Xavier Worthy: So far, not much more than a gadget guy

Logic

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Still doesn’t look like much more than a marquise Goodwin type to me who could’ve had a pretty solid career if it wasn’t for injuries to be fair…I feel like there isn’t a good reason why he shouldn’t be heavily featured with what the chiefs have going on on offense and he just doesn’t seem to be much more than a burner

i think the chiefs probably selected a decent enough player but they really needed tackle help bad and worthy was kind of unnecessary.  Worthy didn’t really make much sense for us either we needed a more well rounded wr that was a big physical target 

no chiefs rookie receiver is EVER featured early in their first year under andy. playbook is too complex/too hard to learn. rashee rice had an average of 35% snap count last year through five games. they ended up playing him way more later in the year out of necessity. worthy will be featured more as he goes. 

they knew they had something great in tyreek almost immediately, and featured him plenty by season's end of his rookie year. tyreek first five games snap count: 14%, 11%, 19%, 24%, 18%.

Edited by beebe

Just now, beebe said:

no chiefs rookie receiver is EVER featured early in their first year under andy. playbook is too complex/too hard to learn. rashee rice had an average of 35% snap count last year through five games. they ended up playing him way more later in the year out of necessity. worthy will be featured more as he goes. 

They also aren’t really forced into it due to injury either I’d say so I’m not sure how super relevant that is in this case 

we’ll see what happens though for sure…rashee just watching him at game speed looked like he’d be more of a complete player early to me but I don’t dig into chiefs film too much obviously 😂

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They also aren’t really forced into it due to injury either I’d say so I’m not sure how super relevant that is in this case 

we’ll see what happens though for sure…rashee just watching him at game speed looked like he’d be more of a complete player early to me but I don’t dig into chiefs film too much obviously 😂

Worthy is off to a better start than Rice was. rice definitely seems like more of physical receiver I agree. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4683062/xavier-worthy
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceRa01/gamelog/2023/

22 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

We wouldn’t know how to use him. 

This 👆🏾.

He scores touchdown. We wouldn’t need that. Our wide receiver room is load…oh wait…

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Worthy is off to a better start than Rice was. rice definitely seems like more of physical receiver I agree. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4683062/xavier-worthy
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceRa01/gamelog/2023/

I’ve been going through Reid’s whole drafting history out of curiosity and it’s just way too small a sample size to say his guys usually start slow and come on strong.  He’s had the same small number of guys start fast and a surprising amount of pretty bad early round wr picks honestly 😂

hill would’ve started slow for any team I’d bet too because he only really had one year at a big time school and wasn’t really pro ready. rice had 5 or more targets in 4 of his first 5 games, worthy has not hit that mark once in a game this season yet prior to today so I feel like it’s still very much up in the air..  I think his stats are still pretty skewed by a couple outlier plays this early one of which was a straight up blown coverage 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

4th td in first career 5 games. Drawing monster PI calls. Yeah, he’s not an impact player. 

Coleman may end up being the better WR and it would still have been stupid to trade KC that pick.

I truly can’t believe Beane did that.

• Eyeroll 3

47 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Still doesn’t look like much more than a marquise Goodwin type to me who could’ve had a pretty solid career if it wasn’t for injuries to be fair…I feel like there isn’t a good reason why he shouldn’t be heavily featured with what the chiefs have going on on offense and he just doesn’t seem to be much more than a burner

i think the chiefs probably selected a decent enough player but they really needed tackle help bad and worthy was kind of unnecessary.  Worthy didn’t really make much sense for us either we needed a more well rounded wr that was a big physical target 

They also drafted a tackle. So they addressed both their needs. 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Coleman may end up being the better WR and it would still have been stupid to trade KC that pick.

I truly can’t believe Beane did that.

You know the DT we picked up with that pick has been great so far right?  Lol I think the inverse is going to be true and they’re gonna regret they did it.  Worthy very well still may have been there in their normal spot 

12 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

They addressed needs. How successful is tbd. Too early now. 

If a bills draft pick won the starting job and was pretty much immediately benched this board would be absolute chaos haha outside of the obvious double standards between the teams though nobody can say worthy is definitely a hit based on his play so far either by that logic 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The same fans who don’t think Worthy was impactful can’t understand how KC had guys wide open underneath all night. He has to be accounted for on every play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If a bills draft pick won the starting job and was pretty much immediately benched this board would be absolute chaos haha outside of the obvious double standards between the teams though nobody can say worthy is definitely a hit based on his play so far either by that logic 

Of course. We care more about the team we root for. 

It’s been 5 games. The jury is still out on all the rookies in the league. 

Bro has 9 catches in 5 games, averages 3 targets per game, and has 193 total yards. That's about 38 total yards per game. He scored twice in the opener and has two since. He really is meh. People over here like:

Excited Freak Out GIF

• Thank you (+1) 1