How are we feeling about the next 3 weeks?

GASabresIUFan

The start of the season has been excellent but let’s temper it slightly. Two of the games have been at home and two of the three sides played have shown signs of being a bust this season due to their performances against others. Plus, last season, after a bad start against the Jets, the Bills put up 38,  37 and 48 between weeks two and four - then the offensive struggles started leading to Dorsey’s departure.

There is no London trip this year, and there is no question that the offense looks even better than the early run in 2023 but one week at a time. Baltimore, Houston and the Jets all look beatable, but they have the talent to beat the turnover the Bills too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re sitting here after week six on 6-0 or 3-3, quite frankly.

4 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I won’t be surprised if we are 6-0. Honestly the way we’re playing I expect it. I went into this year with no expectations but now I want it all. This is our year 

6-0 would be great but 3 road games in a row against good teams will be tough to pull off. Look at Houston. Everyone was talking about how the Texans and Stroud are poised to challenge the Chiefs. They are a good team but looked what happened this past Sunday in Minnesota. Every team will have ups and downs including the Bills.

After the TNF blowout of Miami, an announcer asked Josh about upcoming games.  He said immediately, Monday night against the Jags.  That's all.  Not looking ahead, just at the next game.  There is time after each game to prepare for the next one.  So we fans might be looking ahead but I hope the Bills aren't.  The only game on their schedule right now is against the Ravens on SNF. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gregg said:

6-0 would be great but 3 road games in a row against good teams will be tough to pull off. Look at Houston. Everyone was talking about how the Texans and Stroud are poised to challenge the Chiefs. They are a good team but looked what happened this past Sunday in Minnesota. Every team will have ups and downs including the Bills.

Gregg, this is TBD.  The Bills could be 5-1 after this stretch and that one loss….Fire McDermott.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Fixxxer said:

Super confident right now, last night was a good test because the Jaguars were 0-2 and were sort of deseperate for a win. It was not even close because the Bills were worried about themselves and the proper execution of the gameplan.

Next three weeks will be tough, moreso being road games, but I have confidence the Bills can beat all three.

The Ravens don't scare me, they didn't do anything special against the cowboys who looked like they have never seen a read option play before....Very undisciplined defense, unlike ours. Stopping King Henry will be key, Likely and Andrews can hurt you in the passing game. 

Houston has some fire power and it will be an emotional night, being this one the Diggs Bowl. Josh will want this one bad, we will see how the team responds. Tough defense but I believe we can score some points on them.

Jets, different game with Rodgers at the helm. Divisional game, that we must win. 

GO BILLLS!!!

Follow the Vikings defense blueprint against both the Texans and Niners, and we win both of those games.

I think we will be riding high and roll Baltimore. Josh laser focused on beating MVP Jackson.

I'm glad we go to Houston after Baltimore. Baltimore plays hard physical football but their defense is weak.

I think we will do enough to beat the Jets. But that'll be a tough one. 

Edited by boyst

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

I think we will be riding high and roll Baltimore. Josh laser focused on beating MVP Jackson.

I think we will do enough to beat the Jets.

Riidng 3 week high into Houston will be tough but it is possible. 

With the Dolphins QB situation looking like crap and the Pats rebuilding. It's a two-team race for the AFCE. Those 2 games against the Jets are going to be hyped up by the NY media. Allen and Rodgers with both being good teams.

Edited by Gregg

Unlike previous years, we have looked better with each successive game. We will not require 8 games of .500 ball to find ourselves. I think the Jets will be the most physical of these opponents but every game will be intense with a playoff level of competition. Our run game means keeping defenses honest and better ball security. These teams will not beat themselves like the Jaguars. We know we are good enough to beat anyone but humble enough not to get complacent 

I honestly see us running the table because I'm not certain that any of those teams will know how to defend us. 

This offense has displayed so much variety through the first 3 weeks that there hasn't really been an identifiable concept. Couple that with the fact that a majority of the weapons are new as well; I can see that being an advantage because defenses don't even know who to really try to account for.

The defense is doing an amazing job minus 3 of our top playmakers.

I might be overly optimistic but I'm also gonna enjoy the ride until I see a reason not to. 

• Thank you (+1) 2