Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes: The changing of the guard?

Simon

13 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Than the answer is Mahomes. 

I feel like people are mixing up who is the best qb right now/going forward with who is the best team.  Chiefs are still the best team until proven otherwise because they have a mahomes level player on defense also.  Josh could be the best qb in the league and it still may not be enough to get past them.  

the chiefs defense has swooped in to rescue the team with much more regularity than mahomes as of late and for whatever reason they get none of the credit.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I feel like people are mixing up who is the best qb right now/going forward with who is the best team.  Chiefs are still the best team until proven otherwise because they have a mahomes level player on defense also.  Josh could be the best qb in the league and it still may not be enough to get past them.  

the chiefs defense has swooped in to rescue the team with much more regularity than mahomes as of late and for whatever reason they get none of the credit.  

Chris jones just as = pat mahommes in clutch performances to decide pivotal games / wins

Edited by balln
  • Agree 1

He’s taking what the defense gives him and letting his playmakers RAC. Very proud of how Josh and Joe Brady are running the offense and even more proud of McD to not interfere. I will say I think they need to keep the pedal on the metal. If they kept it going 3rd quarter Josh could’ve been on the beck the full 4th quarter. No mercy means no regret. MVP!

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Pat is the king of QBs till Josh takes his throne…but Josh is the best player in football and it isnt particularly close 

He's the best player in football, but not the best QB? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

As of this minute Allen is playing better. Stats wise at least. 

McDermott is a defense first HC. Yet, usually it's his defense costing the team postseason games. This team should have a defense on par with KC. Three weeks in they look good. However, I'll reserve judgement until the schedule gets tougher. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

No it’s NFL football where any greatness that’s associated with quarterbacks has to involve Superbowl appearances and Lombardi trophies. It may not be fair but that’s how quarterbacks are judged. That isn’t going to change anytime soon. 

I do get that - but I also think it's a lazy, casual-fan take when it comes to actually comparing who is a better QB.

Allen can outplay Mahomes every single weekend - by a lot - and people will still say, yeah, but those trophies. What is that really telling us about comparing the 2 players?  If that's always the trump card, what's the point of even comparing how they are TODAY, and how they are this season?  Allen could throw 50 TD's this season and Mahomes could throw 20, and it really still comes down to the rings?

To me, it's a team game. Mahomes has better coaches, and has had more players step up in the playoffs. I wouldn't trade Allen for Mahomes.

Edited by Success
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Give me a break… They barely won there there last 2 games … If it wasn’t for the refs and a dropped pass they’d be 1-2 right now… 

Some of you guys are kind of missing the point. Strip everything away for a moment.

You own an NFL team, the draft is tomorrow. You have every NFL player available to draft. Who are you picking #1 overall? Right now.

You may disagree...but for me it is Josh also. If KC, right now, wanted to straight up trade Mahomes for Josh, I'm not doing it. 

And for those that bring stats or the past into the conversation (in regards to playoffs/SB---while disregarding all context of course), here is a stat: Over the last 5 seasons, Josh Allen has 26 more touchdowns than Patrick Mahomes. Just FYI.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Don't care about sports shows or randos.

Just talking about the football being played right now.

I agree with your take.

No one is playing quarterback better than Josh Allen right now. 

He's QB1. Undisputed. No doubt about it. Not even close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This season, he has looked relaxed, in control and is throwing the ball very very fluidly. The shots of Brady also look like he is very calm and knows the plays to call. 

A text book could be written  about how to play QB with just today's plays. I don't use this word lightly, but the display was awesome. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Your delusional with this take, mahomes has rings and is clutch when it counts.

You are transported back to 2020 and given the choice of the following trades:

1) Mahomes for Allen

or

2) Chris Jones for Ed Oliver, Travis Kelce for Dawson Knox, and the Chiefs coaching staff for the Bills coaching staff

Which do you select?

Allen is the better QB, Mahomes is the more accomplished QB

It happened last year. The Chiefs and Mahomes haven't been the same since Bieniemy left; which sounds crazy but it's true. Kelce has lost a step but Rice is a very good WR1 but the team morphed into a running team and while they continue to win it's just a string of luck and an amazing defense. Their Defense took a step back though this year though (I think losing Sneed is hurting them). I'm not sure if it's because of the O-Line but their Offense is more about quick passes. I know teams are using the 2 shell defense against them meaning they should.... and that tells you a lot about Mahomes because teams are afraid to not play it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: the only thing I think Mahomes is better than Allen at is his deep throw accuracy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Hands down the best QB performance this weekend.

AFC player of the week can't go to a Bills player 3 weeks in a row though.

Going to Jayden Daniels for beating a sad Cincy team.  Maybe even Burrow since he didn't throw a pick and had 3 TDs and over 300.

Edited by The Wiz