Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

This is why PFF is ******* stupid. Allen put up a nearly perfect performance, but only graded out at 83.1 and our 4th highest grade?  

It is, but it gives a general baseline to, at least, track a players performance over time. 

Dodson graded out well all the time last year as a starter because we only played him in run downs... Dorian Williams looked like he was out there quite a bit on passing downs.  If he's getting that figured out, he has all the making of a stud linebacker.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The player vote was definitely motivated by ‘how can he talk so much sh*t when he hasn’t won anything’ lol. I don’t think anyone that voted him most overrated genuinely believed it without factoring that in 

Could be.

Could also be they haven’t watched him or played against him, yet they have an opinion of him.

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It is, but it gives a general baseline to, at least, track a players performance over time. 

Dodson graded out well all the time last year as a starter because we only played him in run downs... Dorian Williams looked like he was out there quite a bit on passing downs.  If he's getting that figured out, he has all the making of a stud linebacker.  

I didn't focus on him so this could be off, but I did see fewer plays where he over-ran the tackle.

12 hours ago, Special K said:

The throw to Kincaid in the back of the End Zone was Classic Josh, but seeing the replay of the TD throw to Ty Johnson from behind Josh Allen....wow.....that was the throw of the night for me!!

Yeah - I really liked that as one more thing Allen could add to his impressive arsenal of moves is being able to exploit coverage while moving to his left.

Everyone knows he can be lethal extending plays to his right, but that movement to the left is a lot more unnatural for a right-handed QB and stresses the throwing motion, but it is something that I think Mahomes does a good job with. Mahomes can roll out to that left side, pump-fake to create space, reset, and throw with pretty good accuracy. Strange how mobile and slippery that dude is with that bizarre waddle he has when jogging around the field.

But last night I did not see Allen reset his base for that throw, he just tossed it in stride and the accuracy on that little wrist toss was unreal. It was a thing of beauty hitting Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There honestly isn't anything better than a prime time game in Buffalo.  The energy was off the charts last night.

We were up by 31 by halftime and the energy didn't die.  All the fans stayed standing.  

My son got a football from Ray Davis.  We made it on TV on ESPN right before kickoff....my son's PE teacher text me that she just saw us and then sent us the clip.

Every home game I have taken my son to, he gets free gifts from these amazing Bills fan.  He has received a Bills beach towel, a mini football, a padded sleeve from Cam Lewis, a football from Ray Davis, a trainer last game gave my son Josh Allen's hand towel, John Fina played catch with him yesterday.  Every time we go, he's treated like he's a family member from everyone around.

These are memories he will carry with him the rest of his life.  He loves Buffalo.  He just wants to see the sun because he doesn't think it exists up here.  This was our 4th home game and it's been overcast/rainy every single time.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

43 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

This is why PFF is ******* stupid. Allen put up a nearly perfect performance, but only graded out at 83.1 and our 4th highest grade?  

Gotta watch the tape and all views. There may have been throws he didn’t make that were open. And then a near INT in red zone when they kicked FG. Knocks his grade down. Trust the process

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The player vote was definitely motivated by ‘how can he talk so much sh*t when he hasn’t won anything’ lol. I don’t think anyone that voted him most overrated genuinely believed it without factoring that in 

No , that’s not it . If that were the case, then only 3 QBs in the last 10 years (longer than most current players have been in the league) could talk s**t -and two of them are retired. Rather, it’s about some players doubling down on their narratives and there are other deep seated influences at work here. Things that have nothing to do with what happens or happened on a football field. 

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

My favorite play of the night:

Allen on 2nd and 10 from the Jags 12 or so sliding well short of the 1st down and protecting himself in what was at that point a garbage time drive. Our boy has come so far in his journey to understand that while a 6th straight touchdown drive would be cool; keeping yourself safe for the next game is far more important at that point.

I told my wife that Jax didnt earn the right to be hurdled on that play.

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Don't look at the PFF grades for the opener where they had Kyler (75.6) with a higher grade than Josh (75.1).

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2024/9/11/24241720/cardinals-week-1-pff-grades-and-observations#:~:text=QB%3A,Kyler Murray —- 75.6

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-why-your-nfl-team-won-lost-week-1-2024-nfl-season#:~:text=Buffalo Bills 34%2C Arizona Cardinals,a 75.1 PFF overall grade.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Ok! 👀 

damn it. why do i smell like someone is baking some crow?

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We just met Daryl Talley now too.

Talley.jpg

he would take you in a fight. you pansy.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There honestly isn't anything better than a prime time game in Buffalo.  The energy was off the charts last night.

We were up by 31 by halftime and the energy didn't die.  All the fans stayed standing.  

My son got a football from Ray Davis.  We made it on TV on ESPN right before kickoff....my son's PE teacher text me that she just saw us and then sent us the clip.

Every home game I have taken my son to, he gets free gifts from these amazing Bills fan.  He has received a Bills beach towel, a mini football, a padded sleeve from Cam Lewis, a football from Ray Hancock, a trainer last game gave my son Josh Allen's hand towel, John Fina played catch with him yesterday.  Every time we go, he's treated like he's a family member from everyone around.

These are memories he will carry with him the rest of his life.  He loves Buffalo.  He just wants to see the sun because he doesn't think it exists up here.  This was our 4th home game and it's been overcast/rainy every single time.

pics?