Week 4 - Bills at Ravens Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

I'm more worried about tackling someone. Again I said I'm not a medical professional, just common sense that you use your hand/arm to grab or wrap around someone and exert force thru the forearm in the process, play in and play out at his position. I'd think it needs to be 100% healed and then some before you go back on the field. You can't be just a coverage guy to bat down balls.

• Agree 1

2024-25 Season Record

Blue on White 2-0

White on White 0-0

White on Blue 1-0

Blue on Blue 0-0

Red on Red 0-0

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 49-30

Since 2011- White on White 22-31-1

2012-2021- White on White (Throwback) 9-3

Since 2012- White on Blue 17-25

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 17-10

Since 2015- Red on Red 8-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 23-10

White on White 15-9-1

White on White (Throwback) 4-1

White on Blue 11-10

Blue on Blue 13-7

Red on Red 6-1

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   1-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 1-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   5-4         TNF 2-2                SNF 2-1                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     6-2        TNF 4-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-2

Red on Red       3-1         TNF 1-1                SNF 2-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 4-1

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

• Thank you (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

For everyone saying that our defense hasn’t faced good QBs yet and their defense has… this chart is interesting. 

We’ve faced #4, #15 and #25 (Average of 15) and Lamar ranks #10 (facing 20, 27 and 28th Ranked D).

They’ve faced #13, #17 and #21 (Average of 17) and Josh ranks #2 (facing 23, 29 and 30th Ranked D). 

I think their defense is going to have a harder time than ours is… 

• Like (+1) 2

The Ravens defensive coordinator was their LBs coach from last year. They also lost 2 starting LBs from last year. They gave up 95 and 98 yards to TEs in 2 games this year. The middle of their defense is a problem for them and the Bills have 2 good TEs and multiple slot WRs. I keep envisioning the presnap motion the Bills employ and seeing these young LBs struggling to figure out where the ball is going. This could very well be another big day for Josh and the offense.

The Ravens have been very good at rallying to the ball to stop the run but I see the Bills putting 6 OLmen on the field and threatening to run but instead passing to the TEs and RBs. Brady has all ready done this and we could see them doing it often against this team. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall while watching Brady draw up a game plan. Going to be a good game.

• Like (+1) 4

This really is shaping up to be the "prove it" game.  Watching all of the talking heads this week - they're impressed, but we haven't "played anyone yet."

Though, if we beat the Ravens, they'll be 1-3 and everyone will move onto "we overrated them," and we still will not have played anyone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

This really is shaping up to be the "prove it" game.  Watching all of the talking heads this week - they're impressed, but we haven't "played anyone yet."

Though, if we beat the Ravens, they'll be 1-3 and everyone will move onto "we overrated them," and we still will not have played anyone.

Which is funny because the Chiefs opponents are 2-7 whom they beat by a toe and a random fumble by Burrow..and the Raiders. We are burying the inferior opponents, the Chiefs are being gifted wins by lesser opponents. However, you're absolutely right. 

The Bills could go undefeated, finish as one of the highest scoring teams of all time and be told "Yeah, but who have they faced?"

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I've never seen this chart before and want to make sure I'm reading this right...

Josh's EPA was adjusted downwards because his receivers aren't dropping balls but are getting Yards After the Catch?

This seems weird to me because one of the reasons they're not dropping balls is because he's throwing eminently catchable passes.

And YAC is happening partly because he's hitting guys in stride.  Just think of Monday night.  A couple of the TDs wouldn't have been TDs if Josh had made the receiver slow down for the ball.  

I think they're trying not to give the QB credit for the good work of his receivers.  But he deserves some of that credit.  

I also think it's weird that DPI is a modifier.  

I probably like "Actual EPA" more than "Adjusted EPA."

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Success said:

Perfect. I'd rather be the underdog.

Why do so many of you worry about what anyone outside of Buffalo thinks about our team? There’s so much bellyaching about what the narrative will be if we win or lose. Who cares what the national narrative is? No one knows our team like we do. They’ve gotten narratives wrong for years.  All we need is another W no matter how we get it. Josh has said straight up the only trophy he cares about is the Lombardi and that’s music to my ears. MVP is meaningless as evidence by Lamar getting it last year. 

Maybe Baltimore should worry about getting out played physically by us instead of so many of you guys worrying about the “dominant” Ravens rush offense. We’ve been bullying teams for 3 straight games. McD has already demonstrated he has the scheme to limit Lamar. All we have to do is execute.

Henry is on the downside of his career. Don’t get me wrong, I like him and I respect him as a runner but he’s not the threat he used to be. Our D-line vs their O-line should be our advantage and we’ve got penetrators, which is exactly the type of D-line that slow Henry down. Henry isn’t running wide and if he does, we will stuff him with our DBs coming up. It’s between the tackles he does his damage so penetrate the backfield, timely run blitzes, and gang tackle if he gets through.

As for Lamar, that’s pretty simple. McD contains the rush on him like we did Murray and he’ll try and play middle field closed. Lamar is going to make plays but if you force him to throw outside instead of over the middle he’s much less effective.

Yeah we could lose, but if we play our game (physical on both sides of the line, limit TOs and low penalties) it’s a 2 score win.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I've never seen this chart before and want to make sure I'm reading this right...

Josh's EPA was adjusted downwards because his receivers aren't dropping balls but are getting Yards After the Catch?

This seems weird to me because one of the reasons they're not dropping balls is because he's throwing eminently catchable passes.

And YAC is happening partly because he's hitting guys in stride.  Just think of Monday night.  A couple of the TDs wouldn't have been TDs if Josh had made the receiver slow down for the ball.  

I think they're trying not to give the QB credit for the good work of his receivers.  But he deserves some of that credit.  

I also think it's weird that DPI is a modifier.  

I probably like "Actual EPA" more than "Adjusted EPA."

EPA is newer to me. I dont really understand how all that stuff works yet. I know there are a couple people around here that probably do, so hopefully they will answer.

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

For everyone saying that our defense hasn’t faced good QBs yet and their defense has… this chart is interesting. 

We’ve faced #4, #15 and #25 (Average of 15) and Lamar ranks #10 (facing 20, 27 and 28th Ranked D).

They’ve faced #13, #17 and #21 (Average of 17) and Josh ranks #2 (facing 23, 29 and 30th Ranked D). 

I think their defense is going to have a harder time than ours is… 

Every D has it harder than ours.  Our D never has to face 17 😉 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew Son said:

I hate the likely bad weather from the Hurricane.

We’re better but that might be an equalizer 

At the very least, I feel like they’ve finally built the offense in a way where they should be able to handle bad weather better.  A nasty O Line, run game and solid TE play.  But agree, the rain could draw from our passing advantage.

• Like (+1) 1