Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

It is, but it gives a general baseline to, at least, track a players performance over time. 

Dodson graded out well all the time last year as a starter because we only played him in run downs... Dorian Williams looked like he was out there quite a bit on passing downs.  If he's getting that figured out, he has all the making of a stud linebacker.  

I just think their formula or whatever they use is extremely flawed.  Ed Oliver wasn’t even in the top 30 DT’s last season.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I keep seeing this but - on the Kincaid touchdown it sure looked like he surrendered a pressure (against Walker), then Walker tried to bait the ref into throwing a flag for holding.  

I thought after Walker’s initial surge Brown had stopped him dead in his tracks so much so that Walker was spinning while stationary and had his back to Brown and Josh.

20 hours ago, The Helmet of said:

Diggs is a hater. Diggs is about Diggs.  Who sh*ts on their MVP teammate?

He better be right if he’s gonna make a tweet like that and it is looking wrong 🤣 must sting extra because his team got absolutely throttled this week with him getting a bulk of the targets 

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

Mahomes can roll out to that left side, pump-fake to create space, reset, and throw with pretty good accuracy. Strange how mobile and slippery that dude is with that bizarre waddle he has when jogging around the field.

Mahomes is the son of a former MLB player, was a talented HS pitcher who could hit, suspect his arm flexibility comes from his baseball days.

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Mahomes is the son of a former MLB player, was a talented HS pitcher who could hit, suspect his arm flexibility comes from his baseball days.

Of course, Mahomes is pretty effective throwing off platform with odd arm angles and he is not a "strider" to quote Cossel.

When Cossel was talking about the Jag's Lawrence he said one thing he thought worked against him is that he takes long strides when moving around and setting up his base to throw. Mahomes (and Allen) move around the pocket, escape pressure with shorter "choppy" steps where they can stay under control and quickly reset to make a throw.

Never thought much about it till I was watching Lawrence last night and he did have a bit of a giraffe quality to the way he moved around.

I have to eat crow on Tyler Bass. I called him out for the missed XP. Having now seen the All-22 of the play, it wasn't on him. The kick was high enough. Tylan Grable got walked back on his block and his man got leverage to jump up and get a handle on the ball. With that in mind Bass has only truly missed one kick so far this season and I think on that one he slipped or never got his footing right. He has been sufficient this season. Still don't trust him in a critical moment but he isn't actively hurting the team right now.