Bills Open as 2.5 Underdogs

Bookie Man

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I don't like this game. Ravens won Sunday, but they're desperate. They are 1-2, and know 1-3 is a tough hole to get out of. Bills are the better team overall, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the bills lose this one. This is the best defense the bills have faced so far this season. 

The key matchup is how badly does Madabuike beat on Torrence? That guy is a menace. I think their ends are good but so are the Bills' tackles.

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Nope.  Still Bills +2.5

He’s referring to the typical home|road spread.   You’re replying to him with this game’s spread.  Yes, Bills +2.5.  Yes, typical home team spread’s dropped from 3 to 1.5morb1.0.

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

Unusual line.  This may be a down year for the Ravens, whether the media wants to accept it or not.  

Ravens defense is slow with a green DC. 

Ravens offense, even slower.  The right side of their OL is in slow motion like they both have back pain, and Henry is a plodder at this point in his career.  

King Henry may be older, but he’s no plodder.   Say what you want about the Cowboys, but 150 yards and 6.0 per carry ain’t plodding.

Edited by Neo

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

Unusual line.  This may be a down year for the Ravens, whether the media wants to accept it or not.  

Ravens defense is slow with a green DC. 

Ravens offense, even slower.  The right side of their OL is in slow motion like they both have back pain, and Henry is a plodder at this point in his career.  

I agree.  I think the Ravens are due for a down year and public opinion is just slow to recognize it.  They never would have lost to the Raiders at home in previous years.  Their o-line is not good and they have no outside receiving threat.  They lost key pieces on defense, as well as their highly regarded defensive coordinator.  I think the Bills are a particularly bad matchup for them.

Edited by mannc

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

They ran for 275 yards RAN for that against Dallas.  

I expect the exact same script.

Just hold them to FGs I like our chances in a Bass v Tucker game.*

*If you read that like “wtf” then we need a new kicker.   

Cowboys rank last against the run.  Remember how the Bills ran all over them last year?  Nothing has changed.

This is a game Rousseau's skill set was made for. The ultimate edge setter, the ultimate contain rusher. The Ravens are weak up front so I don't expect Lamar to have easy escape lanes anywhere. I don't know, I get nervous about every game but nothing about the Ravens particularly scares me. Basically just don't let Derrick Henry take over the game and don't make dumb mistakes on offense and we win by multiple scores.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Bookie Man said:

Not sure about Dorian/Spector's lateral quickness when Lamar takes off running. He might go for 100+. Front 4 gonna have to rush discipined. Usually when there's a fishy spread like this, Vegas is on the right side. Hopefully not in this case. 

Last night the spread crept from -6 to -5 as the game approached.  And then the Bills spanked the Jags.  I think the betting public is doing the same thing with the Ravens, thinking the “reigning” MVP has his back against the wall and his team needs the win.  And yes, the Ravens will have the benefit of home field.

Also, it is too bad we won’t have Taron or Bernard because I think they’d help big time on the contain, although I think McD and Babich will scheme up something that will work well enough.  BUT, even if nothing works to stop Lamar & Henry, we should all have a lot of the faith that Josh and this offense can go toe-to-toe with anyone, if needed.  I think Josh is going to REALLY want this game, and the team seems to be following his lead wherever he’s going.  This reminds me of when MJ finally started to win championships with the Bulls, he figured out how to raise the level of play of his teammates and everyone stepped up in their roles.

4 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Last night the spread crept from -6 to -5 as the game approached.  And then the Bills spanked the Jags.  I think the betting public is doing the same thing with the Ravens, thinking the “reigning” MVP has his back against the wall and his team needs the win.  And yes, the Ravens will have the benefit of home field.

Also, it is too bad we won’t have Taron or Bernard because I think they’d help big time on the contain, although I think McD and Babich will scheme up something that will work well enough.  BUT, even if nothing works to stop Lamar & Henry, we should all have a lot of the faith that Josh and this offense can go toe-to-toe with anyone, if needed.  I think Josh is going to REALLY want this game, and the team seems to be following his lead wherever he’s going.  This reminds me of when MJ finally started to win championships with the Bulls, he figured out how to raise the level of play of his teammates and everyone stepped up in their roles.

I agree. I think quietly Josh wants to win this game like a psycho, showing the league who the TRUE mvp was last year and who is this year. Much like a hidden angle on how bad the Bills wanted revenge vs Jags for the London situation. Bills knew they were the better team, but got jobbed by the scheduling committee on some geographical experiment. 

But I think the public will be all over Buffalo as underdogs, dominating a nationally televised game and seeing Baltimore's record and almost squandering another big lead to Dallas. Going to be a great game. Bills are playing some laser focused football. Gonna be a great test. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

I don't like this game. Ravens won Sunday, but they're desperate. They are 1-2, and know 1-3 is a tough hole to get out of. Bills are the better team overall, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the bills lose this one. This is the best defense the bills have faced so far this season. 

What?  That defense is horrible 

15 hours ago, Sweats said:

I'm not so sure about this one.....the Ravens are going to play tough, trying to catch up in their division and i think LJ might break a couple of solid runs on us. I just hope our "bend, but don't break D" doesn't **** the bed.

He definitely will but he will choke on the red zone. If we get to 14 early enough, and with their ***** pass D l expect it, then I believe they'll be pressed to force the ball down field and let Jackson scramble. Fine to unleash him against less disciplined defenses and against backup LB's (which we have) but our team ain't like others right now. 

Bills -9.5. 

Edited by boyst

On 9/24/2024 at 12:02 PM, GolfandBills said:

Henry worries me more than anything.  I feel like if the Bills defense can be exposed it’s on the ground with Lamar and Henry.  I’m expecting a high scoring game which i like our chances in 

I think that's what the betting line is thinking.  They're looking at the Ravens and going "*****!  They ran over Dallas for 275 yards!  You see dem itty bitty linebackers on the Bills?  Henry gonna go 'Choo!  Choo!' and run over 'em!"

And he might.  

But the Bills ran over Dallas to the tune of 266 yds last season, of which only 24 yds were Allen's.  

So maybe....the Dallas run D has something to do with it?  

• Thank you (+1) 1