Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes: The changing of the guard?

Simon

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Or maybe, Any Given Sunday, and you shouldn't build theories around random events. 

2 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

An all timer would score a TD on the final drive we had vs KC.

I agree, you shouldn't build theories around single play high variance events.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

I've thought he was better than Mahomes for a few seasons now - it's just that it's more obvious this season.  

Kelce has slowed down, and Mahomes can't adjust.  Allen works w/ whoever he has.

Well, of course you think that. Most unbiased fans don't. 

One QB is more dialed in because he has a lot more to prove. The other has nothing to prove and is facing much better teams. 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Probably a few times, yeah.

Really think about what you're saying here. Your argument boils down to nothing matters other than the QB. You recognize that makes exactly zero sense, right?

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You're boiling my argument down to nothing else matters but QB and that drive had plenty of opportunities outside of one play. Hell, with the fumble he was lucky to even get to that play. 

35 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

One QB is more dialed in because he has a lot more to prove. The other has nothing to prove and is facing much better teams. 

Spin it however you want.  I'd amend your comment above - I wouldn't say "unbiased" fans. I'd say "casual."

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eli manning beats Brady twice in the Super Bowl- 'don't build theories around random events'

Mahomes beats Allen three times in the playoffs- 'derp Mahomes better'

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

You mean the Chiefs who's combined opponents are also two wins and seven losses? 

The team that has needed to get bailed out? 

Josh has played teams with a combined record of 2 and 7 and he's high-fiving teammates and sitting on the bench in the fourth quarter.. not trying for a last second win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, skibum said:

Gotta have at least one championship before we can start talking about changing of the guard. Come on.  

Yes because everybody knows super bowls is a quarterback stat not a team stat 

Dan Marino was widely considered the greatest quarterback of all time before Brady and he never won a super bowl

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

If you put Allen on the Chiefs and Mahomes on the Bills, then it would be Allen with the Super Bowl wins and Mahomes would still be trying to get to a Super Bowl. The Chiefs have a better HC and DC than the Bills. The Chiefs players around Mahomes step up in the big moments. The Bills players (specifically the defense) have not up to this point. That is difference between the two QB's. As great as Allen is he alone can't get the Bills to the Super Bowl. Same for Mahomes.

Allen missed two key throws on the last drive in the last matchup vs. KC in the playoffs. That’s the difference. Both are great but Mahomes always make THE play to get his team over the jump every time 

• Dislike 1