How are we feeling about the next 3 weeks?

GASabresIUFan

49 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Ravens are first up and the toughest. A slug fest in Baltimore. Will be back and forth. Bills have done it before with less

Stop Henry before he gets going. That's what Raiders did and Dallas failed to do.

I do agree with boyst that Spector and Williams are actually better, dare I to say, than Bernard and Milano, in run defense. It's a couple of weeks now so let's see what the Ravens do to attack them, particularly Williams. The Jaguars actually targeted Williams a few times with Etienne without much success. Now the Jaguars missed Engram big time last night. Ravens do have Mark Andrew which is better than Engram. So we shall see.   

• Like (+1) 1

The way to beat Henry is to stop him before he gets a head of steam. However, Baltimore is doing a great job of making teams pay for selling out to stop him. Fake handoff and Jackson is quickly 10yds downfield. It's going to be tough and we are really going to wish we had Milano for this matchup. Still, our offense just seems far more dangerous. I think our D does just enough to slow them down and our offense just continues to roll.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Sorry, I'm not a believer in the Jets just because they beat up on the Patriots. They'll need to do a lot more to get me overly concerned. Breece Hall is good though. 

Me either. They struggled against the Titans at times. That Titans team just got lit up by the QB they dumped for a future 7th a month ago. Beating the Pats* is expected. 

• Like (+1) 2

The ole adage ...one game at a time.

The Ratbirds figured stuff out in Dallas. While IMHO I think they're the most annoying team in the NFL, they are generally solid. 

Their D isn't elite anymore, but they will make timely plays. If the Bills are behind entering the 4th Q, don't give up hope, as the Rats are vulnerable even with a lead.

The key is to play Lamar like Pitt & Cle do. Don't let him outside the box. There's a reason why Lamar is 22-1 vs the NFC in his career....they don't see him enough.

The Bills are rarely out of any game, so I have this one as a difficult W. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

There is no question that the next 3 games are winnable, especially the way the team is playing, but….

It’s hard to win on the road. All three teams can’t afford a loss to the Bills even this early in the season and will give us their best effort.

That said.

1) at Raven: Sunday night:  Josh took a subtle shot at Lamar by calling him the 2 time MVP during a interview tonight.  Josh is going to super focused against the Ravens to show who is the better QB.  Ravens are 1-2 and their D has allowed 78 points and are 29th in QB pressure rate.  If they can’t get to Josh, the Bills should win.

2) at Houston:  This game scares me, but Houston has surprisingly struggled to score with only 55 in 3 games.  Collins, Dell and Diggs are great, but Minn showed how to beat them; stop the run and force the young QB to beat you.  Hard to do with our pass rush.  Stroud has already been sacked 11 times.  Mixon has an ankle injury and was out vs Minn.  If he is slowed or out, all the better.

3) at the NYJ:  Hall, Wilson etc… very scary weapons with a statute at QB.  Defense has key injuries especially upfront.  Get home on Rodgers should be the key.  If the Bills win, they take control if the division.

We should ask the next three teams we play what they are thinking.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

Stop Henry before he gets going. That's what Raiders did and Dallas failed to do.

I do agree with boyst that Spector and Williams are actually better, dare I to say, than Bernard and Milano, in run defense. It's a couple of weeks now so let's see what the Ravens do to attack them, particularly Williams. The Jaguars actually targeted Williams a few times with Etienne without much success. Now the Jaguars missed Engram big time last night. Ravens do have Mark Andrew which is better than Engram. So we shall see.   

Andrews target share and usuage is way down so far. Haven’t watched enough to know why but is he still injured? Is he slowing down? Is it because of the emergence of Isaiah Likely? No idea but he hasn’t been the Mark Andrews of the past for sure 

I'm nervous about the Jets game - I'll be in Italy and the game will be on at 2:30am, does not bode well for watching!  🤣 :beer: 

But I like our chances in all three of the games. If we keep playing like we have been, this will be a tough team to defeat...

42 minutes ago, boyst said:

i don't fear the Ravens as much as some. with williams being an efficient tackler and Spector being a fairly large dude combined with the difference between the rest of the our corps i think it is in our favor to let them take the brunt of this work against these guys to avoid the wear and tear vs. bernard and milano. it's almost ideal (assuming we win) that these guys get the tread.

with all of that being said we will see that henry has not truly lost a step. he is in as good of shape as ever and it shows in the later quarters when most others are tired. so if he builds up steam and the ball game is close they can consistently just use him to knock us around a little bit and set up play action. regardless, though, they can't keep up with us on offense because their defense is so glaringly weak. if we get to 27+ points there is no way they win.

they allow ridiculous amounts of passing and Shakir may have a career night against them. i don't think Cook will be as big of a factor.

Your assessment of them having a challenge to stop Josh and Co. is on the money. Cook will be an integral part of every win for us because he’s becoming a matchup nightmare out of the backfield either on dump offs or go patterns against LBS or safeties. He also is a threat to get big chunks on cutbacks. Our offense is becoming so multidimensional with the improved O - line play and Josh having multiple great targets. TEs and backs are making big contributions in the pass game and Josh is demoralizing defenses with QB draws. If we keep away from TOs, it’s hard to beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m very confident right now.  Neither Ravens or Texans have lived up to the preseason hype.  They are legit opponents, don’t get me wrong, but we have defended Lamar well in the past and the Texans offense hasn’t looked nearly as potent as many predicted so far.  

Jets are the more dangerous team of the 3 being a divisional foe, in their house, and Rodger’s seems to be getting his form back.  If that trend continues then I think he will be the more dangerous of the 3 QBs come week 6.  Not to mention, Rodger’s will probably be extra amped for this game against his buddy Josh and wanting to prove the Achilles injury is past him against the team he got hurt against.  

But I do believe we will enter the favorite in all 3 contests and I think we will be 5-0 going into that Jets game.  

My confidence level is high still in all 3 games.  Brady dismantled the Jets D last year and his offense looks even better so far through the first 3 weeks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m very confident right now.  Neither Ravens or Texans have lived up to the preseason hype.  They are legit opponents, don’t get me wrong, but we have defended Lamar well in the past and the Texans offense hasn’t looked nearly as potent as many predicted so far.  

Jets are the more dangerous team of the 3 being a divisional foe, in their house, and Rodger’s seems to be getting his form back.  If that trend continues then I think he will be the more dangerous of the 3 QBs come week 6.  Not to mention, Rodger’s will probably be extra amped for this game against his buddy Josh and wanting to prove the Achilles injury is past him against the team he got hurt against.  

But I do believe we will enter the favorite in all 3 contests and I think we will be 5-0 going into that Jets game.  

My confidence level is high still in all 3 games.  Brady dismantled the Jets D last year and his offense looks even better so far through the first 3 weeks.  

The advantage that we get over the Jets is that they will have just played a game in London the week before. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One game at a time for sure. But I feel like we are a dominant powerhouse this year! It seems to have come together nicely. Our "backups" on D are playing awesome and tough! Our D Line is for real so far and our Offense?!? Man, this is something special. Enjoy the ride! GO BILLS

Beat the Ravens. McD owns Lamar!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I'm nervous about the Jets game - I'll be in Italy and the game will be on at 2:30am, does not bode well for watching!  🤣 :beer: 

But I like our chances in all three of the games. If we keep playing like we have been, this will be a tough team to defeat...

I'll be in italy as well. Catania specifically.  I dont think there will be anywhere to watch it. Where will you be?

• Thank you (+1) 1