Injury Report ???? - Taron Johnson, Bernard, Milano

BuffaloBaumer

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Do we need Johnson more for Houston or Baltimore?

Id vote Houston and know he can shut down Diggs or their slot.

The coaches probably know exactly who to put on Diggs.

Johnson in spot time against Baltimore and fully back against Houston is my vote. 

The key to beating Stroud is getting that pass rush. If you give him time in the backfield, he will shred any defense.   Minnesota was bringing that pressure continuously and harassed Stroud all day. 

For Batimore, it is more of the containment so that they don't give the lanes for Lamar to run.   

The defense has to play completely different between Lamar and Stroud.

40 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Depends on the severity and location of the break.    If the break goes through the skin or is broken in multiple places it will require surgery, otherwise its rare. 

Corrects.  A crack (normal case) will heal naturally.  When you are in a violent accident, the bones not only crack but they may BREAK.   Break requires immediate surgery to put screws in to stabilize it.    

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The key to beating Stroud is getting that pass rush. If you give him time in the backfield, he will shred any defense.   Minnesota was bringing that pressure continuously and harassed Stroud all day. 

For Batimore, it is more of the containment so that they don't give the lanes for Lamar to run.   

The defense has to play completely different between Lamar and Stroud.

Corrects.  A crack (normal case) will heal naturally.  When you are in a violent accident, the bones not only crack but they may BREAK.   Break requires immediate surgery to put screws in to stabilize it.    

we haev shown the ability to shut down jackson and henry. i am not fearing baltimore at all.

houston will be a different monster. many moving pieces will good talent in multiple places. mixon being banged up is important. hopefully he gets worse because he is a woman beater.

15 hours ago, Bigantall said:

I am concerned about Bernard he seems to get injured a lot before this year injury his production was low 

They only played 1 game he got hurt in the Miami game which was #2, add to that seeing that they say because the D doesn't really get to hit in OTA's, mini camp, then i've heard say it takes the D a couple games to get into hitting at game speed, how can you access his production ?

#1 & because they go from hitting bags in practice to hitting a opposing force & most of the starters only played a couple of plays in the shortened preseason games one would think injuries would come a bit more frequently especially at the beginning of the season .

Yes he did get hurt at the end of last year then the beginning of this year, but he stayed fairly healthy through out last season so i'm going to wait to make a judgement on his production .

At least until he's played a few games so he can get back into as they say "Game Shape" which i believe to be a relevant, real thing especially in todays game the way preseasons are with the lack of actual hitting & a shortened preseason games to only now 3 . 

22 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

My hope is we get Bernard and Taron back for MNF (at Jets).  That's going to be a super important game and don't want to rush either back.

Milano, yes, mid December has been tossed around.  Bicep tears can be tricky, no guarantee he's back then, but mid January is a pretty safe bet at the latest.

I wonder with something like that if the timeline takes into account getting back to football strength. 

One would think that having a torn biceps would impact his ability to do any upper body strength training 

But imagine hitting the playoffs with a truly healthy Milano, Bernard, Williams and Spector

Edited by TheFunPolice

5 hours ago, boyst said:

Do we need Johnson more for Houston or Baltimore?

Id vote Houston and know he can shut down Diggs or their slot.

The coaches probably know exactly who to put on Diggs.

Johnson in spot time against Baltimore and fully back against Houston is my vote. 

Johnson is already ruled out vs Baltimore 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Andrew Son said:

Where did you hear that?

"Orchard Park, N.Y. (WGR Sports Radio 550) - Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott said Tuesday that linebacker Terrel Bernard and cornerback Taron Johnson won't be available to play for the team when the face the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night."

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

"Orchard Park, N.Y. (WGR Sports Radio 550) - Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott said Tuesday that linebacker Terrel Bernard and cornerback Taron Johnson won't be available to play for the team when the face the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night."

I would that information not be released early.  Bills made a lot of effort to eliminate information being leaked and then it was given out by McDermott who was the primary person canning people to eliminate leaks.

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw Milano on the sideline at the game.  If he was wearing a sleeve, it was under his long sleeve shirt. 

Yes compression sleeves are usually worn next to arm and sleeves over it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wonder with something like that if the timeline takes into account getting back to football strength. 

One would think that having a torn biceps would impact his ability to do any upper body strength training 

But imagine hitting the playoffs with a truly healthy Milano, Bernard, Williams and Spector

Yeah, my sports med colleagues say approx 20 weeks at earliest.  Surgery was around Aug 15th, so that'd be around Jan 9th mark.

He's likely doing light stretch exercises now, and ramping up a bit each week.  Probably closer to 14 weeks when doing some weight training and ramping up for at least a month.

20 weeks is still early ish, literature says 6 months for most.  

My guess would be 1st playoff game.  Perhaps he gets limited snaps in the final regular season game, and continues to ramp up. But I don't necessarily expect him to take a full workload unless we go deep into the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

Bills CB Taron Johnson provides update on injury and hopeful return date

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-taron-johnson-injury-return-timeline

The reigning second-team All-Pro nickel cornerback recently caught up with The Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia, telling the reporter that he suffered a “crack” of his forearm.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills LB Terrel Bernard takes encouraging step in injury recovery

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-terrel-bernard-returns-to-practice

Buffalo Bills starting middle linebacker Terrel Bernard has returned to practice in a limited capacity following his pectoral strain.

According to Cleveland Clinic:

What is the difference between a muscle strain and a pulled muscle?

There’s no difference between a strained muscled and a pulled muscle. People use the terms interchangeably. The same is true for a strained muscle and a torn muscle. They’re the same injury with the same symptoms and treatments.

On 9/25/2024 at 6:08 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Depends on the severity and location of the break.    If the break goes through the skin or is broken in multiple places it will require surgery, otherwise its rare. 

On 9/25/2024 at 6:48 AM, ganesh said:

Spent my career making these products.  Forearm typically break near the wrist from trauma.

This is a typical "plate and screw" fixation.  Taron had a "crack" which typically just heals on its own.

Having it "immobilized" help prevent strain on the crack while healing.

image.png.731652826e6bcbc71d3086c66814b0dc.png

31 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spent my career making these products.  Forearm typically break near the wrist from trauma.

This is a typical "plate and screw" fixation.  Taron had a "crack" which typically just heals on its own.

Having it "immobilized" help prevent strain on the crack while healing.

image.png.731652826e6bcbc71d3086c66814b0dc.png

Broke my arm playing football landing on it  - both bones in lower arm. My arm was Z shaped after adrenalin was diminished.   No pins or any kind of surgery.  Cast twice (I broke first cast hitting head of bully harassing me). 

• Haha (+1) 1