That's my Quarterback: A Catan Champion (ESPN article)

ImpactCorey

I love this article haha.  Although it pisses me off that I bought Catan like 3 years ago and before I heard about the Bills playing it.  But yet to find a group to play with me so I just result to playing the online clone version against bots called Colonist lmao.

That's the second or third time I've heard that Josh is a big Development Cards guy. Funny, because that's almost never my strategy. I agree with Knox that a "diversified portfolio of numbers/resources" and ports are the way to go.

Then again, it sounds like Josh does a lot of politicking during the games and that helps him win.

Glad that bonds are being built via silly games and team hangouts. To my eyes, the team chemistry and "vibe" is night and day better than last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

That's the second or third time I've heard that Josh is a big Development Cards guy. Funny, because that's almost never my strategy. I agree with Knox that a "diversified portfolio of numbers/resources" and ports are the way to go.

Then again, it sounds like Josh does a lot of politicking during the games and that helps him win.

Glad that bonds are being built via silly games and team hangouts. To my eyes, the team chemistry and "vibe" is night and day better than last year. 

But Pegula allegedly wants him to stop that...

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Catan is normally known for straining friendships, not forming them. 😉

That said, I do enjoy it.

The look my wife shot me last time I built a road I didn't need just to block her longest road attempt...I thought I was gonna be sleeping on the couch for a week.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Logic said:

I play it with my kids a lot (8 and 10 years old) and they are obsessed with buying development cards. It's their favorite thing to do. They also go after longest road. They want all those bonus points. I just focus on building cities and expanding on the board.

20 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Catan is normally known for straining friendships, not forming them. 😉

That said, I do enjoy it.

For families, yes. But a big group of uber competitive guys? No, not really.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love this article haha.  Although it pisses me off that I bought Catan like 3 years ago and before I heard about the Bills playing it.  But yet to find a group to play with me so I just result to playing the online clone version against bots called Colonist lmao.

Aren't you in Atlanta? I'm in!  Although I have no idea what the game is or how to play...

(nevermind, I just saw your tag that says California)

Edited by buffaloboyinATL