Week 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills - Mon night post game thread

BuffaloBill

My favorite play of the night:

Allen on 2nd and 10 from the Jags 12 or so sliding well short of the 1st down and protecting himself in what was at that point a garbage time drive. Our boy has come so far in his journey to understand that while a 6th straight touchdown drive would be cool; keeping yourself safe for the next game is far more important at that point.

• Like (+1) 11

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Is Spector good? 2 straight game’s incredible defense. Maybe these 2 LBs are good?

I’ve liked Dorian Williams. The guy moves well and hits with a vengeance.  I tend to believe that Milano may be simply unlucky with injuries. I would not be shocked to see the Bills move on from him as soon as is possible given the cap hit.

Top 5 OL

Top 10 DL

A still ascending Josh Allen

Its amazing to see fans of teams around the league now suggesting they should trade away and/or not pay a high end WR so they can be like the Bills and focus on the Offensive Line. 

We can all talk about Brady, and rightfully so.. but Kromer might be the key to this Offense, both in terms of his coaching ability and who he looks for to invest in on this line. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Special K said:

That hit looked a lot worse in real time than it did on the replay.

A real "Yikes" moment there!🫣

Yep. My immediate reaction was to wince and look away, so was happy to see him pop up with no apparent issues.

Looking at the replay, Keon should be thankful that Khalil wasn't hurt, because he just stopped blocking that defender in the end zone and let him come forward to make that hit. If Keon stay on his block, Khalil doesn't get touched at the goal line.

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

The broken hand has kind of been a silver lining - it seems like it has forced him to turn down the superhero dial and be more methodical (and safe) in what he does - he's being super efficient playing within the system.  

No doubt when he's healed some of the superman runs will return, but I think there's going to be real long term dividends from this stretch where's he's been forced to not do that and move the chains other ways.  

Oh by the way - HE HAS A FREAKING BROKEN HAND.  At one point I think Orlovsky said something like "I think the hand is OK" - wtf?  Like he's wearing a big oven mitt on his hand cause he thinks it looks cool.  It's been so glossed over - if Mahomes was playing with a freaking broken hand they'd dedicate a camera to it and show it in it's own window throughout the entire broadcast and talk endlessly about his toughness and courage.  

I think that hand was hurting him a bit more last night. Sliding when he has the yards he needs (which I love) and avoiding the big hit. Saw a few hand-offs to his right using his right hand and not his left hand (or both). And slapping his thigh with his right hand when breaking the huddle instead of clapping. But even with all of that, he absolutely balled out. This dude is a freakin' warrior.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Yep. My immediate reaction was to wince and look away, so was happy to see him pop up with no apparent issues.

Looking at the replay, Keon should be thankful that Khalil wasn't hurt, because he just stopped blocking that defender in the end zone and let him come forward to make that hit. If Keon stay on his block, Khalil doesn't get touched at the goal line.

I’m certain Keon will learn from this, it that one of the coaches will point it out to him, alls good, 👍 

• Like (+1) 3