Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes: The changing of the guard?

Simon

7 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

Simon, Simon, Simon.. You’re making a judgement based off of abstract terms. 

There is no greater expression of how good a QB is other than how many rings he has on his fingers. Brady has 7, Montana has 4 and Mahomes has 3.

Where’s the hardware?

So in your world Trent Dilfer > Josh Allen?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Or what you’re gonna ban me. What a loser take. What does Mahomes do better. Wins in the clutch. Historically and even this year, Mahomes wins close games. 

I question the bills fan who doesn't realize by now thay close game wins aren't a QB stat

• Agree 1

Forget Mahomes vs Allen. All things being equal, both have the talent and drive to win. Both were phenomenal in 2021 & 2023 playoff games.

The biggest concern is Spagnola/Reid vs McDermott. It's not close in the postseason. And I believe KC holds things back in regular season games because they know in the grand scheme of things...said game is meaningless. 

A QB can play great and yet still be letdown by coaching. That's Allen/McDermott postseason.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Forget Mahomes vs Allen.

Why would I forget Mahomes vs Allen in a thread titled Mahomes vs Allen?

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

Your delusional with this take 

Thanks for that informed detailed response on the current state of NFL quarterbacking.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I've thought this before and still do, but the reality is until the job gets done in February Mahomes is just going to have that hanging over Josh. It's not exactly fair as it's a team game but that's just how it is.

Kind of depends on their future trajectories to me…mahomes doesn’t have to play the chiefs defense in the playoffs and I think he’d have a ton of trouble if he did. The vibes are starting to get to the chiefs defense is carrying him a little bit.

So if we’re strictly talking best qb you’ve gotta normalize for that somehow imo. 

It’s way too nuanced of a conversation to have on a message board.

Josh is bigger, faster, stronger as someone else pointed out, their arms are probably equal. Comes down to decision making/ability to execute. josh is more of a risk taker while mahomes is more consistent. it’s really splitting hairs. 

4 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Geez this board. It’s September. Relax. We’ve been September Champs many times before only to fall short when it really counts. Let’s pump the brakes. It’s like amnesia every September. 

Who’s a better qb right now isn’t the same convo as which team is gonna go further this year as much as people want to pretend defense doesn’t exist 😂. Nobody is crowning the bills yet here 

josh has to be significantly better than mahomes to overcome that chiefs playoff defense

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

32 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

If it wasn’t for 13 seconds and a plethora of injuries Josh would have at least 1 Super Bowl 

Yeah unfortunately could and should don’t count. Great start to season split next 2 games and we are in great shape to win another division title and be in the running for #1 seed. However, everyone knows it is going to come down to the postseason and Allen getting over that Mahomes mountain if they face off in the playoffs.

I don’t understand why so many posters here fear change. Time exists bros.

Pat has the rings, yes, but there is no doubt whatsoever that Josh is moving so much better than any other QB in the league right now. As in today. Watch Pat last week, watch Josh now. Then watch all of the other middling QB play. One tape will stand out. Changing of the guard 100%, as title states 

• Agree 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Who’s a better qb right now isn’t the same convo as which team is gonna go further this year as much as people want to pretend defense doesn’t exist 😂. Nobody is crowning the bills yet here 

Fair. Allen is playing better right now for sure. That’s not what this thread is saying though. That’s the definition of crowning without winning anything. So my point still stands. 

45 minutes ago, Simon said:

They've been 1a and 1b for almost 5 years now, with Mahomes maintaining a slight edge.

But Josh Allen has passed Patrick Mahomes and is currently the best QB on planet Earth.

That is all.

Was this a trap to get lots of likes to boost your stats?  

Hahaha

Awesome post

45 minutes ago, Simon said:

They've been 1a and 1b for almost 5 years now, with Mahomes maintaining a slight edge.

But Josh Allen has passed Patrick Mahomes and is currently the best QB on planet Earth.

That is all.

Dumbest post and topoc of the year. Dear god man. Win a superboel and best him in the playoff first. You cant make this crap up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Paste from the comment section of the game article on The Athletic. (No way to know if this is a real Chiefs fan of course.)

Eric H.

· 1m ago

@John P. As a neutral chiefs fan I saw it coming. Sure they shedded some talent but they focused on building a more balanced roster. And as much as everyone (bills fans included) has ***** on McDermott he’s done an excellent job getting good defensive play while dealing with injuries. And of course Josh Allen is still a freak and should be on his way to back to back MVPs (should have won it last year and I don’t see any way he doesn’t win it this year unless he gets hurt). He’s better than Mahomes right now and it’s not particularly close.

4 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

That’s not what this thread is saying though.

It is EXACTLY what this thread is saying. REPEATEDLY.

I know because I am the one who started it.

So if you don't want to stay on-topic, go away.

• Like (+1) 1