Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

9 hours ago, mannc said:

What’s the name of his pod?

The Bruce Exclusive with Bruce Nolan. It’s a different type of podcast to be sure, once a week and a quick half hour. This week he spends the first half of the pod talking about JADS (Josh Allen Delusion Syndrome) tongue in cheek ripping on all the BS narratives about why Josh isn’t good according to the haters. Second half is a great explanation of Adjusted EPA and why it’s a good thing Josh’s has dropped (it means he’s getting lots of YAC, which is what we’ve been clamoring for). Check it out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I want to make a couple points. 

When we are crunching stats epa, yada I think it bears in mind both Miami and Jax games could have been much worse. We called off dogs in both those games by halftime. 

I thought Lamar looks inaccurate and sloppy passing. Was not impressed by him week 1 and saw the same old Lamar. When he breaks free and runs wild they are better. Keep in mind he did this versus Chiefs and they still lost. 

Personally, game plan wise it's an easy strategy for us to beat Baltimore. Minimize down field and big plays, make them drive the field and that will equal mistakes or stall outs. 

This will work, because I'm confident our offense will still click. 

BTW don't snooze on those deep explosive plays from Buff. It's been there and open and we've missed a couple times, but it will get there. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

The Bruce Exclusive with Bruce Nolan. It’s a different type of podcast to be sure, once a week and a quick half hour. This week he spends the first half of the pod talking about JADS (Josh Allen Delusion Syndrome) tongue in cheek ripping on all the BS narratives about why Josh isn’t good according to the haters. Second half is a great explanation of Adjusted EPA and why it’s a good thing Josh’s has dropped (it means he’s getting lots of YAC, which is what we’ve been clamoring for). Check it out.

To this latter point: the Ravens are 6th in the league in YAC this season.  They are normally good in YAC.

The Bills are 7th.   For comparison, in the full season of Dorsey's offense (2022) they were 27th.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Derrick Henry, while not the juggernaut he was in Tennessee 2019-2022, is still a formidable player.  It's a real question how well our undersized LB will be able to cope.

For what it is worth, our back up linebackers are bigger than our starters and both starting LB's remain out.

17 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Listening to the Cover 1 matchup show and the Ravens guy is saying that the weakness on their D has been 7-15 yard passes in the middle of the field.

*Looks at Shakir, Coleman, Kincaid, Knox, Cook*

Continuing to listen and...

Look, I'm not going to diminish desperation while looking at 1-3 while playing on Primetime for your fans at home. But systematically the Ravens defensive weakness have been the passes the Bills have thrived on.

The Ravens are worst in the league on 10+ yard or more pass plays. Their O-line is hurt and now playing well. Mark Andrews, their complete Tight End has not been healthy.

Their run game is a concern (Henry and Lamar will likely get big runs) but with how well Benford and Douglas have been playing on the outside I don't see how the Bills *don't* stack the box.

Love me some Shady McCoy. He's the BIGGEST Josh Allen fan on TV. His show "the Facility" is the best show on Fox. On the show, they just asked who was the "scarier" QB to face between Josh and Lamar. Shady compared Josh to Jason Voorhees and Lamar to Chucky. Shady then said "I'm not really afraid of Chucky" 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 4

21 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Tenn, NE and Indy..........you are talking ancient history in football.  All that was back in 2021.

In 2022 Bills whooped Titans 41-7.  How come you didn't remember that?

It's 2024.  Let's get with the times.

kc at buffalo in the divisional game, our last game of the last season, not so ancient right?

look, you and the other guy are being a lil sensitive.  I don't think baltimore will destroy us, i also don't think we necessarily lose this game, but it is  big test, and a gut check.  these guys run all over people, so we are gonna see if our replacement guys (at nickle back, both LBs, and our two starting safeties, that's a lot of talent to be down in the gut) can get it done.

29 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

What is absolutely hilarious is that there are posters who claim the Bills let bad teams hang around all the time and that's because our coaching doesn't get them prepared lol.  We are the best in the league over the last 4 seasons NOT letting bad teams hang around.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5