Josh Allen vs Patrick Mahomes: The changing of the guard?

Simon

They've been 1a and 1b for almost 5 years now, with Mahomes maintaining a slight edge.

But Josh Allen has passed Patrick Mahomes and is currently the best QB on planet Earth.

That is all.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 31
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

I've thought this before and still do, but the reality is until the job gets done in February Mahomes is just going to have that hanging over Josh. It's not exactly fair as it's a team game but that's just how it is.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 23

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

If it wasn’t for 13 seconds and a plethora of injuries Josh would have at least 1 Super Bowl 

Im not arguing that Josh isn’t on the same level he is, but Mahomes has 3 trophies and Allen doesn’t.  Mahomes also made plays in that 13 seconds game and took his team down and won it in OT. There is no guarantee if the Bills had all their guys last year they win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I've thought this before and still do, but the reality is until the job gets done in February Mahomes is just going to have that hanging over Josh.

I'm not talking about team results or about past performances. I'm talking about right now.

And it's not really all that close.

Mahomes will certainly find his rhythm and close the gap, but he has a ways to go before he's as good as Allen is right now.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Im not arguing that Josh isn’t on the same level he is, but Mahomes has 3 trophies and Allen doesn’t.

Joe Montana has more.

Is he better than Josh Alllen right now?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm not talking about team results or about past performances. I'm talking about right now.

And it's not really all that close.

Mahomes will certainly find his rhythm and close the gap, but he has a ways to go before he's as good as Allen is right now.

If Josh has a bad game next week you’ll flip.