Give some love to the big guys up front

Buffalo716

Brown has been great taking a bigger leap than ed oliver did when he got his contract last year.  But I want to focus on Dawkins.  Dude is playing just as awesome and is doing it very uniquely.  He wasnt crowding the line like other weeks (asking the ref if he was too far forward on a passing play) but he still had the huge splits.  He trusts his atheletcism and his technique.  He obviously wouldnt be lining up that way without Kromer and Brady's blessing.  cool that hes been going at it different than anyone else I can remember.

• Like (+1) 1

Dawkins - Edwards - McGovern - Torrence - Brown 

It’s locked in as your line next year, with some very promising developmental pieces waiting in the wings.

Anderson and Van Demark are two nice homegrown pieces, they’ve taken them from practice squad to active roster over the course of 3 seasons. Then you have 2024 draft picks Van-Pran Granger and Gable who have the luxury of getting to develop on the active roster with the chance at game reps each week. 

This is something I’m starting to become more impressed with from McDermott and his staff - they’re DEVELOPING players into contributing pieces over time. Primarily through their use of the practice squad and late round picks. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And specifically let s give it up for Spencer Brown who has signed a nice contract where people doubted it's value 

What has he done? 

Turned into a stalwart right tackle.. who is the bane of defensive ends 

The lean mean machine.. he is long strong and in charge 

All pro right tackle in the making 

100% It seems as though people forgot his rookie year and only remembered a year in which he was coming off a back surgery. Spencer Brown has had a damn good career minus an injury plagued year. 

The line is absolutely outstanding. The Jags have some GREAT players on their DL and they were sooo ineffective. Josh Allen, Walker, Armstead are all started for 20+ teams in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

The announcers mentioned that Buffalo had the best O Line in the league.

I thought I heard that. Anyone else hear that comment?

Beane has built us a great O-Line!

Now we see where Mitch Morse went - to Jax.

Repeatedly during game they were talking up all parts of Bills even kickers - I looking for strings on Kyle Brandt's puppets.

It’s amazing how many people still don’t understand how fundamentally more important the OL is to the offense over a flashy top tier WR.  

You better be tough, able to win in the trenches and be able to effectively run the ball if you want to advance and win in the postseason.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s amazing how many people still don’t understand how fundamentally more important the OL is to the offense over a flashy top tier WR.  

You better be tough, able to win in the trenches and be able to effectively run the ball if you want to advance and win in the postseason.  

OL including its depth - It is HARD for a new players to get integrated into OL and by having them in game active it will speed up process just like it has been for DBs.

Oh Alec needs a TD.

• Like (+1) 1

Really the only weakness on the line is run blocking up the middle. But you will sacrifice that in favor of excellent pass blocking all day in the modern NFL. Compare to the Chiefs who have excellent run blocking up the middle but are having issues in pass protection on the edges and their offense clearly has looked clunkier than ours through three games. Our pass protection is easily the 2nd biggest reason we are dominating every defense we play so far.

• Like (+1) 2

Amazing-  invest in and coach up the OL and Josh will making everyone better.  If he’s not pressured, he’s just gonna bide his time until someone gets open.  

I thought the Spencer Brown contract was a bit steep because I didn’t want to pay a RT big bucks and I have my doubts about him being healthy- but after 3 games it’s looking like a bargain.  Low guaranteed contract and he’s been stellar so far. 

I was one of his biggest critics after 2 seasons- I couldn’t be happier that Beane decided to stick with him.  Kromer and Brady have done a great job and he’s put in the work. 💪🏻 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, colin said:

he had the highest RAS of an OT ever measured, and was super raw coming out of a tiny school and having a season off when we drafted him.

if a guy has the want to and the smarts and dedication, he can be taught the skills to be an effective NFL OT.  being a giant ultra athletic man child of a human being cannot be taught, and i think the bear down and fight it out attitude is mostly innate as well.

In a sense, he's a bit of a Josh Allen at RT.  came out raw, people said his flaws were a deal breaker, but his raw talent was kinda shocking.  let's hope his career follows suit.

yeah there's always a couple plays every game where he absolutely mauls his man.  Like manhandles him like a child.  We finally have the bully that rex ryan was building 10 years ago!

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

yeah there's always a couple plays every game where he absolutely mauls his man.  Like manhandles him like a child.  We finally have the bully that rex ryan was building 10 years ago!

We finally have the bully that rex ryan was yapping about building 10 years ago!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, H2o said:

I was worried going into the season about our OL. Letting go of Morse, moving McGovern to Center, and inserting Edwards into the starting lineup seemed like a huge risk. This is looking like the best OL Josh has ever had through 3 weeks. 

This was exactly my worry.  McGovern had been tried at center in Dallas and things did not go well.  But, horses for courses -- the Bills need different things from their center, and McGovern has what they need.  

I was worried that the departures and injuries would result in a down year for the Bills.  So happy to be wrong.