Bills Open as 2.5 Underdogs

Bookie Man

I don't like this game. Ravens won Sunday, but they're desperate. They are 1-2, and know 1-3 is a tough hole to get out of. Bills are the better team overall, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the bills lose this one. This is the best defense the bills have faced so far this season.Β 

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Home team typically gets a 3 point advantage on betting lines, so being less than that means we are getting some respect from the house

it's down to 1.5. some say it's only 1 pt now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Lamar Jackson is the sacred cow of the NFL. Only good things must be said. He can never be an underdog.

Β 

He is Mahones little brother.

Β 

Locally you will see photos of him out partying before games with his fromer classmates and friends; I wonder if someone in bar will slip him a Mickey Finn.

You can't get caught-up in records during the first month of the season.

Β 

Ravens were arguably the best team in the NFL last year.Β  They came within a toenail (literally) of beating the Chiefs on Week 1.

Home team will always get a little boost from the oddsmakers, as it should.

And historically, teams will often have a down week after blowing the doors off someone... like we just did against the Jaguars.

Β 

Β 

The general public loves to bet favorites. Trying to get $$ on Baltimore it seems.Β 

16 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Home team typically gets a 3 point advantage on betting lines, so being less than that means we are getting some respect from the house

More like 1.5 - 2 pts these daysΒ 

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar Jackson stats against Bills (McDermott)

Β 

3 Games

451 Passing Yards

147 Rushing

Β 

4 TDs

4 Picks

Β 

So Lamar averages:

Β 

150 Passing, 49 Rushing, 1 to 1 TD to Interception Ratio

Bills defense has always done good against Lamar.Β 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Lamar Jackson stats against Bills (McDermott)

Β 

3 Games

451 Passing Yards

147 Rushing

Β 

4 TDs

4 Picks

Β 

So Lamar averages:

Β 

150 Passing, 49 Rushing, 1 to 1 TD to Interception Ratio

Bills defense has always done good against Lamar.Β 

Wish we had Milano. This opponent he’s needed the mostΒ 

1 minute ago, balln said:

Wish we had Milano. This opponent he’s needed the mostΒ 

Β 

I agree but I'm hoping Bernard is back for this game and Taron is back for the Texans game. They may be the most important players the next two weeks

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Henry worries me more than anything. Β I feel like if the Bills defense can be exposed it’s on the ground with Lamar and Henry. Β I’m expecting a high scoring game which i like our chances inΒ 

During the offseason, they lost a few pieces on the oline, and to compound matters, the oline coach passed away before the start of the season.Β  They have not had the same type of success with run blocking, that we are used to seeing. They don't scare me one bit.Β  Like the poster above stated, we won't go undefeated, but no reason to fear anyone on our schedule, as long as Brady continues to call a good game. Oh yea.......and we have number 17.

1 hour ago, Bookie Man said:

Interesting line. I thought it would open with Bills as a 1 or 1.5 point favorite. Definitely a tough spot, going to a hostile primetime game vs a Ravens team that needs to keep pace with Pitt and already back 2 games. Looks like Vegas is enticing bettors to put money on Buffalo. Bills usually contain Lamar for the most part. Kyler had decent success as a runner/scrambler. Always tough games when we play Baltimore. We just might get to see this offense for a full 4Q this Sunday.Β 

wow, very interesting,Β  our pass rush will be key, apparently Bals OL is very weak. Von looks phenomenal,Β  like I thought he could return to a decent version of his elite self but watching him, he's playing Elite ball, every game he's consistently dominating the tackle..