Xavier Worthy: So far, not much more than a gadget guy

Logic

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Chargers defense just refused to cover worthy on that play that everyone is overreacting to lol his two statement plays have been busted coverage type situations.  I honestly think there’s a real chance the chiefs got absolutely fleeced on that trade…Carter is looking pretty good early 

That must have been a phantom db he blew past with a hesitation move. I mean even the ref saw that db and threw a dpi flag so I couldn’t have imagined it. Not to mention the safety that couldn’t keep up.

It was a great play not a blown coverage. Really don’t have to downplay it because he’s not a Bills. I’m not sure how many opportunities he’ll get going forward with no other wr to scare defenses but that was one helluva play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

That must have been a phantom db he blew past with a hesitation move. I mean even the ref saw that db and threw a dpi flag so I couldn’t have imagined it. Not to mention the safety that couldn’t keep up.

It was a great play not a blown coverage. Really don’t have to downplay it because he’s not a Bills. I’m not sure how many opportunities he’ll get going forward with no other wr to scare defenses but that was one helluva play. 

Umm the safety help dropped down on the kelce crosser leaving the CB completely isolated. CB is not running deep like he is one on one.

Safety was over the top saw kelce and left his assignment to drop down since they were hitting kelce so much. 

not sure if you saw the all 22 but they showed a replay and the safety totally bit on it nothing special just bad execution on the d

also worthy is fast that’s his advantage he can run deep and shallow crosses. I’m a speed guy and that’s why speed matters but the safety totally blew that play 

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

Umm the safety help dropped down on the kelce crosser leaving the CB completely isolated. CB is not running deep like he is one on one.

Safety was over the top saw kelce and left his assignment to drop down since they were hitting kelce so much. 

not sure if you saw the all 22 but they showed a replay and the safety totally bit on it nothing special just bad execution on the d

also worthy is fast that’s his advantage he can run deep and shallow crosses. I’m a speed guy and that’s why speed matters but the safety totally blew that play 

I haven’t seen the all 22. It’s a great play by the speed guy nonetheless, that’s all I’m saying. Blown coverage was the TD against Balt. They just left him alone. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I haven’t seen the all 22. It’s a great play by the speed guy nonetheless, that’s all I’m saying. Blown coverage was the TD against Balt. They just left him alone. 

Oh gotcha ya I would say this one was as well 

Hes a weapon but if you have basic rules vs him I don’t see him beating you just causing your d to adjust 

18 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Oh gotcha ya I would say this one was as well 

Hes a weapon but if you have basic rules vs him I don’t see him beating you just causing your d to adjust 

I mean he beat his man. Safety failed to come over in time. That’s not blown coverage in my book but to each his own. A defense committing safety help on a rookie is already a win for their team. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I mean he beat his man. Safety failed to come over in time. That’s not blown coverage in my book but to each his own. A defense committing safety help on a rookie is already a win for their team. 

Every team in the league employs basic rules against Tyreek Hill, who is technical not as quick, and he still beats them deep consistently.  

3 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Every team in the league employs basic rules against Tyreek Hill, who is technical not as quick, and he still beats them deep consistently.  

Agreed. That’s why he’s a hof wr. 

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

My wording was bad on ‘blown coverage type situations’ because I got lazy lol…his td earlier this season was unquestionably blown coverage.  His td against the chargers was bad defense imo  seemed like miscommunication between the corner and safety to me personally 

it wasn’t an outright nobody covered him situation though for sure 

it has nothing to do with him being on the chiefs, his entire season has basically been two splash plays that I don’t think will be sustainable but we’ll see.  If he was more consistently making smaller plays rather than two huge chunk plays I’d trust the stats more 

I would’ve said the same thing about Keon if josh scrambled around on that terrible trick play and actually got Keon the ball there on a huge play…the defense just dropped him so I wouldn’t have read into the big play too much 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

DB thought he had safety help over the top and obviously didn’t. Tried to recover but it was too late. Seemed like a busted coverage to me, and I’d bet the safety was supposed to be over there helping.

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

DB thought he had safety help over the top and obviously didn’t. Tried to recover but it was too late. Seemed like a busted coverage to me, and I’d bet the safety was supposed to be over there helping.

It looked to me like the corner bit on the hesitation move and couldn’t catch up. It wasn’t like the Balt game when the corner just passed him off to nobody. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these opportunities he’ll get going forward. 

Not saying he’s going to be HOF player and scumbag Hill but he is actually off to a better start to his career than Tyreek. 

let’s just hope they were right on Coleman. Worthy might not be the best fit for us but man, we could badly use his type of speed in our receiving core.

Worthy looks abysmal in the Saints game... he's not in sync with Mahomes at all and can't separate.

No matter how much talent a WR has, you have to be pretty special to perform at the level of a Justin Jefferson in his rookie season. Neither Worthy or Coleman at this point are ready yet for sure.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Worthy looks abysmal in the Saints game... he's not in sync with Mahomes at all and can't separate.

No matter how much talent a WR has, you have to be pretty special to perform at the level of a Justin Jefferson in his rookie season. Neither Worthy or Coleman at this point are ready yet for sure.

Every rookie WR outside of Nabers has been pedestrian this far. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

he's drawn what should have been a 40 yard PI flag (uncalled) and a 40 yard PI flag (called but shouldn't have been called). he's affecting the game on plays that don't show up in the box. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, beebe said:

he's drawn what should have been a 40 yard PI flag (uncalled) and a 40 yard PI flag (called but shouldn't have been called). he's affecting the game on plays that don't show up in the box. 

Still doesn’t look like much more than a marquise Goodwin type to me who could’ve had a pretty solid career if it wasn’t for injuries to be fair…I feel like there isn’t a good reason why he shouldn’t be heavily featured with what the chiefs have going on on offense and he just doesn’t seem to be much more than a burner

i think the chiefs probably selected a decent enough player but they really needed tackle help bad and worthy was kind of unnecessary.  Worthy didn’t really make much sense for us either we needed a more well rounded wr that was a big physical target 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 10/2/2024 at 1:00 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not saying he’s going to be HOF player and scumbag Hill but he is actually off to a better start to his career than Tyreek. 

let’s just hope they were right on Coleman. Worthy might not be the best fit for us but man, we could badly use his type of speed in our receiving core.

We wouldn’t know how to use him.