Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Don't forget the other perfect pass to James Cook.... which he promptly dropped.

Cook has been great, but my god does he drop a lot of TD passes.

It's uncanny near the goalline, to the point where it could become a mental block. :ph34r:

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

Don't forget the other perfect pass to James Cook.... which he promptly dropped.

Cook has been great, but my god does he drop a lot of TD passes.

That was a perfect pass that went right through his hands. Not the kind of ball that a lot of RBs generally get thrown, though... so I can forgive him...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Special K said:

The throw to Kincaid in the back of the End Zone was Classic Josh, but seeing the replay of the TD throw to Ty Johnson from behind Josh Allen....wow.....that was the throw of the night for me!!

That throw to Kincaid was brilliant, but methinks there might have been just a smidgeon of holding by Spencer Brown to allow it.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Speaking from personal and family experience, some broken bones in the hand can be much more straightforward to heal than torn tendons.  So it doesn't have to be broken to be a problem.

I thought it seemed like it might be a reallllllly deep bruise around the top of his palm that was going to have pain and swelling for a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Is Spector good? 2 straight game’s incredible defense. Maybe these 2 LBs are good?

LB is a plug and play position... Same with safety. As long as you don't have truly awful players in those spots you're fine. Football is still played primarily on the edges and on the boundary and the Bills have really good EDGEs and really good boundary CBs. The fans that thought losing Milano and Taron Johnson were impossible obstacles to overcome were wrong. They're both luxury players, not the engine that makes it all work. So no Spector and Williams to my eyes have not been outstanding, nor has Cam Lewis, but they have been good enough to let the more important pieces on defense function.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

LB is a plug and play position... Same with safety. As long as you don't have truly awful players in those spots you're fine. Football is still played primarily on the edges and on the boundary and the Bills have really good EDGEs and really good boundary CBs. The fans that thought losing Milano and Taron Johnson were impossible obstacles to overcome were wrong. They're both luxury players, not the engine that makes it all work. So no Spector and Williams to my eyes have not been outstanding, nor has Cam Lewis, but they have been good enough to let the more important pieces on defense function.

Absolutely wild to say this about the LB position when the injured tandem (Milano and Bernard) might both be all-pro candidates if they could ever be consistently available together. And the 3rd member of their 2nd level all-pro starting defense is also out. And still, the current Bills defensive performances lend circumstantial credence to your claims that the 2nd and 3rd level guys up the middle don't matter as much as the EDGE and boundary guys outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I mean, he didn’t get 300 yards though. Are we sure it’s safe to stop worrying yet? Up 27 in the 4th and still some were worried. 

on a serious note, Josh, Brady, Babbich/McD put on clinics today. I’m sold on Brady. Probably end up next years coach for the Giants. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Skip Bayless is an idiot.  No question Josh is playing in control great football.  Besides Mahomes no one creates more scoring drives than Josh.

That said:  Josh was a high event QB with 220 TDs (167 pass, 53 rush) his first 6 seasons, but 122 turnovers (78 ints + 44FL).  Net TDs 98

compare to Lamar. 155 TDs  (125 pass, 30 rush) his first 6 years, with 78 turnovers (45 ints + 33 FL).  Net TDs 77

Mahomes is on another level 231 TDs with only 80 turnovers.

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Skip Bayless is an idiot.  No question Josh is playing in control great football.  Besides Mahomes no one creates more scoring drives than Josh.

That said:  Josh was a high event QB with 220 TDs (167 pass, 53 rush) his first 6 seasons, but 122 turnovers (78 ints + 44FL).  Net TDs 98

compare to Lamar. 155 TDs  (125 pass, 30 rush) his first 6 years, with 78 turnovers (45 ints + 33 FL).  Net TDs 77

Mahomes is on another level 231 TDs with only 80 turnovers.

You know this but Allen played his rookie year while Mahomes didn't. It would be more fair to compard years 2-6 thn first 6 years (Because you aren't counting Mahomes 1st year when he played one game as a season)

Bills have always played Lamar well. Their defense isn't as good this year without Mike Macdonald.

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

victoria concordia crescit

"Victory grows out of harmony"

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am glad they won. But pretty boring. For two weeks in a row too. Where’s the last second stop?! 

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I could get used to these game in hand early wins and not having to sweat it out to the last play 👍

My fingernails are getting longer. This is a good thing.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Insane stat

Correct me if I'm wrong but the consensus in the topic about his new contract was that people thought the Bills paid more than they should have?

It seemed that way.

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Poor Blonde Joe Cool.

Have a cigar.

Maybe it was that short period of time when it was fashionable for experts to say that Burrow was better than Josh but I despise Burrow. Same reason I despise Lamar. BTW, speaking of QBs I dislike, McCorkle made an appearance tonight.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

This ain’t no rebuilding year folks

Said it from the very start... you're never rebuilding when Josh Allen is your QB.

On a related note, at this point you either trust McBeane or you don't.

As I've been saying, McDermott's mantra about a growth mindset isn't just catchy coachspeak. This guy lives it. He's not the same guy some people here love to hate on. He's evolved, unlike some posters here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Josh and Joe Brady were on a different planet

I thought it was odd that after one TD (first?) they showed a shot of the coaching booth where Brady was stoic while everyone else was whooping it up.  Maybe they missed Brady’s initial reaction.

• Like (+1) 1