How are we feeling about the next 3 weeks?

GASabresIUFan

As I’ve been saying, I think Josh is as motivated as he has ever been, between Lamar winning MVP last season, Diggs chirping his mouth, the league calling him overrated, and just wanting to bring a Super Bowl to Buffalo.  He has a chance in the next three games to take down Lamar in primetime (Collinsworth will be ball washing our guy 🤮), take down Diggs a week later, and then stop any talk of the Jets & Aaron Rodgers being a threat.  This is a really tough stretch and we’ve seen the Bills start

hot before, but a lot feels different this year.

That aside, would really love to get Taron and Bernard back this week, as they both would do wonders to help stop Lamar & Henry.  If we can keep their running game in check, thinking we should win this Sunday night.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

I look at it as those three teams have to play us.  This scared of the schedule stuff is ridiculous 

They should be scared of us as well.  The Bills and Vikings are playing the best football early in the year.   However, you can't overlook any opponent in the NFL.  Denver and Carolina won this past week.

• Agree 1

Id take 1 of 2 against the Ravens/Texans, followed by a big divisional supremacy win @ the Jets.  They would be in really great shape in that case.  Pretty much a 2-to-3-game lead in the Division, at or near the top of the AFC, with a more manageable schedule in front of them for a bit.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I'll be in italy as well. Catania specifically.  I dont think there will be anywhere to watch it. Where will you be?

Nice!  Funny, I've never been to southern Italy in my trips there, I'll be in Verona for the Jets game and Limone for Titans game.

Two years ago I watched a game on my phone at a restaurant (and scared the locals with my random cheers), last year I watched the Jags game in Venice and I've watched SEVERAL games at the Red Garter in Florence (last year it was the Phins game, great atmosphere, love that place for NFL games).

Good luck, best bet is to ask around or get ready to find a bootleg feed on your phone! :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

There is no question that the next 3 games are winnable, especially the way the team is playing, but….

It’s hard to win on the road. All three teams can’t afford a loss to the Bills even this early in the season and will give us their best effort.

That said.

1) at Raven: Sunday night:  Josh took a subtle shot at Lamar by calling him the 2 time MVP during a interview tonight.  Josh is going to super focused against the Ravens to show who is the better QB.  Ravens are 1-2 and their D has allowed 78 points and are 29th in QB pressure rate.  If they can’t get to Josh, the Bills should win.

2) at Houston:  This game scares me, but Houston has surprisingly struggled to score with only 55 in 3 games.  Collins, Dell and Diggs are great, but Minn showed how to beat them; stop the run and force the young QB to beat you.  Hard to do with our pass rush.  Stroud has already been sacked 11 times.  Mixon has an ankle injury and was out vs Minn.  If he is slowed or out, all the better.

3) at the NYJ:  Hall, Wilson etc… very scary weapons with a statute at QB.  Defense has key injuries especially upfront.  Get home on Rodgers should be the key.  If the Bills win, they take control if the division.

One game at a time but the way we have been playing they can easily beat em all 

• Agree 1

I feel great-  better than I could’ve anticipated considering we don’t have Milano, Bernard or Taron.  

that said-  we’re about to find out what we’re really made of in the next 3 weeks.

OL, RAC and WR blocking was a focal point of our offensive retooling and it looks to be working.

my guy Mack Hollins, is out there running through people, setting legal picks and leading the WRs in snap counts. He doesn’t have to be targeted to be a positive factor in this offense. 

-short passes- rac

-RBs used in the deep sideline pass game.  
-OL dominant

-Josh just playing free and letting the game come to him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Nice!  Funny, I've never been to southern Italy in my trips there, I'll be in Verona for the Jets game and Limone for Titans game.

Two years ago I watched a game on my phone at a restaurant (and scared the locals with my random cheers), last year I watched the Jags game in Venice and I've watched SEVERAL games at the Red Garter in Florence (last year it was the Phins game, great atmosphere, love that place for NFL games).

Good luck, best bet is to ask around or get ready to find a bootleg feed on your phone! :beer: 

Cool, I'll be in a small town in Si I'll for the Titans game and am not expecting there to be any games on. Will look for the bootleg on wifi. Have fun!

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

That said.

1) at Raven: Sunday night:  Josh took a subtle shot at Lamar by calling him the 2 time MVP during a interview tonight.  Josh is going to super focused against the Ravens to show who is the better QB.  Ravens are 1-2 and their D has allowed 78 points and are 29th in QB pressure rate.  If they can’t get to Josh, the Bills should win.

The next game is all that matters.  I agree, Bills should win.

It’s easy to be high on 3-0. It’s unrealistic to think the Bills will go 6-0.  However, there is certainly reason to believe they may just do it. The entire team seems more relaxed this year. The Bills are also surprisingly solid on defense given the injuries.

Finally, Josh Allen played what was probably the most complete game of his career against the Jags. He made it look effortless, he was accurate and he ran with both personal safety and authority.

Odds say the Bills will lose one of these three games.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Josh just playing free and letting the game come to him

That is what stood out to me so far. His demeanor is calmer and more collected than I ever saw. Even on a game-to-game basis. I feel the Arizona game, he could do less himself (like hurdling people), but throwing more. This last game, he ran only when it presented itself and he slides to avoid contact.

Maybe the finger injuries is doing him good. 

I want to see how he acts in a more stressful situation. Against a bad Arizona defense, he didn't panic. Still would like to see when he's putting to the same situation against a good defense.

Edited by PoundingDog