Gabe Davis at end of game

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Davis never had attitude problems. He was beloved in the locker room and considered an A+ teammate. Did he and Josh struggle to be on the same page - especially in 2023? Yes. But that was nothing to do with attitude or approach. 

His injury was left shoulder and he did not look happy with it at all. Hope it is minor for his sake. 

Wasn't it his mom who was an attitude issue?  I seem to remember hearing about tweets saying her son was not getting targeted and not treated right.  Was a bit like OBJ's dad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Wasn't it his mom who was an attitude issue?  I seem to remember hearing about tweets saying her son was not getting targeted and not treated right.  Was a bit like OBJ's dad.

Possibly. I don't recall but it is the sort of noise I'd happily just cancel out so you may well be right. 

7 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Dude was one of the reasons for Allen's INTs last year (communication issues) and seemed to have some attitude problems. Him and Diggs being gone have been wonderful for Allen this year. 

Yeah.  Gabe was all attitude 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, Process said:

Is there a reason we hate Gabe? Genuine question, not sure if I'm forgetting something he did or said etc. 

Guy was very productive for a 4th round pick and I view that pick as a success. No he's not a great starting WR, but that's on Beane for putting him in that position, not on Gabe. 

5th in team history in TD's over 4 year span. Not bad at all

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sometimes, when a player doesn’t perform to the standard that we want, we make stuff up to make them seem like a worse person ⬆️.

Gabe was a captain and, arguably, the hardest worker on the team. He brought it every week. He just isn’t a great WR. He’s a role player that we tried to make a featured piece. 

I've heard worse about Hamlin here, and he plays for us. Some people here thought he was just a pity starter, but there is no way people are saying that now.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

At least he was cool with his former teammates Pre-Game and I'd assume Post-Game as well, unlike Poyer.

I never noticed anything with Poyer... I was to busy jumping up and down lol.... did something happen or did he just walk off the field. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Attitude problems? Where do you get that?

His imagination.  Gabe Davis worked very hard when he was with Bills - during off-season and during season doing whatever Bills wanted/

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HiMark said:

5th in team history in TD's over 4 year span. Not bad at all

Gabe was a good WR for the Bills but his performance was inconsistent. 4 TDs in a playoff game and then he disappeared for weeks. But by all accounts he was a good teammate and he parlayed his work with the Bills into a 3 year deal of $39M with $24M guaranteed that the Bills were in no position to match because of cap limitations.

• Agree 1

3 games in and it seems pretty clear that Allen's play elevated Davis and not the other way around (I've been saying this for a while, but I think Davis actively hurt Allen with his choice routes consistently not being on the same page).

Add an injury to it and maybe the moment just got a bit too big for Davis. 

I don't feel bad for him, he got a big contract and he's set for life if he's smart. 

Davis was hurt in the last few minutes of the game. Hurried off the field with his shoulder hanging low. Went to the bench and he wasn’t moving his shoulder. Not sure why he was in the game at the end. Kirk Etienne and their first round draft pick WR were also in the game at the end????

7 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Dude was one of the reasons for Allen's INTs last year (communication issues) and seemed to have some attitude problems. Him and Diggs being gone have been wonderful for Allen this year. 

Had to rewatch the Hamlin pick to make sure it wasn’t Gabe running the wrong route 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Is there a reason we hate Gabe? Genuine question, not sure if I'm forgetting something he did or said etc. 

Guy was very productive for a 4th round pick and I view that pick as a success. No he's not a great starting WR, but that's on Beane for putting him in that position, not on Gabe. 

his character doesn’t justify the hate.

him and Allen might not have been on the same page on some throws like do you cut in or cut out on a route.  I don’t blameDavis for that.

davis is a decent WR and very good blocking WR. He’s not a #1. He can be a solid #2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

Had to rewatch the Hamlin pick to make sure it wasn’t Gabe running the wrong route 

It was a gawdawful throw that no NFL QB should ever miss that badly

• Like (+1) 1