Give some love to the big guys up front

Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

This was exactly my worry.  McGovern had been tried at center in Dallas and things did not go well.  But, horses for courses -- the Bills need different things from their center, and McGovern has what they need.  

I was worried that the departures and injuries would result in a down year for the Bills.  So happy to be wrong.

I wouldn't say that McGovern shot at center in Dallas was terrible .. he just didn't get enough reps for the NFL 

He literally was drafted to play center and then they had him play guard for years to where he really didn't get an off season as a center .. so anytime he got to play it was without a full camp as a center 

I knew with a whole off season training as a center he would be a machine.. I said multiple times here he will probably get a big contract that the bills cannot match.. he is one of the biggest centers in the NFL

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s amazing how many people still don’t understand how fundamentally more important the OL is to the offense over a flashy top tier WR.  

You better be tough, able to win in the trenches and be able to effectively run the ball if you want to advance and win in the postseason.  

Lol...apparently Beane didn't either. No first round OL and just two second round picks in 6 drafts. 90% of this board wanted Creed Humphrey when he had the chance to draft him.

He inherited Dawkins. He was right about Brown. So far Torrence looks good. A couple developmental guys provide excellent depth as well. 

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Dont you remember we were the offseason champs?  good times man

Led the league in rushing 3 years in a row... Rex and his brother destroyed a top 3 defense though

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

OL is looking great.  Even in years past, it seems that once they get going in the run game, they settle in.  It looks like Brady has really dialed into that mixing up the run and pass and keeping the OL going.  

Establishing the run is key for any offensive lines success... We're talking about thousands of pounds smashing into each other in the trenches 

Offensive lineman always want to be on the attack.. moving forward.. AKA run blocking 

Pass blocking technically has you on the defense.. you're going backwards while people are attacking you 

Just going out and calling 45 pass plays a game while having your big guys on their heels all game will not reap rewards... What does reap rewards is get the big guys doing what they want to do .. going forward and pushing in the run game... Letting them be the aggressors 

This lets them wear down the defensive line so when you start calling pass plays the rush is already semi neutralized from being pushed around 

A defensive line who just gets to pin their ears back and attack offensive lineman on their heels all game is a recipe for disaster

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And specifically let s give it up for Spencer Brown who has signed a nice contract where people doubted it's value 

What has he done? 

Turned into a stalwart right tackle.. who is the bane of defensive ends 

The lean mean machine.. he is long strong and in charge 

All pro right tackle in the making 

Currently the best OL in the game.

How about McGovern? Changing positions and clearly better than Mose and Edwards at LG, it's a beautiful sight!

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Currently the best OL in the game.

How about McGovern? Changing positions and clearly better than Mose and Edwards at LG, it's a beautiful sight!

I called it here as soon as it was announced 

I literally said he was going to be a pro bowl center he is just too big and strong.. he's now the biggest center in the league probably definitely top three

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I called it here as soon as it was announced 

I literally said he was going to be a pro bowl center he is just too big and strong.. he's now the biggest center in the league probably definitely top three

I didn't even know that , about his size for Cs but great call..

I was extremely high on Edwards even last year , he was phenomenal in his role as 6th ol last year 

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I didn't even know that , about his size for Cs but great call..

I was extremely high on Edwards even last year , he was phenomenal in his role as 6th ol last year 

Yes he was and our depth is very good at the inside oline

Creed Humphrey is considered a very large center on the Chiefs.. and McGovern has a solid 10-15 lb on him