Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

How can anyone believe Josh is overrated with plays like this?  That is an incredible throw to that small of a spot.

I guess he “used to bullseye womp rats back home in his T16”.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

How can anyone believe Josh is overrated with plays like this?  That is an incredible throw to that small of a spot.

The rusher wasn't even a fleeting thought in his mind was he? I've watched this throw a few times today and it's up there as one of my favourite Joshua Patrick Allen plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Because the Bills fall short in the playoffs. Not Allen's fault as the defense has been the main reason. Fair or not (it's not) that is how the media and many fans around the league look at it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Just rewatching the first drive to get to that, but holy crap did Brady find a tendency. Take a look at that Shakir 4th down conversion, he goes into orbit motion. Crosses from right to left then circles back behind Allen. #22 Jarrian Jones I think, follows him right to left then follows the orbit back. At the snap, Shakir plants and swings to the left flat. Jones continues to the right and covers the hell out of the 40 yard line that's painted on the turf. Next play they go right back to it, Shakir motions from wide into the line, plants and reverses for an easy button throw and chunks of YAC. This is what we used to call "game-planning."

On to the kick. Jags double on the RG who is McGovern (because Ferguson is LS) and BLOW him into the backfield. #95 from the A gap gets a step or two forward and SKIES and gets a hand on the kick. Kick looked fine, they just caved McGovern at RG and made a nice block. RG is the key position for Bass because he wants to kick from the left hash.

It's interesting that kickers who align from the center (like Koo) have an inherent advantage preventing middle blocks because you can't rush the long snapper like that. Bass' alignment means the RG is right where the ball will go and that time it cost him.

The whole first drive Brady used motion to manufacture mismatch and advantage.

Watching plays develop off of the motion plays was great from the upper deck. Josh did a great job identifying the mismatch’s and making the jags pay.  Such great game planning by Brady and great execution by the QB and the remainder of the offense.  Offensive line had an outstanding game allowing plays to develop and keeping Josh clean, they were a huge part of the win.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

This is the first time in Allen’s career that players are being schemed open consistently, and these are the results. 
Mahomes has had this sort of offense his entire career for comparison.

It looks easy.  And to his credit, Allen is playing within the design of the offense and only improvising when it breaks down.  That was my biggest question about this offense: will Josh stay patient and be content to pick up 3, 5, and 7 yards per play or will he hunt big plays.  So far the scheme has worked brilliantly to consistently give him high quality looks and open men and when it hasn't worked, Allen delivers off script brilliance.  

Much credit goes to Joe Brady and I give Josh a ton of credit for taking his game to the next level.  Allen is playing with the ruthless efficiency of Tom Brady while reserving the option to run over a linebacker for a first down when needed.  Allen and the offense look virtually unstoppable through 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Simon said:

He's been outstanding.

I did not think he'd ever be a good enough athlete to stand out there on his own.

You know I love you and I'm just busting your balls, but I do recall pointing out to you that he was literally one of the top 5 most athletic O-linemen ever drafted... Ever. It was just a matter of development on technique and staying healthy.

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 1

As for the other QB last night, he's looking like a bigger but not better Bryce Young. Ok so maybe not that bad but he has lost his last 8 starts. All that for a quarter billion bucks.  Wow. There are some sad franchises out there with very expensive seriously underperforming QBs.

On a positive note Jalon Daniels looks every bit a franchise guy. What a crapshoot drafting QBs is.

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

The rusher wasn't even a fleeting thought in his mind was he? I've watched this throw a few times today and it's up there as one of my favourite Joshua Patrick Allen plays. 

we just say Josh Allen

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I like Josh’s reference to “two-time MVP Lamar”… no question that that stuff motivates Josh.

I caught that too and wondered if others would.  It was definitely intentional…and I love it.

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

The player vote was definitely motivated by ‘how can he talk so much sh*t when he hasn’t won anything’ lol. I don’t think anyone that voted him most overrated genuinely believed it without factoring that in 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

The whole first drive Brady used motion to manufacture mismatch and advantage.

Watching plays develop off of the motion plays was great from the upper deck. Josh did a great job identifying the mismatch’s and making the jags pay.  Such great game planning by Brady and great execution by the QB and the remainder of the offense.  Offensive line had an outstanding game allowing plays to develop and keeping Josh clean, they were a huge part of the win.

It makes me so mad that Dorsey almost completely refused to use motion.  The amount of pre-snap information that gives a quarterback is insane.  It’s almost as if he either (a) thought Josh was good enough to succeed without it, or (b) didn’t think Josh was smart enough to process it.  He was almost right about the first one — most quarterbacks couldn’t have done what Josh did with such limited information — but he was dead wrong about the second one.

The other thing is that we have SO many weapons.  Besides the fact that ten different players caught passes, six touchdowns were scored yesterday by six different offensive players, and none of them was named Josh Allen (or Stefon Diggs or Gabe Davis, for that matter).  Think about that for a minute.  Plus besides himself, Allen still had Samuel, Hollins, and Knox as options.

My son texted me after the game with just four words:  “This is the team.”  I don’t think he’s wrong.

• Agree 2