Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

One of the more insane throws by any QB this season. So much anticipation and ball placement on that throw. 

It's wild how bad Dorsey ended up being ultimately, because he looked way worse with arguably better pieces.  Brady is playing to the strengths of every guy out there and it really, really shows.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Figster said:

Brady, Babbage statement games as coordinators. One of the best coached, best played games of the season in the NFL.

MERCY!!!!! 

So Jax likes to run a lot of man, and Brady comes out play-actioning them to death. Haven't see that much since 2021.

1) Play-action to make 'em hesitate

2) Get separation

3) ????

4) Profit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I’m traveling overseas and was unable to watch. Allen was unreal from what I read here - and I’m not surprised. 

How did Von Miller look? What about the LBs. obviously I heard the defense played well. Who stood out the most on defense?

thanks!!

The LB’s looked good in general. Von had a nice sack on Lawrence, where he ran him down from behind.  

Groot is a beast, Epenesa, Oliver etc all made plays.  Benford has been making plays all season so far, including last night.   Strong team defense. 

• Agree 1

Great all around team win! A couple questions:

Injuries: Is Cook okay? ESPN showed him grimacing on his last run as he pulled up out of bounds. Grable only played three snaps but left due to an injury. Replays should Josh not using his left hand for hand offs. Guy is playing great but makes me wonder if he has a fractured finger.

Xtra point: Any replays of the blocked xtra point attempt? Looked like bad blocking but haven’t seen any video. Great to see Bass have a solid game after the initial block.

2 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Great all around team win! A couple questions:

Injuries: Is Cook okay? ESPN showed him grimacing on his last run as he pulled up out of bounds. Grable only played three snaps but left due to an injury. Replays should Josh not using his left hand for hand offs. Guy is playing great but makes me wonder if he has a fractured finger.

Xtra point: Any replays of the blocked xtra point attempt? Looked like bad blocking but haven’t seen any video. Great to see Bass have a solid game after the initial block.

Josh probably does have a decently serious injury on that hand.  He's just an absolute monster.  The fact he played out the last half of the season two years ago with a partially torn UCL in his throwing arm is absurd.  

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

I had doubts with Spencer Brown and he was an area of concern for me going into the season.

So much inconsistency last year and regression especially in pass pro.  I thought that was understandable with the back issues and time missed, but I was not sure what we would see this year.

I will gladly eat crow.

The big man is playing at a high level.

There are so many players on this team that there were doubts and concerns. Brown is just one one of them. Instead what we are seeing is a bunch of young players coming into their own.

8 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Just rewatching the first drive to get to that, but holy crap did Brady find a tendency. Take a look at that Shakir 4th down conversion, he goes into orbit motion. Crosses from right to left then circles back behind Allen. #22 Jarrian Jones I think, follows him right to left then follows the orbit back. At the snap, Shakir plants and swings to the left flat. Jones continues to the right and covers the hell out of the 40 yard line that's painted on the turf. Next play they go right back to it, Shakir motions from wide into the line, plants and reverses for an easy button throw and chunks of YAC. This is what we used to call "game-planning."

On to the kick. Jags double on the RG who is McGovern (because Ferguson is LS) and BLOW him into the backfield. #95 from the A gap gets a step or two forward and SKIES and gets a hand on the kick. Kick looked fine, they just caved McGovern at RG and made a nice block. RG is the key position for Bass because he wants to kick from the left hash.

It's interesting that kickers who align from the center (like Koo) have an inherent advantage preventing middle blocks because you can't rush the long snapper like that. Bass' alignment means the RG is right where the ball will go and that time it cost him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DD4Bills said:

Yep. My immediate reaction was to wince and look away, so was happy to see him pop up with no apparent issues.

Looking at the replay, Keon should be thankful that Khalil wasn't hurt, because he just stopped blocking that defender in the end zone and let him come forward to make that hit. If Keon stay on his block, Khalil doesn't get touched at the goal line.

I think that hand was hurting him a bit more last night. Sliding when he has the yards he needs (which I love) and avoiding the big hit. Saw a few hand-offs to his right using his right hand and not his left hand (or both). And slapping his thigh with his right hand when breaking the huddle instead of clapping. But even with all of that, he absolutely balled out. This dude is a freakin' warrior.

It definitely was impacting.  Even when trying to hug teammates, he was not doing his usual bear hug.   

10 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Fowler is the best!  

Was a tough game for the color commentary because there was so little to talk about. I was getting quite a bit tired of hearing about TR's need for "Clarity"

Love Fowler! I believe that was his first time in Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Just rewatching the first drive to get to that, but holy crap did Brady find a tendency. Take a look at that Shakir 4th down conversion, he goes into orbit motion. Crosses from right to left then circles back behind Allen. #22 Jarrian Jones I think, follows him right to left then follows the orbit back. At the snap, Shakir plants and swings to the left flat. Jones continues to the right and covers the hell out of the 40 yard line that's painted on the turf. Next play they go right back to it, Shakir motions from wide into the line, plants and reverses for an easy button throw and chunks of YAC. This is what we used to call "game-planning."

On to the kick. Jags double on the RG who is McGovern (because Ferguson is LS) and BLOW him into the backfield. #95 from the A gap gets a step or two forward and SKIES and gets a hand on the kick. Kick looked fine, they just caved McGovern at RG and made a nice block. RG is the key position for Bass because he wants to kick from the left hash.

It's interesting that kickers who align from the center (like Koo) have an inherent advantage preventing middle blocks because you can't rush the long snapper like that. Bass' alignment means the RG is right where the ball will go and that time it cost him.

Just saw a video on the Jags site of the block xtra point. You are correct our RG got blown up which led to the block. Like really blown up!

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Simon said:

lol, Pat's Handcam....

Imagine the scrutiny on display every play when he signals everybody to huddle up!

image.png.7104934057aeec10772d7742552b8520.png

ESPN would have a window open 24/7 with live feed from the Handcam.  Every Sportscenter hour and talking head show would start with the thought provoking question "Mahomes - bravest human in last century, or human history?"  Candles would be lit in his name

• Like (+1) 1