Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes: The changing of the guard?

Simon

Just now, Simon said:

Joe Montana has more.

Is he better than Josh Alllen right now?

Well Joe is like 60 so probably not but yea I’d probably take Montana over Allen. Do people forget Montana is like a top 10 guy in this history of the game? 

This argument is legit the same as Aaron Rodgers/ Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady. For years people would say Rodgers and Manning were they best pure passers in the game while Brady just racked up SB titles 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

If it wasn’t for 13 seconds and a plethora of injuries Josh would have at least 1 Super Bowl 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Watching the playoff games between those teams , your takeaway was that Josh couldn't beat Mahomes?

13 seconds game, that's Josh's fault right?

Did someone say 13 seconds?

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Well Joe is like 60 so probably not but yea I’d probably take Montana over Allen. Do people forget Montana is like a top 10 guy in this history of the game? 

This argument is legit the same as Aaron Rodgers/ Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady. For years people would say Rodgers and Manning were they best pure passers in the game while Brady just racked up SB titles 

Different game back then too.. Apples to oranges..

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

You are simply not involved in the same discussion I'm having here.

I'm talking about right now. Today. At no other time.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

Let's wait until January before patting ourselves on the back too hard

It's got nothing to do with me; I'm just sitting back, watching and chuckling.

3 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

If Josh has a bad game next week you’ll flip.

What an ignorant post.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

If it wasn’t for 13 seconds and a plethora of injuries Josh would have at least 1 Super Bowl 

If it wasn't for McDermott, Josh would have at least 1 Super Bowl if we're being real. 

But I do think Josh is every bit as good as Mahomes. He has to beat him though in January. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

You are simply not involved in the same discussion I'm having here.

I'm talking about right now. Today. At no other time.

It's got nothing to do with me; I'm just watching and chuckling.

Okay he’s been great statistically yes but ***** ain’t won in September is what I’m saying 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

Did someone say 13 seconds?

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

There is 0 excuse to let a field goal with 13 seconds left... lol

Are you actually defending that debacle?

First of all, should have been less than 13 seconds because of a squib kick that never happened 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

“To be the man, you have to beat the man” - Ric Flair

Two years later, Ric lost his title Harley Race.  We are overdue.

Allen is better in regular season.  Mahomes is better in the playoffs.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm not talking about team results or about past performances. I'm talking about right now.

And it's not really all that close.

Mahomes will certainly find his rhythm and close the gap, but he has a ways to go before he's as good as Allen is right now.

People forget that wins and rings are a team stat not a QB stat.  The entire media just defaults to the lazy take oh Patrick is number one of course, then let's debate about the rest - without actually considering what plays he actually is or is not making.   If Josh actually were to change the default narrative of who is the best QB it would be one of his most impressive accomplishments.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

What an ignorant post

Simon, Simon, Simon.. You’re making a judgement based off of abstract terms. 

There is no greater expression of how good a QB is other than how many rings he has on his fingers. Brady has 7, Montana has 4 and Mahomes has 3.

Where’s the hardware?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Okay he’s been great statistically yes but ***** ain’t won in September is what I’m saying 

I don't care about statistics or what happens in the playoffs. I am talking about playing the position today. If you can't understand that, pick a different thread to be a contrarian about something that is not even being discussed by the OP.

Nobody on the planet is feeling the pocket, seeing the field and and delivering the ball like he is right now.

2 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

Simon, Simon, Simon.. You’re making a judgement based off of abstract terms. 

There is no greater expression of how good a QB is other than how many rings he has on his fingers. Brady has 7, Montana has 4 and Mahomes has 3.

Where’s the hardware?

That's not at all what I'm talking about.

You're making a fool mess and being ignorant in my only thread.

Go away.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I don't care about statistics or what happens in the playoffs. I am talking about playing the position today. If you can't understand that, pick a different thread to be a contrarian about something that is not even being discussed by the OP.

Nobody on the planet is feeling the pocket, seeing the field and and delivering the ball like he is right now.

Homie you’re the one who keeps responding to me. Seems like the subject is very 50/50 reading through this so I’m not being the only contrarian as you put it. Last time I checked I’m allowed to post if you create a topic and just because I share a different opinion than you doesn’t mean I should be shadowed banned off your thread lol 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Homie you’re the one who keeps responding to me. Seems like the subject is very 50/50 reading through this so I’m not being the only contrarian as you put it. Last time I checked I’m allowed to post if you create a topic and just because I share a different opinion than you doesn’t mean I should be shadowed banned off your thread lol 

Tell me what Mahomes is doing better right now and why.

If you don't want to have that discussion, go away. I won't ask again.

• Agree 1

Nothing wrong with being the #2 or #3 best QB, heck even a top 10 one.

Mahomes proved last year he was still the best. His WR group was subpar, & he still got it done. 

Remember, not only in this forum, but the national narrative was " he has all the weapons, who couldn't win with that?"