Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

5 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

It was reported Johnson had a hairline fracture in the forearm. I'm no doctor but I'd imagine arms are fairly import to tackle, right?  

He hopes he can come back next week, but isn't sure about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, colin said:

we got trucked by tenn before as well, two times (a few yeas back, true).  we got trucked by a bradyless ne team in the wind storm game, we got trucked by indy.  while they didn't do it ground only, kc trucked us nicely in the last playoff game, and cinci trucked us in the prior year loss with their back up OL dominating out DL and getting mixon a bunch of production.

we have a small d, we play nickle and dime almost always, and our top 2 LBs are out.  all of this is a good reason to doubt the bills will shut down the ravens run game.  i certainly hope they do, and think it might be different this year, but the reality is while the bills d has sick stats on average, there are enough games where they fold to create concern.

Tenn, NE and Indy..........you are talking ancient history in football.  All that was back in 2021.

In 2022 Bills whooped Titans 41-7.  How come you didn't remember that?

It's 2024.  Let's get with the times.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Tenn, NE and Indy..........you are talking ancient history in football.  All that was back in 2021.

In 2022 Bills whooped Titans 41-7.  How come you didn't remember that?

It's 2024.  Let's get with the times.

Still, the 'weakest' part to attack the bills D is the middle of the field between the hashes, we play light and we play nickel. I think this year we have the DL upfront to mitigate that and keep offenses from running all over us, but that's always been the weakness in the scheme.

Edited by uninja

36 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

He’s a human missile. Dives head first all the time. 

Agreed he was a problem last year; although the more snaps he got, the better he seemed to get at keeping his head up and his eyes open.

I don't know how it's going to go this year, but Taron's injury was not his fault; he was doing exactly what he was supposed to do, defending the sticks on 3rd down and trying to knock the ball out to force the incompletion/punt. The fact that Taron's arm happened to be right where the ball was was just bad luck and nobody's fault.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Rapp's hit to Taron's forearm was a dumb play. Taron already had secured the tackle & the ballcarrier was a millisecond from being completely down. Rapp fired in head-first to put a shot on the offensive player, and all he hit was Taron's arm which was wrapped around the chest. If he'd just helped bring the guy down, all would be well.

I love how Rapp hits, but he didn't need to lay the wood on that play.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 947 said:

Rapp's hit to Taron's forearm was a dumb play. Taron already had secured the tackle & the ballcarrier was a millisecond from being completely down. Rapp fired in head-first to put a shot on the offensive player, and all he hit was Taron's arm which was wrapped around the chest. If he'd just helped bring the guy down, all would be well.

I love how Rapp hits, but he didn't need to lay the wood on that play.

It was 3rd down and right at the sticks.

He absolutely should be firing in there to to stop a guy hard or knock the ball out to force an incompletion.

He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

The fact that it resulted in an injury because Taron's forearm was right on the ball was nothing more than bad luck.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was 3rd down and right at the sticks.

He absolutely should be firing in there to to stop a guy hard or knock the ball out to force an incompletion.

He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

The fact that it resulted in an injury because Taron's forearm was right on the ball was nothing more than bad luck.

I agree, you kind of have to make a play at the sticks there 

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PoundingDog said:

It was reported Johnson had a hairline fracture in the forearm. I'm no doctor but I'd imagine arms are fairly import to tackle, right?  

I think they also heal up a bit quicker than a more serious fracture.  It's a matter of how soon the medical staff signs off on him once the crack disappears from x-ray images.  I wonder if he could play with some kind of splint to protect his arm at some point.