Is this the best coaching we have seen in the JA era?

Success

That's why, all things being equal, it's better to have an "offensive" head coach, like Andy Reid, Mike Shanahan or Sean McVay.  You don't have to worry about your offensive mastermind being poached by other teams because they are under contract and are already head coaches.    

• Like (+1) 1

Brady is maximizing Allens mind not his physical ability.  Gives Allen the tools to recognize the defense and knows where to attack.  Allen is reaching the pinnacle of QB play.  Find the holes in zone get to the matchups in man.  Play off we will run it down your throat.  Defense makes the right call stops play and Allen now gets the first down or a TD.  Its pretty incredible.  I don't expect Allen to be perfect every game but this design puts a heck of a-lot on defenses.  

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

sometimes i wonder why these guys do not decide to really hone their skills as a coordinator.

if this guy can be a coordinator for Buffalo 6-8 years total and really, really learn the league, perfect his craft, learn from others etc.... he could be one of the greatest head coaches if they ever chose.

💰💰💰

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Brady and Babich for president/vice president 

We're all loving them right now, but I imagine we also were pretty high on Dorsey about this time last year when we were sitting at 3-1 after three straight demolitions of the Raiders, Commanders, and Dolphins. Who knows what will happen when adversity comes knocking?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

For starters, McDermott has done a great job this year as a whole. We lost a lot of big names, and the consensus nationally was that we were going to take a step back.  We weren't sure what our identity would be.  In pretty short order, this team looks like the best in the league.

McD has gotten a lot of criticism in the past, but has everyone been watching the other games? There is a LOT of bad coaching in the league right now.  

Then there is the defense. Losing Milano, Bernard & Johnson right out of the gate - and still looking like a top 5 D. They're playing fast, they're hitting hard, I'm not seeing any missed assignments or blown coverages.  This is a swarming, smothering defense.

The offense also looks as good as we've seen.  For starters, we have a run game.  In the pass game, 10 different guys caught passes from Allen yesterday.  I mean, who do you cover if you're an opposing defense?  Brady is mixing it up beautifully, and getting everyone involved.

I have a lot of faith in our current staff.  It feels like we finally have the coaching we need to get that elusive title.

Couldn't agree more, Brady and Babich were phenomenal choices to take over the O and D, Couldn't be more thrilled and content with our weekly gameplan,  these boys are making these other teams look like amateurs on game day... McD is easily top 3 in the game rn

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think that McDermott has the coordinators he's going to be happy with, at least until they are poached by teams looking for a head coach.  I'm sure McDermott still has input into the defense, but he does trust Babich.  On the offensive side, the Bills have given Brady all the tools he needs for a complete offense.  I suppose if I wanted to nit pick I could say that it would be nice if Buffalo had an athletic and fast 240+ lb running back who could run between the tackles no matter the defense throws at them and then outrun defensive backs to the end zone.  Shy of that, I see no weak spots for this offense.  They have an elite QB, a top offensive line that can open holes in the running game and protect the passer at a high level, solid running backs who can both catch and run, great tight ends and solid wide receivers who get open, have great hands and can get yards after the catch.  I don't think there is a defense in the league that can take away everything that Buffalo can do.  Brady knows that, and he's willing to exploit whatever defenses leave available.  Jacksonville plays a man scheme in pass defense and focusses on stopping the run.  Josh Allen picked them apart and the receivers dealt with Jacksonville's DBs easily.  

I haven't followed this year's edition of the Baltimore Ravens, but I think if they try the same strategy as Jacksonville, Josh will have another field day.  If they try a shell defense with 2 deep safeties, Buffalo will run the ball down their throats.  Brady knows how to scheme both the run and the pass and he's willing to go heavy either way as the circumstances dictate.