Keon Coleman - benched 1st quarter for being late

rayray808

I havewanted this guy or somebody like him for years! 

A big,tall WR who can catch balls in the Wind, Rain & Snow of the back half of the Season & Playoffs. I don’t give a ***** whether he’s a second slower than some SEC Smurf! Only that he has the separation and vertical skills to haul in 17s passes!

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Cubanmist said:

Glad he was benched for being late.  Need to be held accountable.

By the way, whatever came about training with Andre Reed? Not sure if his game has improved in the slightest.

Who are you and why are you here?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is a non issue and he'll learn.  He won't repeat.

The bigger, more interesting thing is the BALLS of McD to bench him for the quarter.   I would think they had him very much in the game plan.   Takes a lot to bench him, making a statement and staying true to "team effort" etc.    Team above self.  Props to McD.

We have an amazing head coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Mea culpa, I'll be sure not to stray from the TSW Approved (tm) opinions any more.

You are upset cause people don’t agree with you?  People aren’t allowed to disagree?  Say your piece and take your beating like a man. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

@Nephilim17 told you it was likely discipline related.

You were right and I was wrong to say I doubt it.

Based on what I know of Keon, I thought he was a head-down and disciplined young man and that's why I doubted that he messed up and needed to be disciplined. That said, being late (hopefully a practice and not the game) is not ideal but not the worst offense either.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

You were right and I was wrong to say I doubt it.

Based on what I know of Keon, I thought he was a head-down and disciplined young man and that's why I doubted that he messed up and needed to be disciplined. That said, being late (hopefully a practice and not the game) is not ideal but not the worst offense either.

Yea I thought it was telling McD didn't want to get into whether it was a game or practice but did say he was impressed with the way Keon had handled it. Made me suspect this had happened in the week rather than on gameday. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I'm sorry, man, I had no idea you had such an attachment to McDermott. I'll make sure to moderate my criticisms in the future

Not possible, you fire everybody guys cannot help it! Maybe we just enjoy winning and perrenial plaoff appearances!