Gabe Davis at end of game

49 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I wish Gabe nothing but success. Hard working, good dude that contributed to the Bills as a 4th rounder. 

Personally, I hope our fanbase moves on from the Diggs and Davis weekly tit for tat.

Right now those two players are more valuable to teams they are currently on than they would be to Buffalo.  Bills have a lot invested in Josh Allen and will be investing more in Josh Allen in future so they need to work on ensuring they have the best staff they can have in scouting department (rookie and veteran), WR coaching and health / fitness.  

I know Rusty Jones retired but I'd like they bring him in as a consultant.

3 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Looks like he was very welcomed back and well liked by all!

Gabe is a good dude from all reports. 

But I am so, so glad he's no longer on the team. It's one of the more stark examples in recent memory of addition by subtraction imo.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Possibly. I don't recall but it is the sort of noise I'd happily just cancel out so you may well be right. 

Yeah- she said some things about him not being used enough on social media. She was awful, but she went a little overboard with her replies.

Gabe was nothing but a great teammate and hard working kid for this team.  I’m glad he’s gone.  I wouldn’t even want him back for 1M a year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Dude was one of the reasons for Allen's INTs last year (communication issues) and seemed to have some attitude problems. Him and Diggs being gone have been wonderful for Allen this year. 

🎯🎯🎯 

Addition by subtraction 

Hope they parlay that Diggs pick into a stud rookie next year, wish them well but good riddance to both..

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

🎯🎯🎯 

Addition by subtraction 

Hope they parlay that Diggs pick into a stud rookie next year, wish them well but good riddance to both..

Agree. We can grab a solid to great receiver with one of our first three picks in the first two rounds next year and then get a couple other pieces to fix holes in the defense at safety, linebacker or defensive tackle. 

Probably just hurt.  Also probably pissed off and down that his team is now 0-3 and got embarrassed on MNF.  Nothin wrong with that. By all accounts Davis was a good teammate, loved here in the locker room, and looks like a chill cool dude.  I dont think he was a very good receiver but that has nothing to do with his character as a person.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Agree. We can grab a solid to great receiver with one of our first three picks in the first two rounds next year and then get a couple other pieces to fix holes in the defense at safety, linebacker or defensive tackle. 

For sure, they'll have so much flexibility next year w draft capital and cap space, but this past off season will likely go down as as Beanes best, with limited resources,  so many losses to top guys/captains,  he still found a way to provide a SB caliber team. This F.O, coaching staff and players just look like they're so in sync,  it's remarkable 

No one hates Gabe the person. He was a good dude and was made captain for a reason. It’s not his fault he’s a number 3 at best and we tried to make him a #2 after 1 great playoff game. Allen made him millions! He doesn’t get 1/4 of that bag with out Josh throwing him the ball. We were never resigning Gabe it didn’t matter the number.

The Poyer trashing is disgusting. The guy didn’t want to leave, we cut him! So he went to MIA where his yappy wife wanted to be to cash a check and retire into the sunset. Nothing wrong with that, he will be on the wall of fame at some point. He was very outgoing with his ex teammates before the game and spent plenty of time on the team bus after the game. Too many clowns trying to make an issue where there isn’t any.

The constant need for some Bills fans to trash ex Bills is ridiculous. 

Oh btw Diggs is a diva and were are better off without that cancer 😜

5 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Bills weren't going to be able to afford Gabe in Free Agency, $24MM guaranteed at signing.  Lots of $$ for a 45 reception 750 yard WR who only caught 55% of his targets. Beane made a business decision.

Yes. Beane has finally gotten shrewd. Get rid of Edmund, Gabe, Diggs.

they were great (minus Diggs last year) teammates and brought bills to relevancy (w Josh Allen) 

they served their purpose. But not good enough

1 hour ago, balln said:

Yes. Beane has finally gotten shrewd. Get rid of Edmund, Gabe, Diggs.

they were great (minus Diggs last year) teammates and brought bills to relevancy (w Josh Allen) 

they served their purpose. But not good enough

I think you can add Morse to that list.  His age and concussion history weren't promising. McGovern and Josh can hopefully be Kelly/Hull 2.0.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Davis never had attitude problems. He was beloved in the locker room and considered an A+ teammate. Did he and Josh struggle to be on the same page - especially in 2023? Yes. But that was nothing to do with attitude or approach. 

His injury was left shoulder and he did not look happy with it at all. Hope it is minor for his sake. 

Gabe will always go down as one of the strangest bills players for me. 

slow deep threat. Got game balls with no catches. Hard worker that didn’t seem to have the football IQ to be remotely qb friendly. 

you want to like the guy but he might’ve been the worst starter in the team too

Edited by NoSaint

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Still hated the way the fans tore into him on the sidelines after the Chiefs game. That was classless.

Davis deserved much better than that.

Oh give it a break.  You live on the other side of the country and are in the dark about what really happens on the sidelines.   You saw one clip where Gabe was going off and thought the fans must be mean to poor Gabe.   Gabe had been screaming at a few hecklers for years and hundreds of others were collateral damage to his rabbit ears.  It got to the point where even the bleeding hearts gave zero f*cks about his feelings.   He's got less class than school on Sunday.  You can't be screaming "go f*ck yourself" at hundreds of fans because some guy screamed "you gotta' catch that ball Gabe!".    And that's literally the stuff that would break him off.   People weren't f-bombing Gabe during games there is zero tolerance for that with security,  especially because player's families are mixed in there.  

So keep your ill-informed opinion on Gabe to yourself por favor. 😂

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Still classless. 

His teammates loved Gabe because he fought with the fans for them.   But he also just fought with fans because he hated the fans and wanted to take out his frustration on them.   So the fans behind the bench grew to dislike Gabe because he constantly disrespected everyone in the name of fighting with a few people getting on him about his drops.   And if the hecklers spoke to him during games the way he spoke to fans........barrages of f bombs..........they'd have been kicked out.

So basically, like @Mark Vader you also don't know sh!t about the situation.   

• Eyeroll 1