AFC impact - OT TRENT Brown out for season

Saxum

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/news/trent-brown-injury-update-latest-news-bengals-carted/89254cef6782ed07cc5cb717

Trent Brown injury update: Latest news after Bengals RT was carted off field

The veteran right tackle was officially diagnosed with a knee injury by the team and was almost immediately ruled out just minutes after he left the field.

With Brown out, the Bengals will turn to first-round pick Amarius Mims, a mammoth right tackle out of Georgia who dealt with injuries of his own during college.

Bengals are already 0-3 and this will make ir easier for Steelers and Ravens to make playoffs.

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They drafted Amarius Mims in the first round. Mims is raw which is why he wasn’t starting but he has the potential to he better than Brown here as he gets more experience 

Yeah Mims replaced him.  But he’s raw like you said, it’s a big question mark if he can become a legit starting tackle or not.  The NFL is littered with the failed careers of massive or athletic freaks that were raw and never got there.  

And as bad as Cincy has been playing with Burrow under center for 2 seasons, not sure they can remain in the hunt if he struggles to get up to speed quickly after they started 0-3 in a tough division.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah Mims replaced him.  But he’s raw like you said, it’s a big question mark if he can become a legit starting tackle or not.  The NFL is littered with the failed careers of massive or athletic freaks that were raw and never got there.  

And as bad as Cincy has been playing with Burrow under center for 2 seasons, not sure they can remain in the hunt if he struggles to get up to speed quickly after they started 0-3 in a tough division.  

They have such a cupcake schedule it's ridiculous. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They drafted Amarius Mims in the first round. Mims is raw which is why he wasn’t starting but he has the potential to he better than Brown here as he gets more experience 

I hope he can impact games this year especially with Steelers and Ravens.

8 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

They have such a cupcake schedule it's ridiculous. 

Ah, I haven’t checked their schedule.  Although I would guess most people included the Commanders as part of that cupcake schedule and they still lost, so we will see how they respond.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah, I haven’t checked their schedule.  Although I would guess most people included the Commanders as part of that cupcake schedule and they still lost, so we will see how they respond.  

The patriots would also have probably checked a box as a cupcake.

Carolina, NYG, LVR, Tenn, Denver are all on the schedule so they definitely still have some easier games.  I hesitate to include Cleveland (Burrow is 1-5 against Cleveland).  In order to make noise i'd say they need to win all 5 of those.  

Baltimore x2, Pitt x2, Cle x2, @LAC, @Dallas, Philly.  If they win those 5 "cupcake games", they'd need to win likely 5 of these games.  They probably need to go at least 5-1 in the division too.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah - remember Michael Jasper? 

I could have sworn he was going to be that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The patriots would also have probably checked a box as a cupcake.

Carolina, NYG, LVR, Tenn, Denver are all on the schedule so they definitely still have some easier games.  I hesitate to include Cleveland (Burrow is 1-5 against Cleveland).  In order to make noise i'd say they need to win all 5 of those.  

Baltimore x2, Pitt x2, Cle x2, @LAC, @Dallas, Philly.  If they win those 5 "cupcake games", they'd need to win likely 5 of these games.  They probably need to go at least 5-1 in the division too.  

You never know with division games, but outside of that, it's pretty soft. 

Just now, Allen2Moulds said:

You never know with division games, but outside of that, it's pretty soft. 

It's pretty early too, and as bad as most of those 5 weak teams are, they all have a little scrappiness.  4/5 already have wins.

Denver has a good defense.  

Vegas can't run or stop the run, but they have an interesting array of pass catchers.  

Tenn is 0-3, and not a lot has gone right, but if they stop turning the ball over and get back to basics I don't think they'd fall among the worst teams in the league.  Early bye week for them that is timed pretty well for their team.  

Giants look like a drought era bills team.  Lameduck coach, GM, QB.  We've all seen this story though and it rarely ends with the #1 overall pick, so they'll win some games they shouldn't.  

Carolina played well last week, and the raiders played badly.  Competent QB play opened up the run game.  Now how to get competent QB play out of your franchise QB?

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not to mention the Patriots. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

What a huge boost to our SB chances it would be if a Justin Fields-led Steelers team is our opponent in a home playoff game.  

They do have TJ Watt on defense...a guy who didn't play in the last playoff game with us.   The Steelers are a tough football team with some weapons.  Go Bills !!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The 'football gods' throwing a little 'bad karma' the Bengals way, due to the easy schedule? 🤔😁

How bout they throw sone bad karma Kc’s way for being the biggest assembly of dooshnozzles on the planet