Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Watching ESPN, you would think the Commanders are the only team that mattered tonight. I haven't seen one mention of the Bills and their game

2 minutes ago, Skyline Chili said:

I know. WTH?

They talked all about the Bills while the Commanders game was still being played and then switched to post game Commanders/Cinci coverage after it ended. It will balance back out in about 15 minutes.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Watching ESPN, you would think the Commanders are the only team that mattered tonight. I haven't seen one mention of the Bills and their game

Good.  

The league needs the Commanders to be relevant again.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Listening to post game WGR callers is worse than watching ESPN

It’s close. Ryan Clark running around in a bengals jump suit. Who is an absolute Josh hater

or Wgr calls

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Gabe Davis 🤣🤣🤣 

Allen really is getting these mid wrs getting paid big $

I think when it’s all said and done. We will see how much of a JAG / 4th rd nfl receiver gave is 

in terms of character / team mate and blocker he’s off the charts and the bills got the most out of him / definitely out produced his draft slot 

• Like (+1) 1

Watching the Bills right now just FEELS different. 

Both the tangibles (scheme, execution, crispness, fundamentals, creativity) and the intangibles (fun, smiles, vibes, team chemistry) are night and day different from last season.

Josh Allen hasn't looked this good since 2020. From his mechanics, to the way he's throwing the football, to his command of the offense, to the big smiles and fun he's having out there. He is winning with his brain so often that he doesn't need to put on the Superman cape quite so often. This may be the BEST we have ever seen Josh Allen look, and that's a scary thought for the rest of the NFL. MVP is his to lose right now.

It seems like every week you see a new history making stat or accomplishment from him. Tonight, he was the first player ever to complete 75% of his passes, score 4 TDs, commit no turnovers, and lead his team in rushing all in one game. No one has ever done that before, ever. Astonishing. 

Part of the reason he looks so good this year is the EXCELLENT scheming of Joe Brady, who has surpassed my wildest expectations thus far. The Bills are FINALLY scheming WRs open. They're FINALLY giving Josh pre-snap answers and Easy Buttons regularly. They're FINALLY giving him REAL help. It's a sight for sore eyes.

On top of the great scheming, on top of the All World QB play, our offensive line is playing out of its mind.

On top of all THAT, for the millionth year in a row, our MASH unit defense is playing great football. Missing Milano, Bernard, and Johnson, and they're still going out there and making teams look silly. Hamlin, Spector, Ingram, Lewis...whoever. It's "next man up" and "do your one eleventh".

Coaching. Offense. Defense. Quarterback play. Vibes. Everything's humming right now. Bills look like the best team in the National Football League. Fun Monday night.

GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, balln said:

It’s close. Ryan Clark running around in a bengals jump suit. Who is an absolute Josh hater

or Wgr calls

haha he is definitely feeling himself a bit too much these days. I had to turn it off during his Commanders coverage. But theyre back to talking about the Bills.

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have to say that I was pretty annoyed with that hit to the knees of Shakir. The defender was at least a yard in the end zone and the play was basically over. Pretty dangerous, because the runner is probably going to slightly let up going across the goal line too.

I thought so live also.

But the replay made it look less bad.

He was sort of fighting off a block and trying to get to the goalline to defend it.

Too much happening too fast to give him hell, imo.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I thought so live also.

But the replay made it look less bad.

He was sort of fighting off a block and trying to get to the goalline to defend it.

Too much happening too fast to give him hell, imo.

Agreed, looked real bad in real time, and I was relieved when Shakir popped right back up. But the defender was already down on his knees and just lunged forward to try to defend the goal line.

Side note: Shakir takes some HUGE hits.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed, looked real bad in real time, and I was relieved when Shakir popped right back up. But the defender was already down on his knees and just lunged forward to try to defend the goal line.

I was cussing at the guy before Shakir popped up. :blush: