which left room for Achane to get some yards but he didn't kill us.  The Jags game was a blowout and was over at halftime.  Stats get distorted in blowouts.

45 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I think most of our bad run defense has been getting burned on the outside and missing tackles. Havent looked at it really.  Its just what I remember from the first two games with a speedy back against Miami and a speedy QB week 1.

I just expect to win every game.

I've felt this way for about 80 percent of all Josh Allen quarterbacked games.  

It’s been over 90 percent since 2022.  

I’m realistic, I know 15-2 is darn near impossible.  

Win Sunday against these frauds, and I feel like going 9-4 the rest of the way is the floor.  

I notice the Texans started ramping up Mixon today.  That ain’t for Sunday.  They know they have zero chance against us next week if he ain’t out there on his high ankle sprain.   

9 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

No wonder the odds are what they are. All these nuts are are betting on Lamar.

I think the sharps are on Ravens as well.  Haven't checked if the line has moved since it looks like Vorhees isn't going to play.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

Allow me to give you some context.  Etienne’s average was boosted by a 20+ run in either the 3rd or 4th quarter, when the game was over.  It’s even questionable why he was in the game at that point.  In the first half (when it mattered) he was averaging less than 3 YPC, if my memory is correct.

Edit:  just looked it up.  Etienne was 11 for 68.  His first four carries went for 2, 2, 2, and 3 yards.  After that it was 34-3.

Do just a little bit of research first, pal.

Edited by eball