How are we feeling about the next 3 weeks?

GASabresIUFan

One game at a time

That said

josh Allen and this no name offense goes down and scores TDs - Lamar is no longer a threat and neither is henry

when they get behind they lose their strength - the run - Lamar the passer is NOT scary

But I digress

josh Allen is overrrrrr rated!!!!!

go bills 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

There is no question that the next 3 games are winnable, especially the way the team is playing, but….

It’s hard to win on the road. All three teams can’t afford a loss to the Bills even this early in the season and will give us their best effort.

That said.

1) at Raven: Sunday night:  Josh took a subtle shot at Lamar by calling him the 2 time MVP during a interview tonight.  Josh is going to super focused against the Ravens to show who is the better QB.  Ravens are 1-2 and their D has allowed 78 points and are 29th in QB pressure rate.  If they can’t get to Josh, the Bills should win.

2) at Houston:  This game scares me, but Houston has surprisingly struggled to score with only 55 in 3 games.  Collins, Dell and Diggs are great, but Minn showed how to beat them; stop the run and force the young QB to beat you.  Hard to do with our pass rush.  Stroud has already been sacked 11 times.  Mixon has an ankle injury and was out vs Minn.  If he is slowed or out, all the better.

3) at the NYJ:  Hall, Wilson etc… very scary weapons with a statute at QB.  Defense has key injuries especially upfront.  Get home on Rodgers should be the key.  If the Bills win, they take control if the division.

While this will be a test, My attitude right now is they should be more worried about us, this team , on both sides looks like they're on a different level than the rest of the league.  Excited to see them continue that against this competition 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Gregg said:

With the Dolphins QB situation looking like crap and the Pats rebuilding. It's a two-team race for the AFCE. Those 2 games against the Jets are going to be hyped up by the NY media. Allen and Rodgers with both being good teams.

the jets are not good. @Jimmy Spagnola and his fettuccini fanboys are going to be disappointed yet again. another effort to come up short. 

They play clean they can beat anybody.  The balance Buffalo possess is a real issue for defenses.  You play man we can beat that.  You play zone we can beat that.  You want to load the box we will throw it behind you.  You want to play 2 safeties deep?  We will pound it right at you.  They wont go undefeated but they are a very tough out.  

Baltimore is getting back to running.  I expect more Henry to setup Jackson and play action.  Real first test for Spector and Lewis.  Run fits, open field tackling, and middle of the field throws.  

• Like (+1) 1

All of these teams have good defenses. Physical teams. I feel like the Bills can beat any of them, though. The only thing that scares me is injuries. Especially with the Ravens getting Henry going again. That is a one man wrecking crew. Overall though, I think the Bills are playing chess while other teams are still playing checkers from coaching stand point and on both sides of the ball.

Ravens are physical on both side of the ball but I don't think they can keep up scoring points.

Houston feels like a team that is on the verge of breaking out. Stroud is a really good QB who just hasn't put it together yet as an NFL QB. They also have a legit defense.

The Jets have a real dangerous defense that is so good that Rogers really only has to be a game manager. Their offensive line is suspect though. I see this team as Buffalo's biggest threat. That defense is overly aggressive though and I think the Bills can exploit that.

Edited by Rockinon
  • Like (+1) 1

Thry could win every game or lose every game

Ravens have defense issues.

with Houston against Minnesota they were using their 3rd and 4th running backs.  They should have both backs for buffalo.

Houston has been overhyped this year when last year they went 7-3 in one score games last year. Stroud got noticed because some of those were 4 th quarter come backs.  As we say this year their 2 wins were by one score and losing teams had ball to take the lead late.

the Jets — they are the Jets…

• Agree 1

As long as we don’t start believing our own press clippings, we will be fine, 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It seems that McDermott has a good grasp on what Lamar and the Ravens like to do offensively

The Jets game is the one that scares me the most. We just don’t play well there most years. 

All 3 are AFC games and are important to tiebreaker scenarios 

Ravens will be the toughest with our defensive injuries I think…I trust mcd to put something together that gives stroud problems even if we don’t get anybody back by then.  Jets I have honestly no idea what’s gonna happen…their defense has looked a little shaky against the run when not playing the patriots 

The best thing about this schedule is that the Bills will have to take it one week at a time.  They know how good each opponent is and how critical each game is, especially the Jets.  

I expect them to be very focused against the Ravens.  They have won the last 2 against Lamar, but are 5-6 against the Ravens since 1999.  No real blowouts in the series except when we were demolished by Balt 47-3 in 2018.   

• Agree 1

Sean McDermott coming into the next three games:

Watchmen Im Not Locked In Here With You GIF by Legendary Entertainment

In all seriousness though, I think they're obviously challenges but the Bills have historically done well against Jackson and the Ravens.

Houston will be tough but pressure on Stroud will go a long way.

Sorry, I'm not a believer in the Jets just because they beat up on the Patriots. They'll need to do a lot more to get me overly concerned. Breece Hall is good though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Ravens game will be a big test for both teams. Don’t take the Jags destruction as an indication of total NFL dominance. The Bills are still vulnerable to a running team with an elusive QB. as the Cards showed in game one. Henry is still a beast and Flowers, and those 2 TEs are formidable. The question for Baltimore is can they defend Josh and the multiple weapons at his disposal. I’d love to have a healthy Taron and our starting MLB but the depth as played well. I like our chances if there is no damaging TOs.

• Agree 1

From my vantage point on Tuesday morning, 3-0.

But, it could be any combo.

In order of caliber:

1) Ravens are first up and the toughest. A slug fest in Baltimore. Will be back and forth. Bills have done it before with less.

2) The JESTS. They are certainly better and Rodgers is firing well. Another, knock ‘em downer.

3) The Texans. Bills are simply better! Beat them and the loudmouth silly.

Clearly the #1 Seed, if they emerge 6-0.

8 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

The Ravens game will be a big test for both teams. Don’t take the Jags destruction as an indication of total NFL dominance. The Bills are still vulnerable to a running team with an elusive QB. as the Cards showed in game one. Henry is still a beast and Flowers, and those 2 TEs are formidable. The question for Baltimore is can they defend Josh and the multiple weapons at his disposal. I’d love to have a healthy Taron and our starting MLB but the depth as played well. I like our chances if there is no damaging TOs.

i don't fear the Ravens as much as some. with williams being an efficient tackler and Spector being a fairly large dude combined with the difference between the rest of the our corps i think it is in our favor to let them take the brunt of this work against these guys to avoid the wear and tear vs. bernard and milano. it's almost ideal (assuming we win) that these guys get the tread.

with all of that being said we will see that henry has not truly lost a step. he is in as good of shape as ever and it shows in the later quarters when most others are tired. so if he builds up steam and the ball game is close they can consistently just use him to knock us around a little bit and set up play action. regardless, though, they can't keep up with us on offense because their defense is so glaringly weak. if we get to 27+ points there is no way they win.

they allow ridiculous amounts of passing and Shakir may have a career night against them. i don't think Cook will be as big of a factor.