Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

44 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

And yet people still don't want to talk about how much luck plays a factor in the playoffs...KC is very well coached and they have Mahomes, but they've also been the luckiest team over the past five seasons.

The Bills are and have been right there.  Our time is coming.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Special K said:

Happy I can finally focus on the Bills game this weekend after dealing with Hurricane Helene.....60 mph wind gusts here in the Orlando area over 250 miles from the center of the storm!!

I lost power......for 10 seconds....just long enough to say "Dammit" real loud before it went back on. I honestly can't believe it went back on that fast.

I hope our other Florida Bills fans have made it through the storm as safely as possible.....I know this storm will be a disaster for the Florida Big Bend area.....this state just can't catch a break from these damn Hurricanes!🤢

Geographically speaking, Florida is virtually in the bullseye since forever, I feel bad for all folk that live through this every year, prayers to them all 🙏,  it’s a big part of why we won’t move there, don’t want to deal with that when I’m older, we saw tropical storm gusts up to 75mph here in Beaufort SC last night, likely moving the home base north next year, rather a little snow than multiple hurricanes every year, 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, eball said:

And yet people still don't want to talk about how much luck plays a factor in the playoffs...KC is very well coached and they have Mahomes, but they've also been the luckiest team over the past five seasons.

It's amazing how we win when our McDermott sucks as a coach, Beane misses so much in the draft and Allen doesn't have any talent around him.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Geographically speaking, Florida is virtually in the bullseye since forever, I feel bad for all folk that live through this every year, prayers to them all 🙏,  it’s a big part of why we won’t move there, don’t want to deal with that when I’m older, we saw tropical storm gusts up to 75mph here in Beaufort SC last night, likely moving the home base north next year, rather a little snow than multiple hurricanes every year, 

I had 3 trees come down.  Two crashed through my fence in two different areas.  The other clipped my roof on my shed putting a hole in it.

This sucks but at least the Bills are 3-0 and will be alive when the go 4-0 this weekend.  I will just listen to WGR and start cutting and think how lucky I actually am.

• Like (+1) 4

Wasn't sure where to put this, but we need more from Ed Oliver:

He's getting doubled less than any DT in the league right now but he's winning his pass rush reps at a below average rate. Even Tim Settle has a higher win rate. I know he made a couple big plays against Miami but otherwise he has been kind of invisible to my eye.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, colin said:

kc at buffalo in the divisional game, our last game of the last season, not so ancient right?

look, you and the other guy are being a lil sensitive.  I don't think baltimore will destroy us, i also don't think we necessarily lose this game, but it is  big test, and a gut check.  these guys run all over people, so we are gonna see if our replacement guys (at nickle back, both LBs, and our two starting safeties, that's a lot of talent to be down in the gut) can get it done.

LOL.  Sensitive it the last thing I am.  The Bills are on a streak of games NOT getting blown out.  

You seem to be a little too critical of the teams' accomplishments.

We will find out Sunday if the D can't stop the run enough to win.

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Their afc playoff run against hilariously injured bills and dolphins defenses is definitely skewing peoples perceptions of that offense.     

seems like their injury luck may be changing this year though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's getting doubled less than any DT in the league right now but he's winning his pass rush reps at a below average rate. Even Tim Settle has a higher win rate. I know he made a couple big plays against Miami but otherwise he has been kind of invisible to my eye.

We all know Ed has the talent to dominate if he wants to. My concern with him has always been his inconsistent level of motivation. 

25 minutes ago, eball said:

It's like flipping a coin, having it coming up heads three times in a row, and everyone shouting, "Heads is obviously the better side. They have dominated tails and always will!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills-Ravens and Seahawks-Lions sure the other two seem like a couple toilet bowls.

19 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Listening to the Cover 1 matchup show and the Ravens guy is saying that the weakness on their D has been 7-15 yard passes in the middle of the field.

*Looks at Shakir, Coleman, Kincaid, Knox, Cook*

Mid range passing game otherwise known as Josh Allen’s bread and butter the past few seasons.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills numbers are frankly absurd.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Love me some Shady McCoy. He's the BIGGEST Josh Allen fan on TV. His show "the Facility" is the best show on Fox. On the show, they just asked who was the "scarier" QB to face between Josh and Lamar. Shady compared Josh to Jason Voorhees and Lamar to Chucky. Shady then said "I'm not really afraid of Chucky" 😂😂😂

Deep down we all know we could just punt that freaky little doll.

This change on offense and OC potentially allowing Josh to take the next step mentally as a QB should terrify other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny you don't hear this from the announcers during Bills games, or how Allen had far more touchdowns than anyone in the league last year, a bigger share of his team's offensive output, etc. Instead, you hear about--you know it--turnovers, even with just a single turnover this season. It's like Pavlov's dog: "Allen? What about turnovers?"

The opposite is true of Mahomes. He has four interceptions already this season, but the "T" word is never mentioned on air. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, finn said:

It's like flipping a coin, having it coming up heads three times in a row, and everyone shouting, "Heads is obviously the better side. They have dominated tails and always will!"

That way of thinking is why Las Vegas put a "previous spins" electronic sign next to all of its roulette tables.

It gets people to think, "it just spun 4 blacks in a row, the next one HAS to be red"!

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

As an aside, Tim Settle seems to be balling. Every time I have seen part of a Texans game, he is making a play. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He’s always been an average starter. Not a game wrecker. Not worth #9 overall. He’s small. Really short arms. And just not enough production 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Weather reports are looking better.  These all can change but looking more promising early.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baltimore/21202/evening-weather-forecast/348707?day=3  <--- Accuweather says a couple of showers in the evening - .1 inch expected right now.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Baltimore+MD?canonicalCityId=97ee60ad2fa1394922f97788b2d2dfe435f20295a5d38940a32e042a73f2d8c6 <-- Weather Channel is saying a few light rain showers.

https://foxbaltimore.com/weather/maps <--- Local Fox Affiliate only gives it a 30% chance of rain right now.

• Like (+1) 1