Give some love to the big guys up front

Buffalo716

And specifically let s give it up for Spencer Brown who has signed a nice contract where people doubted it's value 

What has he done? 

Turned into a stalwart right tackle.. who is the bane of defensive ends 

The lean mean machine.. he is long strong and in charge 

All pro right tackle in the making 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The line has been VERY impressive so far. And when I watch almost every other game in the league and the line is torpedoing offenses left, right and centre.... it's impressive what the Bills group is doing. Pray they stay healthy and they keep Josh Allen clean because he is dealing. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2

I was worried going into the season about our OL. Letting go of Morse, moving McGovern to Center, and inserting Edwards into the starting lineup seemed like a huge risk. This is looking like the best OL Josh has ever had through 3 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

The announcers mentioned that Buffalo had the best O Line in the league.

I thought I heard that. Anyone else hear that comment?

Beane has built us a great O-Line!

Now we see where Mitch Morse went - to Jax.

Specifically, they said and was echoed in other venues, through the first two weeks, they were the #1 run defense and #1 pass defense in the NFL.  We have a top 3 O Line in the league and the main reason our offense is working so well.  Browns contract was worth it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

We stay healthy and by the end of the season, YES we will have the best OL in the NFL.  

Right now we are ranked #1 in pass pro.  I want to see us very high in Run Blocking.  It will come.

6 hours ago, julian said:

He’s becoming one of the best RT in football, zero pressures in three games I believe.

Thankfully Beane got this monster signed.

And he brings a nasty attitude which was missing from the team for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been a big Edwards guy for awhile and he has been very good so far. Hopefully, he stays healthy. McGovern at center just seems way more stout than Morse, and I was a big Morse guy. The rest of the line is just playing really well and Dion Dawkins continues to be super underrated. 

• Like (+1) 5

he had the highest RAS of an OT ever measured, and was super raw coming out of a tiny school and having a season off when we drafted him.

if a guy has the want to and the smarts and dedication, he can be taught the skills to be an effective NFL OT.  being a giant ultra athletic man child of a human being cannot be taught, and i think the bear down and fight it out attitude is mostly innate as well.

In a sense, he's a bit of a Josh Allen at RT.  came out raw, people said his flaws were a deal breaker, but his raw talent was kinda shocking.  let's hope his career follows suit.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

I've heard it in post game coverage too. I was worried Spencer Brown would regress after getting paid but if anything he's playing better.

And we're doing it with three draft picks too with SVP looking like a solid project player. It takes time to build a line. Often sliding in a big name free agent has limited benefit. It's been a slow steady churn and we are seeing the harvest from that.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

As the O-line goes, the offense goes, way to be big uglies !!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And specifically let s give it up for Spencer Brown who has signed a nice contract where people doubted it's value 

What has he done? 

Turned into a stalwart right tackle.. who is the bane of defensive ends 

The lean mean machine.. he is long strong and in charge 

All pro right tackle in the making 

Let's not forget about Kromer !! He was great the last time he was here and he did it with the Rams too . Beane & McD no matter what the haters say have had a plan all along & McD has been learning while on this trip ! I think he has put the right people in the right places to be successful but seeing as we live in a instant gratification type world some here wanted him gone .

I so badly hope that he makes all of them eat some much crow they puke on their own shoes !! He's one of the best in the business and when this team gets back to full strength & everybody is healthy i think the force will be with us !! 

I saw Millano & Bernard talking with Josh on the sideline when his night was done, when those guys come back with the way Von is playing in what is his actual light rotation this D will take another step up in the rankings & i feel it will be a the right time !!

GO BILLS !!!! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Really the one weakness of the Bills O line last year was power up the middle. When does that hurt? Late in games against Chris Jones. McG and Anderson at center can both anchor against stuff like that (Morse was light in the ass, SVP is more that mold too). Let's see how the Beane plan goes but so far as the season develops but so far so good. 

The thing I have liked about the two past wins, besides the blowouts, is the fact that the backup lineman, both offensive and defensive are getting live reps in games against other teams starters. 

I can’t echo how important that is for depth, confidence in,  and development. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1