Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

The O designed picks and motion. 17 can see everything now. No hero ball. It’s quite impressive shift for the non Diggs O. 

I mean, the Jags predilection to man cover really plays into what Josh feasts on. I'm loving tonight, the result, but most of the rest of the league ever since that game in Denver (the Kumerow TD game) has known you just can't turn your back on this guy. Several plays, the Jagwires did and they paid the predictable price. Those calls should have a line through them on every teams' chart for as long as Allen starts.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

The throw to Kincaid in the back of the End Zone was Classic Josh, but seeing the replay of the TD throw to Ty Johnson from behind Josh Allen....wow.....that was the throw of the night for me!!

That was a 20 yard out to the pylon, with touch, while avoiding pressure by running a carioca to his left, that he dropped on a postage stamp. :o

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Success said:

I love how Allen has matured, too.  He ran tonight exactly how we want to see him run - no risks, no taking on the linebacker for an extra yard or 2, getting the 1st down & sliding.  

Still very effective in the run game, but doing it smart.

The broken hand has kind of been a silver lining - it seems like it has forced him to turn down the superhero dial and be more methodical (and safe) in what he does - he's being super efficient playing within the system.  

No doubt when he's healed some of the superman runs will return, but I think there's going to be real long term dividends from this stretch where's he's been forced to not do that and move the chains other ways.  

Oh by the way - HE HAS A FREAKING BROKEN HAND.  At one point I think Orlovsky said something like "I think the hand is OK" - wtf?  Like he's wearing a big oven mitt on his hand cause he thinks it looks cool.  It's been so glossed over - if Mahomes was playing with a freaking broken hand they'd dedicate a camera to it and show it in it's own window throughout the entire broadcast (and invent and breathlessly track a new stat "hand contacts") and talk endlessly about his toughness and courage.  

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

they'd dedicate a camera to it and show it in it's own window throughout the entire broadcast

lol, Pat's Handcam....

Imagine the scrutiny on display every play when he signals everybody to huddle up!

image.png.7104934057aeec10772d7742552b8520.png

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Oh by the way - HE HAS A FREAKING BROKEN HAND.  At one point I think Orlovsky said something like "I think the hand is OK" - wtf?  It's been so glossed over - if Mahomes was playing with a freaking broken hand they'd dedicate a camera to it and show it in it's own window throughout the entire broadcast and talk endlessly about his toughness and courage.  

All Mahomes has to do is "fake limp" for a couple of plays, and the announcers start drooling over his toughness.....you are so right about that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What’s more impressive than throwing 4 TDs in a half?

Handing off to a player running to the right with your right hand!

Thank you.

I was hoping somebody would finally pick this up.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Watching ESPN, you would think the Commanders are the only team that mattered tonight. I haven't seen one mention of the Bills and their game

55 minutes ago, Skyline Chili said:

I know. WTH?

54 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Be prepared for the entire conversation tomorrow to be about the Commies and nothing about us... and I'm pretty good with that. 

Yep a lot is going to be lost in how completely unprepared the Jags looked rather than how unstoppable Allen was. I know one fed into the other but the talking heads have been looking for ways to discount the Bills each week so far

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

B'More will be a much bigger test for the OLine and for the receivers. Looking forward to it!

From what I've seen so far, the Baltimore O looks more dangerous than it's been since 2019 with the addition of Henry

The Baltimore D is not up to their usual standard so far.

So the real test is on our defense - can we hold without getting someone hurt?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

From what I've seen so far, the Baltimore O looks more dangerous than it's been since 2019 with the addition of Henry

I also thought Lamar was playing at the absolute peak of his ability during the parts of the game I watched last week.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

lol, Pat's Handcam....

Imagine the scrutiny on display every play when he signals everybody to huddle up!

image.png.7104934057aeec10772d7742552b8520.png

Is that what all that finger wiggling and waggling is about?

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I also thought Lamar was playing at the absolute peak of his ability during the parts of the game I watched last week.

Agreed.  

Edited by Beck Water

20 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The broken hand has kind of been kind of a silver lining - it seems like it has forced him to turn down the superhero dial and be more methodical (and safe) in what he does - he's being super efficient playing within the system.  

No doubt when he's healed some of the superman runs will return, but I think there's going to be real long term dividends from this stretch where's he's been forced to not do that and move the chains other ways.  

Oh by the way - HE HAS A FREAKING BROKEN HAND.  At one point I think Orlovsky said something like "I think the hand is OK" - wtf?  Like he's wearing a big oven mitt on his hand cause he thinks it looks cool.  It's been so glossed over - if Mahomes was playing with a freaking broken hand they'd dedicate a camera to it and show it in it's own window throughout the entire broadcast and talk endlessly about his toughness and courage.  

Have the Bills actually come out and admitted Josh has broken fingers?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Have the Bills actually come out and admitted Josh has broken fingers?

I've been wondering the same thing.

I'm still not convinced there is anything actually fractured.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

That was a 20 yard out to the pylon, with touch, while avoiding pressure by running a carioca to his left, that he dropped on a postage stamp. :o

Don't forget the other perfect pass to James Cook.... which he promptly dropped.

Cook has been great, but my god does he drop a lot of TD passes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, folz said:

😁 It's kind of crazy...but I was thinking that the 2nd half almost felt like a pre-season game. 

Kudos all-around. Go Bills!

I was thinking something similar-- that it was great to have such an extended period of garbage time (almost an entire half!) to get some of the depth players out there, getting snaps in a real game. Bishop, Andreesen, Solomon, and quite a few others got some quality game time. They even had Codrington at CB. That's valuable for our depth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

I've been wondering the same thing.

I'm still not convinced there is anything actually fractured.

Speaking from personal and family experience, some broken bones in the hand can be much more straightforward to heal than torn tendons.  So it doesn't have to be broken to be a problem.

• Agree 1